PBR Aircraft Conversion: Boeing B-50 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PBR Aircraft Conversion: Boeing B-50

Gordon-

So good to hear you are safe and well!

Manfred’s work was legendary before, now your update has bumped it into the Stratosphere. This is greedy, but would you both have an opportunity to visit his C-47 whilst we are all sequestered? Surely that is one of his most popular releases, you have already done stunning work on it, and Jan-Kees already started the process. Your added details would be a stellar addition mate.

Hope springs eternal

Best- Carl

Gordon,

out-bloody-standing! And I love the quality of your movies too, you're a magician!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Ok, a bit more digging shows me that the initial PBR conversion was already a joint project involving GM, Maea culpa. I was struck with the Dural look and detail on this conversion, but perhaps that’s from the painter alone? Do forgive my ignorance and if possible comment on the processes between the two? Is there a different PBR technique? For me, this aluminum is more like the metal I remember. Have there been refinements and changes between the two projects?

Again, if these are silly questions, please forgive me. They come from complete ignorance about the conversion process and all the subtleties contained therein.

Best- C

Wow! This project looks amazing, it will go on a rather short list of aircraft I'm really looking forward to.

Hey Gman, just checking in to see if I missed something on these upgrades. Are you still working on them?

Blog Entries
    Update:

I decided to make the B-50 and C-97 compatible with P3Dv5, as well as the earlier versions. No point in releasing one model, then releasing a second time. Confusing, so I bit the bullet and dove in to the V5 SDK and learning curve. The tricky bit was the new blue channel as it applies to metallic skins. That aspect is tricky, but I think I nailed it. Best part is the metallic skins are better than earlier PBR rendering in PREPAR3D. There were some issues that needed to be resolved relating to the old polys in Manfreds original model. Primarily rotating cylinders like prop spinners. The new capabilites in the V5 SDK as they relate to texturing animated objects are very subject to corruption when changing textures. It breaks how the light engine renders light. I got it sorted out and the model now works perfectly in V5, and of course earlier versions.

I put together a very brief "beauty" video of the B-50 to bring everyone up to date. There will be a C-97 video shortly.

I have one or two items to sort out on both models relating to mouse activated items such as starting engines via clicking on a spinner. I'll have those sorted out in a few days, then we are looking at releasing the models after Manfred gives them a flight worthy cert.

Enjoy the video, these models absolutely rock in P3Dv5.

Last edited by gman5250; June 30th, 2020 at 11:24.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

This looking very very good

Gordon! So glad to see you working in simulator again! Looking great!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

amazing stuff!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Phantastic!!!!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Gordon! So glad to see you working in simulator again! Looking great!
    I actually think the man never stopped working in the sim. Any sim!!

priller

OMG, I can't believe that video is of a simulator. It it is unreal. Looking amazing, Gman.

Looking forward to taking these beauties for a spin. Can I, can i, may I
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Thank you for the update. Absolutely gorgeous!!!

OTNick

Members who have read this thread: 3