Another member of the large Messerschmitt family

Thread: Another member of the large Messerschmitt family

Another member of the large Messerschmitt family

A recent addition to the library: The Hispano-Aviacion HA 1112K-1-L Tripala. As it is advertised as FSX, some of you might have missed it.

Equipped with the French build Hispano-Suiza 12Z-17 engine and armed with 2 20 mm HS 404 canons and 8 Oerlikon 10kg rockets. Easy to recognise by the small cylindrical oil coolers and the first Hispano-Aviacion Messerschmitt derivate to be equipped with airflow fences at the wings. Due to it reduced weight is was more pleasant to fly than the original Messerschmitts. The lines were beautiful, but the engine was not as reliable the later used Rolls-Royce Merlinj engine on the HA-1112M aircraft.

The aircraft was used in Luftwaffe colours in several war movies like the "Stern van Afrika", a controversial movie about the life of Joachim Marseille.

Done by A.F Scrub and avialable here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-HA-1112-K-zip

As most of you will understand a very welcome addition for me

Thumbs up

Ohhh Huub..how can you!

What with the Buchon and that 211 engined thing...I suppose if you love all things 109 then each to their own..lol!

What next a Schmittfire, a Yugoslavian DB engined Hurricane.....and other Frankensteinian ac... eek! ha ha.

Cheers

Shessi

Shessi, you already made me a happy man by doing the early Bf109s . But I'm a collector and my collection is still missing some two seaters like the Messerschmit G-12, the Avia CS-199, the beautiful Hispano-Aviacion HA-1110K-1-L and the HA-112M-4-L which marked the end of the Spanish 109 development.......

Perhaps the most vital one missing in my collection is the Bf109 V-1 the Kestrel powered first prototype. (Its shouldn't be too difficult to change the nose of an early Bf109.... )

And when I have those I can start to collect its competitors like the Arado Ar 80V-1, the heinkel He112V1 and the Focke-Wulf 159-V2. And when I have those I will start to repaint all 33,984 Bf109 aircraft......

Currently I'm involved in a project, but once I have some spare time again I will do a repaint for the Tripale depicting yellow 14 as seen in the movie "Stern van Afrika". Look at the picture below and you can wonder which 14 this will be.....

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post

What next a Schmittfire, a Yugoslavian DB engined Hurricane.....and other Frankensteinian ac... eek! ha ha.

Cheers

Shessi
    Already been done by Bazza and gang at Aeroplane Heaven

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Already been done by Bazza and gang at Aeroplane Heaven

Ttfn

Pete
    And I already have both of course

Cheers,
    Huub

I know Pete, I've got 'em... awful!

Huub, A JM tex will be nice, and I agree I quite like the 109 proto, I laugh that they put a RR Kestrel engine in it....ve vill see....

I know they say that the Germans put inverted engines in their ac, to give pilots a better view....but really WHY? All the problems of keeping oil in the sump, base/cylinder head sealing (gravity assisting in pulling those seals apart) etc and the fact that two of the best aero engine manufacturers in the world ie GB and the USA, always put their engines the 'right' way up?

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Currently I'm involved in a project, but once I have some spare time again I will do a repaint for the Tripale depicting yellow 14 as seen in the movie "Stern van Afrika". Look at the picture below and you can wonder which 14 this will be.....

Nice! I'll be looking forward to this repaint of my Mum's cousin's (Gerhard Homuth) squadron mate.

PS Thanks Huub for the heads up on the movie Stern van Afrika! I just ordered a copy from Amazon!
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    I know Pete, I've got 'em... awful!
    I know they say that the Germans put inverted engines in their ac, to give pilots a better view....but really WHY? All the problems of keeping oil in the sump, base/cylinder head sealing (gravity assisting in pulling those seals apart) etc and the fact that two of the best aero engine manufacturers in the world ie GB and the USA, always put their engines the 'right' way up?
    Better center of gravity, crankshaft closer to the prop, less bulky nose, space to mount weaponry.

Tons of discussions about the subject.
    https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/thread...ted-v12.26229/
    https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/thread...de-down.12280/
    https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/thread...-engine.29473/

Members who have read this thread: 0