Free SSW Fiat G91: Installing went fine, but no textures...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free SSW Fiat G91: Installing went fine, but no textures...

Free SSW Fiat G91: Installing went fine, but no textures...

Hi,

just downloaded the fantastic SSW gift Fiat G91 and installing ran fine. But after starting P3dv4.5, I got only black textures/missing textures in the preview box.
    Can anybody help, please?

EDIT:

Oh, not familiar with SSW texture options, but I can't found any texture folders with textures in it. I only find "textures/textures" and a lot of liveries, but all contain a texture.cfg file. Did I lose anything while downloading?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Manfred, textures are a separate download: http://94.177.167.28/public/simskunk...dels-liveries/

Henk.

You need to download the textures separately from the SSW website.

Edit: Henk beat me to it!

Hi Guys,I have the exact same problem. I tried a reinstall, but have the same result. The ONLY texture folder in the "SSW-G91-RX-PAN_Textures" folder is a "cockpit.common" folder. My SSW F-84, F104S and FRF-104G TEXTURES folders all have folders for the textures that are called for in the aircraft.cfg file. This is NOT the case for the Gina (G-91). This appears to be a faulty download, based on SSW previous aircraft practice.Bill

Oh, thank you, mates ! Didn't know this, I am a really SSW newbie

I'm on my way....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Forget my previous post

Dave is correct. I guess I forgot that there was also a separate download for the textures for my other SSW aircraft. They are all superb, and well worth the extra installation. Best regards to you all,Bill

Me again - well, got all textures, thank you again.

But I have to ask for forgiveness again: Now the Bella appears fine, but some options still don't seem to work properly (it's not the aircraft, it's the stupid Kraut in front of the PC for sure ):

Beforehand: I downloaded also the "SSW-keyless-installer-unified-v1.0.2.exe" and ran it - it was installing directly into P3Dv4 without any options. So that way, I am correct that the aircraft is activated automatically?

My issues so far:

1. I am not able to open the canopy, neither by shift+E, nor by clicking inside the cockpit on the cockpit lever.
    2. When I open the configuration menu, I can find only a few options.

First, in menu "general" there are no options, for example aircraft state, pilot or any other things. I only found the key-icon below saying that "key is: 0". Does this mean anything?

2. Fuel/weapons selection:

None of the 9 configurations seem to work - I can scroll to the appropriate set, but can't apply any:

3. Option "properties" only shows two clickable squares: "Bitching Betty" but nothing happens...

A stupid user is looking forward to some hints, it's such a beauty...Thanks a lot in advance!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Hi Manschy,Where did you find the SSW-keyless-installer-unified-v1.0.2.exe?Regards,Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Hi Manschy,Where did you find the SSW-keyless-installer-unified-v1.0.2.exe?Regards,Bill
    Have a look here:
    http://94.177.167.28/public/simskunk...ndex.php/news/

Canopy

OK, I found and installed the keyless installer. Can start the engine (Ctrl + E), but then I can't figure where to pull down the canopy (assuming it works like the SSW F-104's).Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    OK, I found and installed the keyless installer. Can start the engine (Ctrl + E), but then I can't figure where to pull down the canopy (assuming it works like the SSW F-104's).Bill
    Electrical switch, lower left on front panel. Hold button down to close, hold up to open. And above that switch is the handle to lock it. Had to research it myself.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I got a note from Simmarket that both the model and the keyless installer had been updated. I deleted both from my PC and uninstalled the model and redownloaded and did a clean install. Works perfectly. I had bought the model from FS Pilot Shop before they folded and got cut off redownloading it and the textures so I am glad to have this option to fly the G91 again. Huge thanks to SSW for doing this! I am very eager to buy the new TF-104 when it comes out later this year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you. I read this message on their site, but that only affects downloads before 4:00 pm. I downloaded it around 6:00 pm, so this seems to have included the new installer. How about your configurations? I can't get any to run....
    Best regards, Manfred.

I have to add that while downloading, my exe didn't start promptly - not until I changed the compatibility mode to "Win7" the installer started...
    Latest state: No pilot, no configurations... will try to reinstall it tomorrow... Fantastic aircraft anyway! Thanks for this gift, I am sure I will get the Queen working...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Missed the sale even though it's only 4:30 pm on 4/1 here in the USA, but note they've dropped all their prices to 10 Euro for the time being -- still a great deal.

Missed the sale also.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Is the correct sequence for the installers to run the main installer (and the textures) then the keyless one? I've got the updates to both from SimMarket, and I still get kicked to demo mode after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    Is the correct sequence for the installers to run the main installer (and the textures) then the keyless one? I've got the updates to both from SimMarket, and I still get kicked to demo mode after a while.
    That's how I did it and it works fine. And of course then the textures.

Thanks. Did you tell it that you needed a new key generated when that prompt appeared? I'm wondering if that isn't the issue

So far unfortunately unusable. No pilot, no configuration possible, no switches working. Reinstalled, new installed...
    No changes...

Is it possible that it does not work in P3Dv4.5?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Couple of things:

1. I am getting EXACTLY the same indications as you, Manschy (I have to believe I am doing something incorrectly on the install...can't wait to find out what I am screwing up)
    That said...
    2. Appreciate SSW providing this 1 April gift....the airplane looks wonderful
    3. The modeling quality of SSW offerings (particularly in the VC realm) is improving dramatically with each release
    4. I was heartened recently to see that SSW is listening to users who found their protection/key system to be unworkable...this issue...and a lack of sympathy from the developer a few years ago on the topic led me to abandon their products and the thought of future purchases. Their re-engagement on this issue and their solution will likely bring me back.
    5. As an avowed "Starfighter nut", I am looking forward GREATLY to the upcoming F-104G and TF-104G models.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    So far unfortunately unusable. No pilot, no configuration possible, no switches working. Reinstalled, new installed...
    No changes...

Is it possible that it does not work in P3Dv4.5?
    I have only the FSX-version installed (which I had purchased some time ago), but I assume the P3D-version works the same regarding weapons selection: in the Fuel/weapons tab, scroll with your mouse wheel in the field "Config #X/X". Once you've chosen a load-out, click "Apply now" (which config you can select depends on the version of the aircraft). It's the only tab where you can actually change things, the other tabs are information only.
    Also make sure you select the correct weapons program (TacPack or vACMI) in the "sswG91.ini"-file. I believe it defaults to vACMI.

The FSX-version needs a program called "XML Tools", though I don't know if this affects the weapons. I don't know if the P3D-version needs this program too; in the FSX-version there was a brief mention of this on one of the earlier pages when you run the installer.
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

Kent, the TF-104 is eagerly awaited from me as well. Since the Captain Sim F-104 is history, I am waiting for a two seater (like the Harriers as well.....ALL HARRIERS ).
    @Lawman: Thank you, but I did try everything as seen in the pics above. Furthermore, I can't move any pilot to take a seat inside the Gina ....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Changes on the "Properties"-tab must be made in the "sswg91.ini"-file (to remain permanent). See the note at the bottom of the tab and the pdf-file "Gina hints" in the docs-folder of the aircraft.

The procedure I mentioned regarding the various configs should work (at least it does in the FSX-payware version); I've just checked it myself (with and without TacPack activated or vACMI installed). Unfortunately, I can't help you any further if it doesn't on your machine. Maybe SSW unknowingly disabled something in the freeware version, though I find that rather unlikely. You should try the SSW-forums.
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

I have to say, I appreciate the good intentions of SSW. This Gina is a great addon.

But if it is not usable, it makes not sense to offer it, neither as a gift. So the 1. April was a jokey day to do it....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Members who have read this thread: 1