Free SSW Fiat G91: Installing went fine, but no textures... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Free SSW Fiat G91: Installing went fine, but no textures...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Yes, that was it. I was clicking on the wrong click spot (the pedal adjust) thinking it was the lock. Thanks!

Is that supposed to be a “QF-86D” repaint? Looks good.

Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Blog Entries
    Nice. Never knew they evaluated the G91.

for the love of me, i can not get any payloads to show using the managers, I also purchased the tornado at the same time as the sale and both are giving me grief.

I cant find any un-installers, any ideas how to remove them from the system and all the associated files

Assuming you're using the keyless installers, all you need to remove are the aircraft and texture folders (each SSW airplane has one of each) from the /simobjects/airplanes directory in P3d.

If they're both showing as registered properly (not going into demo mode), make sure you're running the installers as administrator, and try turning off your AV to see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    Assuming you're using the keyless installers, all you need to remove are the aircraft and texture folders (each SSW airplane has one of each) from the /simobjects/airplanes directory in P3d.

If they're both showing as registered properly (not going into demo mode), make sure you're running the installers as administrator, and try turning off your AV to see if that helps.
    cheers, theres all the additional items and gauges that go with it like their version of tacpak etc etc, only removing the aircraft is only 25% of the task

Has everyone got vACMI working with the free G91?
    I've got the aircraft running fine, keyless install but full function mode, all the textures and vACMI installed.

But I always get a message warning Simconnect version error - wrong version loaded everytime the G91 loads.
    I already had Simconnect installed and use it with FSEconomy all the time, but I redid the SP2 install as recommended on the SSW FAQ just to be sure, from "P3D\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib", actually I've installed all of them except for the japanese and Russian and restarted FSE and rebooted but no joy.

Any thoughts?
    Cheers
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    cheers, theres all the additional items and gauges that go with it like their version of tacpak etc etc, only removing the aircraft is only 25% of the task

Here's what I could find that vACMI installed:

Delete libcurl.dll and vACMI.dll in the main P3d folder, and the Sim Skunk Works folder from the main P3d folder as well.

In /simobjects/airplanes, delete everything starting with "SSW-VACMI", and in/simobjects/misc, delete everything starting with SSW-TGT and SSW-VACMI.

VACMI also installs some stuff in the P3d effects folder, but none of that should have anything to do with the payload managers or copy protection.

Does anybody know if the keyless license tool will work with models authorized using the 'old' method? I've got the F104G (and the Hog) and wondering if I should try and get the free copy so I'm no longer depended on SSW for authorization?
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

I'm pretty sure it does, since I bought the F-104G on sale, and the keyless installer worked just fine with it.

As far as I can tell, the aircraft installers are all identical to the ones from the old system, and the keyless installer just overwrites the .dll responsible for the copy protection in the aircraft folder with one that doesn't look for a specific registration entry.

I can confirm that the keyless method worked with older installs on my machine. I upgraded some hardware a while back and was able to reactivate the 104S, F-84 and Harrier in FSX using the FSX specific keyless installer. It seems to work exactly like with the new installers.

Chris

Members who have read this thread: 1