A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS Add-Ons Library

Description: Updated standalone version 1.2 of the Phantom PatchPack.

No previous versions needed.

This PatchPack will make the Virtavia Phantom II compatible with FSX and all versions of P3D, including the 64 bit version 4.

I have strived to preserve all functionality and appearance as close to the original as possible, not add or change anything, except where required, or upon request.

For a list of the various models in the 3 packs, please visit the readme file!

The original FS9 package (freeware) is required, download instructions are also included in the readme file.

Version 1.1 notes:

Corrected landing lights angle.

Added navigation and strobe lights to Pack 3.

Fixed airspeed gauge.

Made an additional "J" model in air-to-air configuration, with 2 Sidewinders, 2 Sparrows and center tank, included as "model.6" in Pack 1.

Version 1.2 notes:

Embedded navigation and strobe lights in the models, so the lights move with the wings when folding.

Toned down specularity by 75%.

Corrected smoke emission points.

Added the conspicuously missing brake parachute to the new model ("model.6" in Pack 1).

Fixed non rotating fan blades.

An editor's thoughts:

The FG.1 model in pack 3 should really reside in its own folder structure, and have all visible lights embedded, because of the extensible nose gear.

That would however be an unrelated side project, if ever. It annoys me a bit, but I guess it's not that big of a deal to most users.

The virtual cockpits in pack 3 are, in my opinion, superior to the ones in pack 1 and 2.

They have models with more detail, many more clickable animated parts and more bespoke gauges.

I suggest merging the pack 3 non-recce virtual cockpit model, related textures, and panel, with packs 1 and 2 for the best VC experience.

The cockpit merge is beyond the scope of this package, as noted above I have strived to preserve all functionality and appearance as close to the original as possible, for conservation's sake.

I want to thank "Delta Lima", "Postbaer61", "SSI01", "Priller", and "mcanx" from the sim-outhouse forums for good feedback and encouragement!

For further credits, see the readme file.

-JP

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit PatchPack 1.2 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.