PatchPack 1.2 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PatchPack 1.2 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip

PatchPack 1.2 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS Add-Ons Library

Description: Updated standalone version 1.2 of the Phantom PatchPack.

No previous versions needed.

This PatchPack will make the Virtavia Phantom II compatible with FSX and all versions of P3D, including the 64 bit version 4.

I have strived to preserve all functionality and appearance as close to the original as possible, not add or change anything, except where required, or upon request.

For a list of the various models in the 3 packs, please visit the readme file!

The original FS9 package (freeware) is required, download instructions are also included in the readme file.

Version 1.1 notes:

Corrected landing lights angle.

Added navigation and strobe lights to Pack 3.

Fixed airspeed gauge.

Made an additional "J" model in air-to-air configuration, with 2 Sidewinders, 2 Sparrows and center tank, included as "model.6" in Pack 1.

Version 1.2 notes:

Embedded navigation and strobe lights in the models, so the lights move with the wings when folding.

Toned down specularity by 75%.

Corrected smoke emission points.

Added the conspicuously missing brake parachute to the new model ("model.6" in Pack 1).

Fixed non rotating fan blades.

An editor's thoughts:

The FG.1 model in pack 3 should really reside in its own folder structure, and have all visible lights embedded, because of the extensible nose gear.

That would however be an unrelated side project, if ever. It annoys me a bit, but I guess it's not that big of a deal to most users.

The virtual cockpits in pack 3 are, in my opinion, superior to the ones in pack 1 and 2.

They have models with more detail, many more clickable animated parts and more bespoke gauges.

I suggest merging the pack 3 non-recce virtual cockpit model, related textures, and panel, with packs 1 and 2 for the best VC experience.

The cockpit merge is beyond the scope of this package, as noted above I have strived to preserve all functionality and appearance as close to the original as possible, for conservation's sake.

I want to thank "Delta Lima", "Postbaer61", "SSI01", "Priller", and "mcanx" from the sim-outhouse forums for good feedback and encouragement!

For further credits, see the readme file.

-JP

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit PatchPack 1.2 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

I made an Airfix model like this one somewhere in the late 60's. The F-4 Phantom II was truly one of the most iconic fighter aircraft of that era.

BRILLIANT! Thanks so much!

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post

I made an Airfix model like this one somewhere in the late 60's. The F-4 Phantom II was truly one of the most iconic fighter aircraft of that era.

Thank you very much JP,
    The Airfix model was for me also the trigger for the enthusiasm of the F-4 Phantom II.

WOW Postbaer61! Those PBR models look sumptuous! Am I mistaking or did you also change the afterburner effects?

As for that Airfix Phantom (VF-74 Bedevilers), I think a lot of us made that one. Putting on the decals was a nightmare!

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    As for that Airfix Phantom (VF-74 Bedevilers), I think a lot of us made that one. Putting on the decals was a nightmare!

Priller
    Haha, yes indeed, Priller!

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Thank you very much JP,
    The Airfix model was for me also the trigger for the enthusiasm of the F-4 Phantom II.
    Ulrich, man, those models look drop dead gorgeous! The improved AB effect too. I really look forward to flying them once you're done. But please take your time, no stress, that only leads to milly sistakes.

I take it by the selection of images that you're about finished with Pack 2 then?

Say if I can help in any way. Right now I'm making a "cockpit merge pack" addin, so users can easily use a slightly improved pack 3 model 0 cockpit with all models in packs 1 and 2 and the non-recce pack 3 models.

I have even resurrected the non-working brake chute lever in the pack 3 VC from the dead, so now we have at least one spare switch (there are a couple more duplicates, actually), for future expansion.

More to come.

Cheers,
    JP

VF-154 Black Knights paint request

Would like to see this one painted for the resurrected AS F-4 - one outfit I served with.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    WOW Postbaer61! Those PBR models look sumptuous! Am I mistaking or did you also change the afterburner effects?

Priller

Thanks Priller,

Yes, you are right, i have made some experiments with the afterburner settings,
    but unfortunatly the "fx_reheat_Alpha Phantom" effects inflate in the distance.
    If anybody know how to fix that, please let me know.

Here my Settings:

light.x = 6, -12.50, -2.20, -0.74, fx_engine_Virtavia Phantom ,
    light.x = 6, -12.50, 2.20, -0.74, fx_engine_Virtavia Phantom ,
    light.x = 9, -12.50, 2.20, -0.80, fx_reheat_Alpha Phantom ,
    light.x = 9, -12.50, -2.20, -0.80, fx_reheat_Alpha Phantom ,

default sttings

my Settings

And yes, putting on the decals was a really nightmare! LOL

Cheers
    Ulrich

Ulrich, man, those models look drop dead gorgeous! The improved AB effect too. I really look forward to flying them once you're done. But please take your time, no stress, that only leads to milly sistakes.

I take it by the selection of images that you're about finished with Pack 2 then?

Say if I can help in any way. Right now I'm making a "cockpit merge pack" addin, so users can easily use a slightly improved pack 3 model 0 cockpit with all models in packs 1 and 2 and the non-recce pack 3 models.

I have even resurrected the non-working brake chute lever in the pack 3 VC from the dead, so now we have at least one spare switch (there are a couple more duplicates, actually), for future expansion.

More to come.

Cheers,
    JP

Thanks JP,

I can only do it as my time allows, but i'm pretty sure, that i will
    make milly sistakes as usually. LOL

Yes, i have finished pack II and will now start with pack I and then pack III.
    Then i will made an final check and will see if anything has to improved.

Cheers
    Ulrich

Do you guys remember the Cloud9 Phantom being ported over to FSX (port, not native sadly) by a group of people here? Henk was part of that group, TuFun and a couple of others.

Maybe you could use their sounds and effects for this project if they agree.

My dream has always been to have the Cloud 9 Phantom converted to FSX/P3Dv4.x native, but that is a whole lot to ask for... (and belongs in a thread of its own)

Just thinking out loud!

Priller

Definitive F-4 soundset by Nigel Richards

Intacke rotors

I don't see the intake rotors spinning when the J79's are spooled up - A wisp of smoke emanates from the turkey feathers. (P3D V3)

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Thanks JP,

I can only do it as my time allows, but i'm pretty sure, that i will
    make milly sistakes as usually. LOL

Yes, i have finished pack II and will now start with pack I and then pack III.
    Then i will made an final check and will see if anything has to improved.

Cheers
    Ulrich
    I know that Tufun was a burner flame exhaust expert. He had to edit the exhaust fx files in such a way that lost me. He did a bang up job with the Alpha Sim F-8.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I don't see the intake rotors spinning when the J79's are spooled up -
    Erm, that's because the first stage that you see in there doesn't actually rotate on the real one either

https://theaviationist.com/2019/09/1...t-nozzles/amp/

Ttfn

Pete

(Fixer of real aeroplanes)

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Erm, that's because the first stage that you see in there doesn't actually rotate on the real one either

https://theaviationist.com/2019/09/1...t-nozzles/amp/

Ttfn

Pete

(Fixer of real aeroplanes)
    Ah the compressor front frame. I am used to seeing such as this spinning fan at the front of the jet engine.

Thanks for the clarification GE!

For what it's worth, Nigel's sounds also sound great in P3Dv4.5!

Stay safe and sound all!

Priller

Found a good video of the J79 - I guess what I was looking at was a fixed non rotating section of the J79- directly behind are the rotating compressor fan blades which are not animated in
    the AS F-4

I don't see the intake rotors spinning when the J79's are spooled up - A wisp of smoke emanates from the turkey feathers. (P3D V3)
    Those rotor blades should certainly spin up and down gray eagle.

Could you please help me troubleshoot by providing the following info:

1: Do you use version 1.2 of the PatchPack?
    If not, that's why the fan blades don't spin.

2: Which specific model is it, where you observe the issue?
    This information is really crucial in order for me to investigate.

We'll get them blades of yours a'spinnin' in no time, Sir!

Cheers,
    JP

Great shot!

Blog Entries
    Fabulous.

As in "fabulous; I'm on conference calls all day and I can't download this until tonight!"

Re the AB effects, yes, some updated ones would be ideal, and shouldn't be too hard to sort. I recall vaguely back in the FSX / portover days that I had added effects like those that Postbaer has. I think the solution was to move them further forward - I'm pretty sure it was fixable. I think another issue was that they "bled" or "leaked" light outside the fuselage. I'll have to look into this tonight or tomorrow.

Another thing I'd like to start tinkering with is both acceleration, top speed, and roll rate, all of which I always believed was excessive. Obviously, that's no reflection on PJ's great work, but it might be worth having a chat about that.

Finally, and I admit my ignorance here, since I tend to focus on the naval and reconnaissance variants, but is that F-4G Wild Weasel a stock paint in the pack or a repaint? It looks great.

JP et al - thanks for your great work.

dl

Those rotor blades should certainly spin up and down gray eagle.

Could you please help me troubleshoot by providing the following info:

1: Do you use version 1.2 of the PatchPack?
    If not, that's why the fan blades don't spin.

I was using PP1 but now have upped to V1.2 and the
    fan blades do spin.

2: Which specific model is it, where you observe the issue?
    This information is really crucial in order for me to investigate.

It was in Pack 1 where the VX-4 bird is.

We'll get them blades of yours a'spinnin' in no time, Sir!

Cheers,
    JP
    Thanks, I wonder how/if the engines can be shut off other then CTRL + Shift + F1?
    It takes a while for those fan blades to stop spinning.

Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 3