PatchPack 1.2 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PatchPack 1.2 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Fabulous.

As in "fabulous; I'm on conference calls all day and I can't download this until tonight!"

Re the AB effects, yes, some updated ones would be ideal, and shouldn't be too hard to sort. I recall vaguely back in the FSX / portover days that I had added effects like those that Postbaer has. I think the solution was to move them further forward - I'm pretty sure it was fixable. I think another issue was that they "bled" or "leaked" light outside the fuselage. I'll have to look into this tonight or tomorrow.

Another thing I'd like to start tinkering with is both acceleration, top speed, and roll rate, all of which I always believed was excessive. Obviously, that's no reflection on PJ's great work, but it might be worth having a chat about that.

Finally, and I admit my ignorance here, since I tend to focus on the naval and reconnaissance variants, but is that F-4G Wild Weasel a stock paint in the pack or a repaint? It looks great.

JP et al - thanks for your great work.

dl
    Hi dl,

The AB effect will be something to look forward to. As an aside, I think you remember how Ted (Tunfun) managed to fix the burner effect for P3D V3 - it was a challange
    for him look in his post #287 and his comments.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/109858-Vought-RF-8-Crusader-project-2018/page12

AB effect

Delta Lima,

Even though this is a F-8 AB effect maybe the same effect could be done for this F-4. It is a awesome burner flame.

Also check here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...er-Effects-zip

Here is the list of models and loadouts, for those who really can't be bothered with the readme:

Pack 1
    0: F-4J with 2 sparrows, 2 sidewinders, 6 bombs and center tank.
    1: F-4J with 2 sparrows, 2 sidewinders, 6 bombs and center tank, alternate configuration.
    2: F-4B with 4 sparrows and 2 sidewinders.
    3: F-4B with 4 sidewinders.
    4: Extra model F-4D in a configuration similar to this: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...523333803).jpg
    5: Extra model F-4J, clean configuration.
    6: Extra model F-4J with 2 sparrows, 2 sidewinders and center tank (request).

Pack2
    0: F-4C with wing tanks.
    1: F-4D, same configuration as model 4 in pack 1.
    2: F-4E with 4 sparrows, 2 sidewinders and wing tanks.
    3: F-4E with slatted wings. 2 sparrows, 2 sidewinders, wing tanks and what appears to be some kind of jamming pod(?).
    4: F-4F with wing tanks.
    5: F-4EJ with wing tanks.
    6: F-4G with AGM-88 HARM, AGM-45 Shrike, ALQ-119 ECM pod and wing tanks.

Pack 3
    0: FGR.1 with 2 dummy sparrows(?), 2 sidewinders and wing tanks.
    1: RF-4E with center and wing tanks.
    2: FG.1 with 4 sparrows, 4 sidewinders, center and wing tanks.
    3: FGR.2 with 4 sparrows, 2 sidewinders, gun pod and wing tanks.
    4: RF-4C with wing tanks.
    5: F.Mk.3 with 2 dummy sparrows(?), 2x2 wing tanks and some kind of device(?) on one of the port wing inner hardpoints.
    6: RF-4C with wing tanks.
    7: FGR.2 with wing tanks.
    8: F-4J(UK) with wing tanks.
    9: RF-4E with wing tanks.

If anybody should happen to know exactly what the (?) devices are I would really want to know, for completeness' sake.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Re the AB effects, yes, some updated ones would be ideal, and shouldn't be too hard to sort. I recall vaguely back in the FSX / portover days that I had added effects like those that Postbaer has. I think the solution was to move them further forward - I'm pretty sure it was fixable. I think another issue was that they "bled" or "leaked" light outside the fuselage. I'll have to look into this tonight or tomorrow.

Another thing I'd like to start tinkering with is both acceleration, top speed, and roll rate, all of which I always believed was excessive. Obviously, that's no reflection on PJ's great work, but it might be worth having a chat about that.

Finally, and I admit my ignorance here, since I tend to focus on the naval and reconnaissance variants, but is that F-4G Wild Weasel a stock paint in the pack or a repaint? It looks great.
    Synergy is a such a wonderful thing DL. Nothing makes me happier than to see people take this further. Just look at what Ulrich is doing right now.

AB: Hell yeah. Gimme more and better AB.
    Flight model: By all means, go ahead. Not my field of expertise, but I would love to see it improved.
    Wild Weasel: Stock. See the list in my post above this one.

Cheers,
    JP
    Last edited by Penz; April 3rd, 2020 at 03:20.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    That F-4D config. in Pack 1 looks to be the one with AIM-4 Falcon missile racks on the inboard pylons. AIM-4 was the primary armament for the F-102 Delta Dagger. AIM-4 was utilized for a short period over Vietnam but was found to be an abject failure and was quickly withdrawn from use. The aircraft configuration is something of an oddity from that war and, therefore, something of note.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    That F-4D config. in Pack 1 looks to be the one with AIM-4 Falcon missile racks on the inboard pylons. AIM-4 was the primary armament for the F-102 Delta Dagger. AIM-4 was utilized for a short period over Vietnam but was found to be an abject failure and was quickly withdrawn from use. The aircraft configuration is something of an oddity from that war and, therefore, something of note.
    Thank you very much SSI01, that is exactly the kind of info I was looking for!

In other news: Work continues on the "NG" cockpit(s). There will be two, one for the recce models and one for all the others. This will be a small non destructive "drag and drop" addin, with the option of using either original or "NG" cockpit on variant level (set in "aircraft.cfg").

-JP

Hi JP,

Can you elaborate on the NG cockpits? NG as in Next Generation?

Cheers,

priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Hi JP,

Can you elaborate on the NG cockpits? NG as in Next Generation?

Cheers,

priller
    Yeah, it's basically improved pack 3 VC's for use throughout all 3 packs.

-JP

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Thanks, I wonder how/if the engines can be shut off other then CTRL + Shift + F1?
    It takes a while for those fan blades to stop spinning.

Thanks
    Sorry for the late answer, I somehow missed this one.

It takes a long time for them to spin down gray eagle, that's for sure!
    I have sat and watched the process in real time more than once to make sure it worked, lol!

You should be able to shut off the engines by shutting the fuel control switches in the cockpit, over towards the rear on the left side.

Cheers,
    JP

The Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 1 is nearly complete.

And have made some progress with the afterburners

I have built-in the afterburner effects to the model and have to
    create now the visibility condition settings for modeldef.xml.

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    And have made some progress with the afterburners

I have built-in the afterburner effects to the model and have to
    create now the visibility condition settings for modeldef.xml.

Looks like the AB is getting there. Looks good so far. I like the models from Pack 1 ^

WOW Postbaer61! Those are looking very good!

Priller

looks like the ab is getting there. Looks good so far. I like the models from pack 1 ^

nice!! Nc

Blog Entries
    Nice work PB!

Will your rework of the models include the 6th model JP added for Pack 1?

It’ll be a popular “base” common configuration for many flyers who don’t necessarily want to lug bombs around.

Re the AB effects, if it’s baked into the model, what triggers it? I ask because I’m playing about with some VC combos. Also, could it be shifted forward be a foot or so, to mask that slightly odd initial cylindrical shape at the front end of the effect?

Cheers.

DL

Thank you gents, glad you like it

@ DL,

Yes, in Pack 1 are all 6 models which JP have added.

The AB effect is baked into the model and need no other
    gauge to work nor an entry in the aircraft.cfg.

No Problem with the AB, I will move the heat effect further forward
    until the cylinder is no longer noticeable.

Cheers
    Ulrich

It's been quite a while since I've been following a thread like this one! Very exciting things are happening here!

And if the method of JP can be used to have his PBR internal models for all packs, that would be the icing on the cake.

Brilliant that a community like SOH can provide for two user bases at the same time!

Priller

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Thank you gents, glad you like it

@ DL,

Yes, in Pack 1 are all 6 models which JP have added.

The AB effect is baked into the model and need no other
    gauge to work nor an entry in the aircraft.cfg.

No Problem with the AB, I will move the heat effect further forward
    until the cylinder is no longer noticeable.

Cheers
    Ulrich
    Thanks PB! You’re a prince. This is such a timely project - just fabulous.

I hope I don’t sound greedy but was it your plan to add these enhancements to Pack 3 models? Because it’s already a dream come true to see the lovely RF-4B/C birds in P3DV4-but with these extra little tweaks, it’d be simply the icing on the cake.

What would the folks think about posting a thread on either the FSX or P3D forums? That way the conversations don’t get buried here. For example, JP’s model by model description will be very helpful for folks who don’t know what model has what configuration. Thanks for that, JP, by the way.

There’s been some nice dev shots and such that will highlight the recognition that you two gents and the other contributors have made.

It’s not much, but if the “team” agrees, I’ll start it and post some of the key highlights and screenshots.

In any event- thanks so much.

DL

I'm all for moving this thread to a FSX or P3d forum to better find it and the updates.

Maybe with a Patchpack for AS F-4 title or JP's F-4 revival or......

Blog Entries
    Oh and for JP:

The “dummy Sparrows” you wondered about were actually ballast units. Not as commonly believed to be full of cement, but with metal weights inside that could be added/removed as required.

Hope that helps.

FSX Virtavia F-4 Phantom Package 1 Panel Fix

FSX Virtavia F-4 Phantom Package 1 Panel Fix
    This is a simple VC panel fix to use the now freeware FS9 Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 1 in FSX.
    It does not include any fixes beyond the panel itself. It will not work in Pack 2, nor is it necessary for Pack 3.

This was done by Don "fxsttcb" Bodenstedt (I don't know if he is around as I haven't heard from him in a long time.

This was done by Don "fxsttcb" Bodenstedt (I don't know if he is around as I haven't heard from him in a long time.

Talked to Don several years ago by email. He was basically throwing up his hands and saying "Uncle" I'm quitting flight simming. He seemed to be tired of the
    constant harassment by PM and emails from people who disagreed with him.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

For some reason I cannot quote posts at the moment ...

Please go ahead DL and post, the more the merrier. And thank you for the ballast units, I'm definitely still interested to learn about the "missing pieces"!

Now that's a proper afterburner Ulrich. Einfach toll.

I have been busy with the cockpits, and making the slime lights turn on and off with the virtual cockpit wing lights switch. Had to use the switch for something, hehe. All good fun.

I'n the long run I would consider removing all external stores and making clean base models, then add the stores back in with visibility conditions to allow for some kind of weapons configuration panel, and to make it easier to tacpack.

Cheers, JP
    Last edited by Penz; April 4th, 2020 at 13:26.

Slime lights on

Slime lights off

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Slime lights on

Slime lights off
    Dude - working slime lights? Really? Awesome!

New thread up shortly ....

dl

Members who have read this thread: 2