A2A P-40 The Fighter Collection.zip

Thread: A2A P-40 The Fighter Collection.zip

A2A P-40 The Fighter Collection.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - WWII

Description: This is a repaint of the now freeware A2A WoP3 Curtiss P-40. These textures were created using TJ Stanley's (PilotTJ) "a2a_p40_shiny.zip" textures as a base.

This Curtiss P-40C Warhawk was restored in the scheme of a P-40 based at Chanute Field that was stripped of it’s olive drab camouflage paint and used as a personal ‘hack’ for base commanders. The aircraft is currently owned by The Fighter Collection (registered as G-CIIO) and is based in Duxford, England.

By FooFighter7

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit A2A P-40 The Fighter Collection.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks - awesome looking

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Thanks - awesome looking
    Glad you like it! Couln't have done it without TJ Stanley's original textures. Now all we need is for someone to make textures of the FHCAM's P-40C and we'll be able to fly all the real-world airworthy P-40B/Cs in FSX!

Very nice paint, @FooFighter7. Thanks for bringing it to our virtual world.

.... Just one small detail, 'Sustineo Alas' below the crest appears backwards on both sides of AC if you look close up - I wonder if the stencils were just switched ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Very nice paint, @FooFighter7. Thanks for bringing it to our virtual world.

.... Just one small detail, 'Sustineo Alas' below the crest appears backwards on both sides of AC if you look close up - I wonder if the stencils were just switched ?
    Damn!! When I was making it I noticed it on one side and when I went to change it I must have flipped the other one by accident. I'll flip em both the right way and reupload it later today. Good Catch MZee!

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter7 View Post
    Damn!! When I was making it I noticed it on one side and when I went to change it I must have flipped the other one by accident. I'll flip em both the right way and reupload it later today. Good Catch MZee!
    Thank-you, for the fix, @Foofighter7. It took me a while to see this 'backwards writing' thing , .... hard to notice from the VC when flying ....... and, if you're on the wing to notice it, then who's flying the plane ?

This repaint quickly became my new screensaver.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Thank-you, for the fix, @Foofighter7. It took me a while to see this 'backwards writing' thing , .... hard to notice from the VC when flying ....... and, if you're on the wing to notice it, then who's flying the plane ?

This repaint quickly became my new screensaver.
    Good to hear! The only other issue I encountered is that the APU Hobart is all shiny as well. It's the same way in TJ Stanley's original textures so I don't think there's a way to fix it. Luckily the APU is just eye candy so it's not much of an issue.

Members who have read this thread: 0