A2A P-40 The Fighter Collection.zip
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 10,450.00 USD (105%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2020 Charter Membership Drive"




Accepted Payment Types

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: A2A P-40 The Fighter Collection.zip

  1. #1

    A2A P-40 The Fighter Collection.zip


    A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - WWII

    Description: This is a repaint of the now freeware A2A WoP3 Curtiss P-40. These textures were created using TJ Stanley's (PilotTJ) "a2a_p40_shiny.zip" textures as a base.


    This Curtiss P-40C Warhawk was restored in the scheme of a P-40 based at Chanute Field that was stripped of itís olive drab camouflage paint and used as a personal Ďhackí for base commanders. The aircraft is currently owned by The Fighter Collection (registered as G-CIIO) and is based in Duxford, England.


    By FooFighter7

    To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit A2A P-40 The Fighter Collection.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Thanks - awesome looking
    Glad you like it! Couln't have done it without TJ Stanley's original textures. Now all we need is for someone to make textures of the FHCAM's P-40C and we'll be able to fly all the real-world airworthy P-40B/Cs in FSX!

  4. #4
    Very nice paint, @FooFighter7. Thanks for bringing it to our virtual world.

    .... Just one small detail, 'Sustineo Alas' below the crest appears backwards on both sides of AC if you look close up - I wonder if the stencils were just switched ?
    Cheers,
    MZee

    W7 64Bit, i7 2600, 16GB DDR3, GeForce 1660Ti 6GB, Asus P8Z68-V LX, WD20EARX 2TB (64MB) SATA 3 HDD, Cooler Master GX750, NZXT 'Red' Phantom

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Very nice paint, @FooFighter7. Thanks for bringing it to our virtual world.

    .... Just one small detail, 'Sustineo Alas' below the crest appears backwards on both sides of AC if you look close up - I wonder if the stencils were just switched ?
    Damn!! When I was making it I noticed it on one side and when I went to change it I must have flipped the other one by accident. I'll flip em both the right way and reupload it later today. Good Catch MZee!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter7 View Post
    Damn!! When I was making it I noticed it on one side and when I went to change it I must have flipped the other one by accident. I'll flip em both the right way and reupload it later today. Good Catch MZee!
    Thank-you, for the fix, @Foofighter7. It took me a while to see this 'backwards writing' thing , .... hard to notice from the VC when flying ....... and, if you're on the wing to notice it, then who's flying the plane ?

    This repaint quickly became my new screensaver.
    Cheers,
    MZee

    W7 64Bit, i7 2600, 16GB DDR3, GeForce 1660Ti 6GB, Asus P8Z68-V LX, WD20EARX 2TB (64MB) SATA 3 HDD, Cooler Master GX750, NZXT 'Red' Phantom

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Thank-you, for the fix, @Foofighter7. It took me a while to see this 'backwards writing' thing , .... hard to notice from the VC when flying ....... and, if you're on the wing to notice it, then who's flying the plane ?

    This repaint quickly became my new screensaver.
    Good to hear! The only other issue I encountered is that the APU Hobart is all shiny as well. It's the same way in TJ Stanley's original textures so I don't think there's a way to fix it. Luckily the APU is just eye candy so it's not much of an issue.

Members who have read this thread: 84

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •