A2A P-40 The Fighter Collection.zip
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 10,450.00 USD (105%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2020 Charter Membership Drive"

Accepted Payment Types

Thread: A2A P-40 The Fighter Collection.zip

A2A P-40 The Fighter Collection.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - WWII

Description: This is a repaint of the now freeware A2A WoP3 Curtiss P-40. These textures were created using TJ Stanley's (PilotTJ) "a2a_p40_shiny.zip" textures as a base.

This Curtiss P-40C Warhawk was restored in the scheme of a P-40 based at Chanute Field that was stripped of itís olive drab camouflage paint and used as a personal Ďhackí for base commanders. The aircraft is currently owned by The Fighter Collection (registered as G-CIIO) and is based in Duxford, England.

By FooFighter7

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit A2A P-40 The Fighter Collection.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Thanks - awesome looking
    Glad you like it! Couln't have done it without TJ Stanley's original textures. Now all we need is for someone to make textures of the FHCAM's P-40C and we'll be able to fly all the real-world airworthy P-40B/Cs in FSX!

Very nice paint, @FooFighter7. Thanks for bringing it to our virtual world.

.... Just one small detail, 'Sustineo Alas' below the crest appears backwards on both sides of AC if you look close up - I wonder if the stencils were just switched ?
    Cheers,
    MZee

W7 64Bit, i7 2600, 16GB DDR3, GeForce 1660Ti 6GB, Asus P8Z68-V LX, WD20EARX 2TB (64MB) SATA 3 HDD, Cooler Master GX750, NZXT 'Red' Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Very nice paint, @FooFighter7. Thanks for bringing it to our virtual world.

.... Just one small detail, 'Sustineo Alas' below the crest appears backwards on both sides of AC if you look close up - I wonder if the stencils were just switched ?
    Damn!! When I was making it I noticed it on one side and when I went to change it I must have flipped the other one by accident. I'll flip em both the right way and reupload it later today. Good Catch MZee!

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter7 View Post
    Damn!! When I was making it I noticed it on one side and when I went to change it I must have flipped the other one by accident. I'll flip em both the right way and reupload it later today. Good Catch MZee!
    Thank-you, for the fix, @Foofighter7. It took me a while to see this 'backwards writing' thing , .... hard to notice from the VC when flying ....... and, if you're on the wing to notice it, then who's flying the plane ?

This repaint quickly became my new screensaver.
    Cheers,
    MZee

W7 64Bit, i7 2600, 16GB DDR3, GeForce 1660Ti 6GB, Asus P8Z68-V LX, WD20EARX 2TB (64MB) SATA 3 HDD, Cooler Master GX750, NZXT 'Red' Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Thank-you, for the fix, @Foofighter7. It took me a while to see this 'backwards writing' thing , .... hard to notice from the VC when flying ....... and, if you're on the wing to notice it, then who's flying the plane ?

This repaint quickly became my new screensaver.
    Good to hear! The only other issue I encountered is that the APU Hobart is all shiny as well. It's the same way in TJ Stanley's original textures so I don't think there's a way to fix it. Luckily the APU is just eye candy so it's not much of an issue.

Members who have read this thread: 84