Got kind of a weird scenery library deal going on...

Thread: Got kind of a weird scenery library deal going on...

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22 Got kind of a weird scenery library deal going on...

Hiya Guys,

Hope this post finds everyone weathering the Coronavirus ordeal safely and securely. Here in SoCal, in the eastern reaches of San Diego County, life as we knew it has come to a grinding halt. However, so far anyway, I and my family and neighbors are Corona-free... so far as any of us is aware, anyway.

I'm starting a new scenery project. Just getting things set up. And I keep running into a little issue that I have never seen happen before.

When I add a particular scenery folder to the scenery library, its gets added as Combat Flight Simulator 2 even though that is not the name of the folder being added.

Basically, I am adding three standard issue MR folders for this particular area: MR Scenery, MR Scenery Masks-Excludes and MR Scenery Waterclass-Landclass. The first two show up fine in the scenery library list. But the last one, which happens to be the WaterClass-Landclass folder, keeps changing its name to Combat Flight Simulator 2 in the scenery library list.

The name doesn't change in file explorer. But it magically changes its name in the scenery library list

I've deleted all my INDEX files and filelist.dat files several times just to see if that might make a difference. No joy.

Ive added it first, second and last. Makes no difference. That particular folder name always changes to Combat Flight Simulator 2 in the scenery library list.

Anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Thanks!
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Although I,m not sure which platform your running , Could it be reading from a Bgl header file ? then re-naming itself ?
    sure is an oddiy ,

Quote Originally Posted by Sarg Willy View Post
    Although I,m not sure which platform your running , Could it be reading from a Bgl header file ? then re-naming itself ?
    sure is an oddiy ,
    Hiya Sarg Willy,

That's a good thought, except that at the moment there are no bgls in the folder to read a header from.

I was just setting everything up so I could start adding some bgls.

There is an empty "scenery" and an empty "texture" folder inside but that's it.

BTW, I'm running Windows8.1Pro

Cheers,
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Second try , delete the folder , make a new one , this time add -- properties -- read only -- and drop that in ,

Icon22

Second try , delete the folder , make a new one , this time add -- properties -- read only -- and drop that in ,
    Thanks Sarg. Interestingly enough, I tried that but both the old and new folder already had the "Read Only" box checked off without my messing with it.

However, I found a punt-workaround.

I made a copy of another MR scenery folder. Renamed it MR Palmyra Atoll LClass-WClass (to get my hand back in I am reworking an old location, Palmyra Atoll).

Got rid of all the files in its scenery and texture sub-folders and now everything is working fine.

When I added it to the scenery library it kept its given name.

I don't know what issue the sim had with that other folder, but there was something about it that just kinda PO'd CFS2!

I have zero clue. Just glad it over and now I can get back to spending 100% of my time worrying about where my next roll of toilet paper is coming from! ;^)

Cheers's Sarg and thanks for the input.

MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Good one MR , the only thing that I can think of then is the Character length , of the title ,
    you second choice is about 3 less , Took all the toilet paper from the work shop , home with me ,
    got it under lock and loaded status , I,m old enough to remember why my father left a simpsons and sears
    or eaton,s catalog in the out house ,,
    I,m wondering what virtual shoppers are gona use ? Postal ??

Icon22

I,m wondering what virtual shoppers are gona use ? Postal ??
    I'm sure they'll finger it out. ;^)
    MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

I don't shake hands with people anymore. Not because they might have Covid19, but because they might not have any toilet paper.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    I don't shake hands with people anymore. Not because they might have Covid19, but because they might not have any toilet paper.
    LOL! I hear ya!

Cheers,
    MR

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Members who have read this thread: 0