Flight1/Iron Knuckles DC9

Thread: Flight1/Iron Knuckles DC9

Flight1/Iron Knuckles DC9

Does anyone happen to have this still installed on their system? I bought it off ebay but it doesnt work because its 32bit and im on w10 64

Have you tried to install it with compatibility options set to older versions of Windows?

Yep tried, everything

Tried it, confirmed, doesn't work. Win 10 is such a pile of you know what.
    At some point I'll work on a solution and post back. Won't be soon though.
    Even once it's installed, I have a feeling there might be other issues with the aircraft.
    Did I mention Win 10 is no good??? lol

Quote Originally Posted by anels9 View Post
    Yep tried, everything
    C++ files and the Runtime libraries?

A lot of those are specific versions, the latest ones work alongside earlier ones, not over-writing them.

Ttfn

Pete

SOrry not sure what youre talking about

anels9,
    What isn't working?
    Is it installed?
    What sort of installation media did it come in? Disc?

Pete is mentioning the Microsoft Visual C++ files. These are files freely distributed by Microsoft and often needed to run older software. (Just a quick Google will bring you there...........)

Cheers,
    Huub

@mark, no it’s not installed. You hit the install and the program closes (running in the background) and yes came as a disc

Ok, that's what I thought. My situation is the same, disc version and installer won't run.

There are many old installers that just won't run on Win 10. It's nothing to do with the installers being 32bit, they are compatible and run on any other 64bit system perfectly but not on Win 10.
    The problem is tracking down what stops them functioning under Win 10 as any fix can vary installer to installer, PC to PC. Some installers there simply is no solution to get them working.

Win 10 is terrible for running old software. I've spent a bunch of time getting certain games running under Win 10. I may try to find a solution for the DC9 installer at some point. I'm debating running FS9 on a Win 7 machine and ditching Win 10 for FS9. I'll see how many things don't run well and decide from there. As soon as I read your post I immediately tried my DC9 as I had not attempted to install it yet under Win 10. I can now add it to the Win 10 problem list.

If I come up with a solution for it under Win 10 I'll let you know. Even if I do, no guarantee what worked for me will work for you on your system.
    Then once it's installed, who knows, having it work properly and the gauges working properly under Win 10 might be another matter altogether. It never ends with Win 10! haha

Best fix option, get a Win 7 PC for FS9!

Yeah no worries mark, keep me posted.

when I got my new computer, no-one was willing to install w7, only would install w10

Yeah, there is no choice now, most new machines must have Win 10 or the hardware won't function properly or at all. It's the only reason I switched when I built my PC, motherboard and CPU don't support Win 7. I do have old machines I can use with Win 7 and Win XP but try and run as much as I can on Win 10.

Speaking of DC9 fixes, have one, I'll PM you in a sec.

Members who have read this thread: 0