P3DV4+ AC-130J Ghostrider Mod.zip

Thread: P3DV4+ AC-130J Ghostrider Mod.zip

P3DV4+ AC-130J Ghostrider Mod.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Military aircraft

Description: This is an extensive model conversion modification done to the stock P3D LM/CS C-130J.

This is the 3rd iteration of the "ScorchMod" C-130Js. The AC-130J Ghostrider modification includes similar modifications done to the previous versions of the C-130J. Those are night formation lighting, and the model and performance changes. I have also included an optional night texture for glowing propeller tips. Although, the real C-130Js do not have this option, I decided to add it as an option. For this model I have made a true AC-130J. This model includes the 105mm cannon and new GAU-23 30mm cannon. As the Ghostrider only has 2 cannons at this current time. I have also added 2 model variations. A clean version with open wing station hardpoints. As well as a "loaded" version equipped with the Ghostrider's correct amount of equipped GBU-39 Small Diameter Bombs that I modeled. Other external modifications I have done are the additions of the SATCOM dome as well as the AC-130Js assortment of FLIR cameras. I have also coded the stock IR camera from P3D into this model to mimic the iconic IR camera view from the Hercules Gunships. The IR camera uses P3D's camera function keys, not the standard view keys. This will allow the user to slave the FLIR camera and track targets on the ground. The weapon systems though, do remain inoperable for P3D. Hopefully in the future someone will TacPack this version I created. I have also included 4 custom repaints for the Ghostrider. They represent AFSOC ships 5772, 5783, 5809, and 5837. 3 of the 4 ships represent aircraft with nose art, ship 5783 is the only ship that is just the standard AFSOC color scheme.

This mod will only work with P3DV4+ and is not compatible with earlier versions of P3D or FSX. Like the other ScorchMod C-130s, this is a component based modification, meaning you will have to build the file up using your stock P3D C-130J's files to complete the mod. Instructions are included.

Model modifications and repaints by Nicholas Mitchell "Scorch00."

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P3DV4+ AC-130J Ghostrider Mod.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Missing Texture?

I was taking a test ride in v5 and the sensor forward of the pilots side landing gear well seems to be missing a texture.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AC-130J, KHRT.jpg  
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Your work on the C130 family is trully awesome! would be great if you would consider making an MC-130H from the stock one as well!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 87-0024-usaf-united-states-air-force-lockheed-mc-130h-hercules-l-382_PlanespottersNet_965417_3cc.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 3