First Paint...Comments!

Thread: First Paint...Comments!

Threaded View

First Paint...Comments!

So while ensconced within my humble abode (i.e. quarantined like a rabid animal), I decided to give aircraft painting a try. I've wanted to for a long time, but never got around to it. Here's my first result, still a work-in-progress. I still need to figure out the alpha channel, and there's some markings to tweak and add.

The paint represents fictional TA-4J BuAer 154280 painted in an equally fictional heritage scheme representing the Torpedo Six squadron commander's TBD circa 1940. Yes, the center tank is painted like an infamous Mark 13 torpedo Comments welcome (nice, constructive ones...especially since I know what most people think of fictional paints...) Thanks!

If anyone has time, I have a question for other painters. I've tried to change the front pilot's face, but it appears that although there are separate front and rear textures, the faces are mapped only to the front pilot texture. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Any thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Torpedo Run.jpg   Elevated Port Quarter.jpg   Plan View.jpg  
    America never stopped being great.

Members who have read this thread: 0