Eat your night flying supper!

Thread: Eat your night flying supper!

Exclamation Eat your night flying supper!

Tomorrow I will upload MkIII/MKIV radar set for CFS3.

Set contains:
    -CFS3 Blenheim MkINF equipped with A.I.mkIII radar
    -Dornier Do17z1 in night camo as a target
    -CFS3 historical mission
    -Gmax source for A.I.mkIV radar scope for developers

Important Note!
    Your Antivirus program might remove A.I.Radar or flag it as a malware. It is best to add this program to your AV exceptions list. The program is only flagged because it was created with Cheat Engine. It has been thoroughly beta tested without problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mkiii_image.jpg  
    Last edited by hairyspin; March 28th, 2020 at 23:34. Reason: Be sure to read this!

SOH-CM-2020
    Wow, a lot of work has gone into this, its amazing what clever minds have come up with

Yeah folks, this is the night interception setup we've all been dreaming about for years and Steve's gone and made it a reality. It's quite rewarding when you finally get a visual on the target after tracking him all the way in on the radar scopes.

Wow, nice! And there sure are a LOT of clever minds here!

Cor!!

Fantastic....

Shessi

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Outstanding ! Thanks for all the work. Regards,Scott

Steve. Could you check this link in your readme.

-It is suggested that you install lighted gauge package at
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=23361

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Mongoose,

I meant to link to Major's dash panel +clights at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=238
    or look under section CFS 3 Other Add-Ons Library - Panels

The radar download looks to be in a new section in CFS 3 Other Add-Ons Library - Bombsights, Maps, Radars, and Reticles
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=164

Icon22 Reply...

Good morning,

Hey guys. I was planning on mentioning this when I got up this morning, but y'all beat me to it. When sdsbolt uploaded his package, I saw that the "other" section in CFS3 was getting a little cluttered.

The "Bombsights, Maps, Radar, and Reticles" section was formerly the map section. I figured this would be the best way to kind of put them in one place; one-stop shopping, as it were. I also put Ankor's updated shaders into the Other - Effects section, and created a new panels section just to help tidy things up a bit.

If I caused a mess and need to fix any links, I'd be happy to. Just let me know how I can help.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Good thinking Rami, thank you!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Well...

The radar function does work as intended (when it's running), but even after I got Windows Defender to ignore the "Severe Virus Attack!" warnings it just doesn't seem to sit well with my ETO install in Win 10.

The first attempt crashed CFS3 to the desktop as I tried to manually exit the mission back to the UI when I got hopelessly lost in the dark (my default reshade settings made the night completely pitch black).

The second attempt (with better lighting) unceremoniously dumped me to the desktop even quicker while still in the middle of maneuvering to intercept during the mission.

Trying to understand the root cause I then ran the mission without starting A.I.Radar.exe, and everything was back to normal.

I'm pretty sure it's something related to having the A.I.Radar program running, and not the mission itself that my system can't deal with.

p.s.
    The C Light Packages got relocated here:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=238
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Interesting. I have been testing it with win10 Pro without issues. I might try it in other installs though. Were you in standard ETO?
    Your (my default reshade settings made the night completely pitch black) sound interesting. What about natural star and moonlight? Just the terrain very dark, or what?

Yes, ETO. Everything except the Moon was featureless black. I knew this was the case with those particular Reshade settings, I'd just forgotten about that unfortunate side effect. They do make things look great during daylight hours though.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Hmmm! Just installed into my more or less 'stock' ETO and did a quick test without even joystick, etc. Worked fine for me. So Now I have tried it in 3 different types of installs other that stock or David's redone 'stock' without an issue. But then everyone now has so many variations!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AI Test.jpg  
    Last edited by mongoose; March 31st, 2020 at 09:00. Reason: typing

I dont know MM, I have not run into a problem like yours. I hope you can run it on some version of cfs3 or maybe a different mission?

Yikes, thats a much scarier virus/malware warning than I get. I could probably compile a program with lesser or no virus warning but you would need to have Cheat Engine 7.0 installed to use it. I cant guarantee it would have no warnings though.

Don't worry about it. It's probably unique to my system and won't be an issue for anyone else.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Hi sdsbolt
    I noticed that you have developed a night fighter radar for CFS3.
    Awesome!!!!!!
    I was wondering if this sort of thing is possible for CFS2.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Stuart
    I would imagine its possible to create some version in CFS2 but I no longer have the games so I am not certain of all the details. I hope you can enjoy it in CFS3.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    Stuart
    I would imagine its possible to create some version in CFS2 but I no longer have the games so I am not certain of all the details. I hope you can enjoy it in CFS3.
    His dsbolt
    Thanks for the reply.
    I do not have CFS3 but I hope all that everyone enjoys your great work.
    Stay Safe
    Stuart

thanks Stuart.
    I am guilty of going to the CFS2 forum to look at your ships so I know where you're coming from.

take care,
    Steve

Members who have read this thread: 0