PatchPack 1.1 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PatchPack 1.1 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    I have just began to supplement this JP's FSX native version of the Virtavia FS9 Phantom II.
    I've attached some bump and metallic textures and converted the model to PBR P3Dv4.5.
    Attached the nav lights to the wingtips and added glass to the vc canopy and activated the mirrors .
    What's your opinion ?

These look great ! Bumps are what make the model 'pop' in sim, otherwise the paint just looks too smooth and unrealistic.

Hoping that you will release some paints for FSX users soon with similar bump mapping.

I can live without this PBR stuff at the moment .... nice to have, but not a necessity, IMHO.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    These look great ! Bumps are what make the model 'pop' in sim, otherwise the paint just looks too smooth and unrealistic.

Hoping that you will release some paints for FSX users soon with similar bump mapping.

I can live without this PBR stuff in FSX at the moment .... nice to have, but not a necessity, IMHO.
    I hope that you realise that you just requested Postbaer to make 24 extra FSX models, on top of 23 more P3D models,lol.

Not one mountain of time (to quote him), but at least 1½.

-JP
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post

I can live without this PBR stuff at the moment .... nice to have, but not a necessity, IMHO.

MZee you are right, thats why i have build some bump maps and metallics textures.
    Sorry but, i don't use FSX anymore and the bump textures allone without specular textures makes no sense.
    I would have to build new spec textures for any single repaint and i don't know if I want to do that.
    That would be another giant amount of additional work.

Ulrich

Hehehe, obiously the Phantom still provokes enthousiasm!!

BTW: Postbaer6, I've sent you a pm!

Priller

In other news: After finishing the current batch of updates, I have begun moving the nav and strobe lights to the models, so they fold with the wings.

It's a bit of a contorted process, and quite time consuming, so don't expect it to happen overnight for all 24 models. Will probably take a week or thereabout.

-JP

Here is the fix for the smoke system if interested.

[smokesystem]smoke.0 = -19.00, -2.25, -0.80, fx_eng_exhaust_gry
    smoke.1 = -19.00, 2.25, -0.80, fx_eng_exhaust_gry

Blog Entries
    Wow, JP! Those light look great.

Not sure if it's too late to suggest a slightly smaller-diameter nav light effect - but now we're just picking at nits. I'm thrilled you're working on the lights being "attached" to the wingtips. I know this is laborious, and I thank you immensely in advance.

As was stated earlier, some of these models, especially the RF-4B/C, will likely never see the light of day in any other form, so you've just made a bunch of us incredibly happy. I installed packs 1 and 3 last night, and with @Duckie's paints, the exterior model already looks like near payware grade.

I'm thrilled to bits - and thanks again to you and the others with their fixes and paints.

Kind regards,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by mcanx View Post
    Here is the fix for the smoke system if interested.

[smokesystem]smoke.0 = -19.00, -2.25, -0.80, fx_eng_exhaust_gry
    smoke.1 = -19.00, 2.25, -0.80, fx_eng_exhaust_gry
    That was my solution too, mcanx, a simple transposition. Thanks!

-JP

Burned a bit of midnight oil, fixed all outstanding issues, including embedding wing tip nav and strobe lights in all 24 models, and just uploaded the final version 1.2 here.

If nothing else, this should make it a good deal easier for Ulrich to make his P3DV4 updates!

No seriously, I think you'll like the new PatchPack.

-JP

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Burned a bit of midnight oil, fixed all outstanding issues, including embedding wing tip nav and strobe lights in all 24 models, and just uploaded the final version 1.2 here.

If nothing else, this should make it a good deal easier for Ulrich to make his P3DV4 updates!

No seriously, I think you'll like the new PatchPack.

-JP
    There’s no “I think” JP. They were already awesome at v1.1.

You’re a rock star for having done these. Can’t wait to download after work tonight or whenever they appear at the library.

Oops, I found a visual error that only manifests itself in the pack 1 and pack 2 models, and, oddly enough, only in FSX.

Nobody has reported it, and I mostly use P3DV4, so it had slipped past my own testing.

However, I already found the solution and will implement it immediately.

I really want 1.2 to be the final version, so I deleted the new entry to the library until it's done. Won't take long. Tomorrow I guess.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-JP

VX-4

One thing I've noticed is that some of the repaints come configured with ordnance. In P3D (series) there isn't any provisions for armament configurations, at least I don't see any.
    I remember in my FSX days, there were options on ordnance configs. I know this is revival of something that was for FS9/FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Oops, I found a visual error that only manifests itself in the pack 1 and pack 2 models, and, oddly enough, only in FSX.

Nobody has reported it, and I mostly use P3DV4, so it had slipped past my own testing.

However, I already found the solution and will implement it immediately.

I really want 1.2 to be the final version, so I deleted the new entry to the library until it's done. Won't take long. Tomorrow I guess.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-JP
    Hello JP,

I also changed the animation of the engine blades ("propeller") in turbine animations, did you changed that too?
    I just finished Pack II.

Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that some of the repaints come configured with ordnance. In P3D (series) there isn't any provisions for armament configurations, at least I don't see any.
    I remember in my FSX days, there were options on ordnance configs. I know this is revival of something that was for FS9/FSX.

👍😁 I agree, YES! NC

Blog Entries

JP and I discussed this earlier on in the very first pack thread.

I think there'd have to be significant coding to make configurations work the way you're speaking, and even then, it'd be only visual, without the associated drag when they're added / removed.

I agree that the some of the specific loadouts that AS "hard coded" were odd and limiting, but for Pack 1, for example, JP added "model 6" which to my view, is the most broadly acceptable way to experience the J. I'm perfectly happy with that configuration (centerline tank and 2 x AIM-9). I think the B has a similar configuration, thought admittedly, I
    'm going off a decade's old memory on that one, since I've focused almost exclusively on the J and RF-4B/C thus far.

Hello JP,

I also changed the animation of the engine blades ("propeller") in turbine animations, did you changed that too?
    I just finished Pack II.

Ulrich
    My God man!! You finished the whole pack II?

You work fast!!

Priller

I just finished Pack II.
    Good job that man!

Cheers, JP

No I didn't change the propeller anim, of course that needs fixing before I release, which one did you substitute it with please?

Cheers, JP

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    JP and I discussed this earlier on in the very first pack thread.

I think there'd have to be significant coding to make configurations work the way you're speaking, and even then, it'd be only visual, without the associated drag when they're added / removed.

I agree that the some of the specific loadouts that AS "hard coded" were odd and limiting, but for Pack 1, for example, JP added "model 6" which to my view, is the most broadly acceptable way to experience the J. I'm perfectly happy with that configuration (centerline tank and 2 x AIM-9). I think the B has a similar configuration, thought admittedly, I
    'm going off a decade's old memory on that one, since I've focused almost exclusively on the J and RF-4B/C thus far.
    I've noticed that the painters have added a model=(Number) for each of their configurations; I've tried to change the model number thinking that would change
    the loadouts. No luck.

Blog Entries
    I've noticed that the painters have added a model=(Number) for each of their configurations; I've tried to change the model number thinking that would change
    the loadouts. No luck.
    You sure? The Pack 1 model=6 brings up the J with the bombs deleted, and centerline tank and stores. I'm not at my machine at the moment, but JP's new model with the deleted bombs worked fine for me last night, insofar as having removed the air-to-ground stores.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    You sure? The Pack 1 model=6 brings up the J with the bombs deleted, and centerline tank and stores. I'm not at my machine at the moment, but JP's new model with the deleted bombs worked fine for me last night, insofar as having removed the air-to-ground stores.

dl
    I opened model 6 with mcx CL tank installed with 2 winders on board. Would be nice to see a slick version (nothing hanging)

I opened model 6 with mcx CL tank installed with 2 winders on board. Would be nice to see a slick version
    Slick J is model 5 in pack 1, gray eagle.

Cheers JP

Nvm Ulrich.

There are two variations of this texture, I used model 5 in both, In var 1 the plane is slick, In var 2 using model=5 there is a lot hanging below the wing.

I don't understand using the same model=5 there are different results

Last edited by gray eagle; March 31st, 2020 at 15:31.

Members who have read this thread: 0