PatchPack 1.1 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip

Thread: PatchPack 1.1 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip

Hybrid View

PatchPack 1.1 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Jets

Description: Updated standalone version 1.1 of the Phantom PatchPack.

You don't need version 1.

This PatchPack will make the Virtavia Phantom II compatible with FSX and all versions of P3D, including the 64 bit version 4.

I have strived to preserve all functionality and appearance as close to the original as possible, not add new stuff.

The original FS9 package (freeware) is required, download instructions are included in the readme file.

Version 1.1 notes:
    --------------------
    Corrected landing lights angle.

Added navigation and strobe lights to Pack 3.

Fixed airspeed gauge.

Made an additional "J" model in air-to-air configuration, with 2 Sidewinders, 2 Sparrows and center tank, included as "model.6" in Pack 1.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit PatchPack 1.1 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Sooooo, ........ is this similar to this one, (or based on this one) : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4D-Phantom-zip , or ?

Lots of versions seem to be out there, hence, a bit confused.

Sorry, for the dumb question.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Sooooo, ........ is this similar to this one, (or based on this one) : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4D-Phantom-zip , or ?

Lots of versions seem to be out there, hence, a bit confused.

Sorry, for the dumb question.
    That's not a dumb question at all MZee.

No, it's not in any way based on that mod, and is very different implementation-wise, but I guess you could say they are somewhat similar in intentions.

-JP
    Last edited by Penz; March 28th, 2020 at 21:57.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Forgot to add that I am, of course, still grateful for all suggestions and input!

The models have been my main focus, so undoubtedly there is still room for improvement, both in cockpit instrumentation (as I have attempted a one-to-one adaptation of the original Virtavia instrumentation) and (maybe not least) in the flight model.

I for one would like to thank you for this pack and your efforts!

The only suggestion that I have is take make the models a bit more dull, not as shiny as they are now.

A matter of preference probably!

Thanks again!

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I for one would like to thank you for this pack and your efforts!

The only suggestion that I have is take make the models a bit more dull, not as shiny as they are now.

A matter of preference probably!

Thanks again!

Priller
    Thank you Priller!

I have thought about that myself, I'd hate to lose all specularity, but I could experiment with "somewhere in between".

Definitely something I'll look into, thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Forgot to add that I am, of course, still grateful for all suggestions and input!

The models have been my main focus, so undoubtedly there is still room for improvement, both in cockpit instrumentation (as I have attempted a one-to-one adaptation of the original Virtavia instrumentation) and (maybe not least) in the flight model.
    Thank you, Penz, for all your work!

Question: does the wingfold work in this model? Not able to get it, if so. Thanks, Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Question: does the wingfold work in this model? Not able to get it, if so.
    Thank you Navy Chief!

Yes, wingfold works for all the models, using the FS standard wingfold command. Note, that there is no default keyboard shortcut defined in FSX or P3D for this, but you can add one, if you want. I use a button on my Cougar HOTAS.

Wings out:

Wings in:

NOTE: Nav lights and strobes on the wing tips are not part of the model, so they won't move when you fold the wings. Turn them off before folding.

-JP

Members who have read this thread: 0