Rob's Banshee Puzzle

Thread: Rob's Banshee Puzzle

Rob's Banshee Puzzle

I'm having trouble getting Rob Richardson's Banshee to work in FSX. Givern the number of paints there are in the library here, I'm guessing its something I'm doing but I've peered at the folder and the .cfg file and I can't see anything I've done wrong.

When I try to load the aircraft from the selection screen there is no thumbnail and I get the message "Visual Model Could Not Be Displayed McDonnell F2-H2 Banshee paint1".

The .mdl file names seem to line up with model.cfg.

Any suggestion as to where I should be looking would be welcomed.

Thanks in anticipation.

There are two separate models, one for FSX one for P3D, do you have the correct model loaded?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    There are two separate models, one for FSX one for P3D, do you have the correct model loaded?
    +1 That is the message you get if you have the P3D model loaded on the FSX platform!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Hmmm, that makes sense. Thanks folks.

I got the zip file from the front page of Rob's site. There isn't a choice of FS-X or P3D. In fact all the download links behind the pictures on the Jet Downloads and Prop Downloads pages seem not to be working so perhaps Rob is tinkering with it.

I just checked and it looks like that whole site has changed recently so you could be right and he's still working on it. Give it a day or two and try to download again.
    Larry

From the available Banshee download:

McDonnell F2H-2 Banshee
    For Lockheed Martin Prepar3D only

Nice new site, but will bet he is still working on it!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Sorry about any inconvenience caused by the re-building of my site, still got an awful lot to do!
    Only the P3D Banshee showing just now, will put the FSX version up very soon.
    Forced into site upgrade by my old Serif web program being no longer compatible with Win 10.
    I have gone over to a program called "Xara" which is going to take me an age to understand.
    Here is a Sendspace link to the FSX Banshee.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5eqump

RobR

Rob - many thanks for that! That will give me something to enjoy later on today! Much obliged.

Members who have read this thread: 0