Start'em up!

Thread: Start'em up!

Great film, Chief! Kinda nostalgic seeing the Tomcats and Prowlers!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Thanks for the vid Pete.

Those were the days when there were different flavors of aircraft instead of mostly lawn dart F-18's

IMHO, they should of kept the Tomcat (F-14) and just spent for updates, avionics, etc.

I remember at Miramar when the phase out of the F-4's and phase in of the F-14 was going on.

Before that the F-4's for the F-8's. And so it goes.........

Spliced some good stand-alone vids together, I even saw some "Final Countdown" shots. Just counting everything show that is now retired to included the legacy Hornet.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Thank goodness the background music was not some form of Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone".
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Thank goodness the background music was not some form of Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone".

I still like that song, despite hearing it on the flight deck, ad nauseum. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0