DC Designs F-15C/E/I Eagle package - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DC Designs F-15C/E/I Eagle package

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Wise words Because my airplanes are specifically not study-level, I try to match the "value-for-money" of complex systems with lots of variants and paints with each product, plus a paint kit, to make them as complete as possible for those who buy them and for the community at large. I do try to do as much in the way of requests as I can, but you're right, the line has to be drawn somewhere.
    Perfect example of the 'If you build it they will paint it' has to be Mike's B24, at the present rate the number of repaints will end up passing those for the SOH A20 and B26...…..
    And kudos for avoiding the often over the top complexity, I'm perfectly happy with a kick the tyres and light the fires subject.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thanks @wombat666

A quick image of the F-15E in FSX for all you die-hard legacy sim fans All the Eagles have now been converted.

Got to be honest though, with P3D v5 now here, X-Plane 11 performing well and FS2020 on the horizon, this may well be the last aircraft that I build that will support FSX. There are just too many platforms out there to cater to all of them.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F-15E_FSX.jpg  
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Thanks @wombat666

A quick image of the F-15E in FSX for all you die-hard legacy sim fans All the Eagles have now been converted.

Got to be honest though, with P3D v5 now here, X-Plane 11 performing well and FS2020 on the horizon, this may well be the last aircraft that I build that will support FSX. There are just too many platforms out there to cater to all of them.

I have fun in Milviz's F-15, but it will be nice to get into a "pure" early F-15! (I'm hoping someone does the natural metal "Streak Eagle" skin for it!"

Yes! I like study sims too, but once in a while I just want to get out and have fun! FlyfreeSTD's Fulcrum and Flanker have been scratching that itch for a couple of weeks now! Sounds like the Eagle will be right there with them. Enough there to keep you from getting bored, but not enough to overload you! (I like the vapor sheeting effect in the pictures BTW!)

Thanks @wombat666

Question: do you consider P3Dv4.5 to be a "legacy" sim?

Cheers,

Priller

Good question Pips.
    It made me think and IMHO it would seem to be P3Dv4+ being the finished product while P3Dv5 at this point being more or less a 'polished beta' with several bugs.Hard decision from a developer's view as to what is current and what becomes legacy as the usage is fragmented due to hardware constraints and costs. Broadly speaking I'd be looking at FSX/FSXSE, P3Dv1-3, FS9 and X-Plane pre-V11 becoming Legacy sims, despite a solid number of loyal users staying with them. Some very odd subjects developed for these earlier Sims work in P3Dv5 with minor glitches or no glitches, and just about anything for FSX/FSX/SE runs in early versions of P3Dv3, provided one is creative when it comes to pointing them in the right direction.
    Random thoughts.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Question: do you consider P3Dv4.5 to be a "legacy" sim?

Cheers,

Priller
    Well, the rumour I'm hearing is that P3D v5 may be the last publicly available version of the sim, with Lockheed Martin returning solely to the professional and military training arena. While it's only a rumour, it does make sense, given the LM EULA license restrictions and Microsoft's return to the commercial flight sim field.

While there will of course be those who continue to use it, from a purely commercial perspective FSX is dead in the same way that FS2004 is - it's had a hell of a run but it's not worth the time to support it as sales are tiny compared to P3D. X-11 holds promise for the future if they can play catch up quickly enough with FS2020. P3D v4.5 is still a viable platform but in keeping with previous practice, LM will eventually cease support for it in favour of v5. I'll support both platforms, along with FS2020 and perhaps X-Plane provided conversions are not too problematic.

I don't want to stick my neck out too far in terms of predictions, but my general feeling is that the future of entertainment-based flight simulation will be predominantly FS2020, both PC and console, with X-Plane 11 a close second place due to the loyalty of its followers. Military study-level fans will continue to migrate to DCS World and similar, with commercial air study-level fans staying with the Microsoft platform. Casual aviation-fan users, on both PC and console, will love FS2020 for both aviation and exploration due to its tremendous realism, and that market will, I hope, grow immensely over the coming years.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

I don't want to stick my neck out too far in terms of predictions, but my general feeling is that the future of entertainment-based flight simulation will be predominantly FS2020, both PC and console, with X-Plane 11 a close second place due to the loyalty of its followers. Military study-level fans will continue to migrate to DCS World and similar, with commercial air study-level fans staying with the Microsoft platform. Casual aviation-fan users, on both PC and console, will love FS2020 for both aviation and exploration due to its tremendous realism, and that market will, I hope, grow immensely over the coming years.
    Thanks for the answer. And I'm inclined to agree with you about the future of Flightsim. Didn't know that rumour about LM though. Thanks for that!

Priller

Based on everything I've heard about FS2020 by people in it, just opinions, no details; I decided to skip P3DV5 (I fly V4.5) and I' am just waiting for FS2020 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Based on everything I've heard about FS2020 by people in it, just opinions, no details; I decided to skip P3DV5 (I fly V4.5) and I' am just waiting for FS2020 anyway.
    Exactly my thought. Staying with my 4.5 until FS2020 reaches the shores.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Exactly my thought. Staying with my 4.5 until FS2020 reaches the shores.
    Indeed, and if the screenshots that are posted on the site are of the stock MSFS2020, who needs addons like ORBX? We can concentrate on aircraft!

But here I am, waiting on news about the Eagles with a credit card that is burning a hole in my hand!

Priller

They've got the web page ready for both releases. Just waiting for the gate to open.

https://www.justflight.com/product/d...x-p3d-v1-v2-v3

https://www.justflight.com/product/d...agle-p3d-v4-v5

You can download the manual to get ready for your first flight, though.

Indeed, and if the screenshots that are posted on the site are of the stock MSFS2020, who needs addons like ORBX? We can concentrate on aircraft!

But here I am, waiting on news about the Eagles with a credit card that is burning a hole in my hand!

Priller

While I can't say too much about FS2020 for obvious NDA reasons, I can confirm that every shot you see distributed by MS and Asobo are 100% genuine in-sim shots. Everyone's gonna love it.

Just Flight have confirmed they're launching the Eagles next week - hope you enjoy them!

My last question (for today): will buyers of your airplanes get a reduction or an upgrade for when MSFS2020 releases?

Priller

While I can't say too much about FS2020 for obvious NDA reasons, I can confirm that every shot you see distributed by MS and Asobo are 100% genuine in-sim shots. Everyone's gonna love it.
    I second this and for obvious NDA reasons also!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

My last question (for today): will buyers of your airplanes get a reduction or an upgrade for when MSFS2020 releases?

Priller
    The plan is to offer an upgrade to FS2020 either for free or for a tiny sum for the time taken to convert - it all depends on how easy Microsoft and Asobo make it to convert aircraft. My airplanes are designed to be easy to upgrade, based on the issues developers have had in the past with new simulator releases, upgrades from 32-bit to 64-bit and so on. Many devs simply didn't upgrade their aircraft at all, due to the immense complexity of re-coding and so on. It's why my airplanes avoid .dll files and using SimConnect - they should convert easily to all platforms over time.

By the way, they will mostly work out of the box with FS2020 when it is released - but the new aerodynamics won't work so they'll still "fly on rails" as per FSX and P3D. It'll take an upgrade to take advantage of the new flight physics, lighting, PBR etc etc.

... Many devs simply didn't upgrade their aircraft at all, due to the immense complexity of re-coding and so on. It's why my airplanes avoid .dll files and using SimConnect - they should convert easily to all platforms over time...
    actually it easy to convert dll gauge from 32 bit to 64 bit. no need to re-coding entire program.
    Maryadi

@DC1973,
    Just watched the promo Just Flight vids and see on your FB, but what changed in the F-15C to push for a different HUD? Regardless, all the Eagles look the part.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    actually it easy to convert dll gauge from 32 bit to 64 bit. no need to re-coding entire program.
    I think what he's talking about are all the bits that several developers wrote using Simconnect to "reprogram" FSX and P3D to add full system level modeling to the aircraft. I'm sure that programming went far beyond gauge level programming and was intimately intertwined with and around the limitations of the FSX SDK at all levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    @DC1973,
    Just watched the promo Just Flight vids and see on your FB, but what changed in the F-15C to push for a different HUD? Regardless, all the Eagles look the part.
    Accuracy The F-15C has a different HUD layout to the more modern F-15E. While I don't obviously go to study-level detail, I had the capacity to make the differing HUDs look as they're supposed to, which I felt F-15 fans would appreciate.

I'm delighted to report that the F-15 Eagles package is now available from Just Flight, hope everybody enjoys them!

Be aware that there is an FSX ( 32-bit ) version and a P3D ( 64-bit ) version so make sure you grab the right one for you. Link is to the P3D version;

https://www.justflight.com/product/d...agle-p3d-v4-v5

I have started a new thread for the DC Designs F-15C/E/I. I am closing this thread as it was a development thread. Please post your comments in the new thread. I am closing this thread. Thanks to DC Designs for a great addition to our hobby.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 0