DC Designs F-15C/E/I Eagle package - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DC Designs F-15C/E/I Eagle package

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    Fantastic stuff to hear the D is in.

as for the J, what are the external differences between the J and C?
    Not much I think, J's do not have the left tailfin RWR housing and they still have the classic F-15A/C straight antenna blades under the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    Fantastic stuff to hear the D is in.

as for the J, what are the external differences between the J and C?
    Mostly much more interesting Anniversary paint schemes. Which is why I'm glad the D will be added to the package, because the JASDF uses the two seaters for their aggressors which also wear some cool paint schemes. Oh, and the latest J upgrades also include an IRST in front of the windscreen. But I'm not too worried about that. All of the great repainters here are going to have an excellent pallette to work with given what's planned now.

The Eagles package will come with a paint kit like the Super Hornets, so repaints will be available for all versions - I'm going to do around nine to come with the package, the rest I shall leave to our hugely talented community. The "J" versions are so similar to the "C" that I don't think I'll be creating a dedicated version for them.

Just some test images - working with the speculars to improve metallic areas on the F-15C at the moment. PBR is being held back for the FS2020 versions, when the time comes, so that it's easier for me to release these on the current platforms. And some tom foolery with the avatars in P3D v4

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F-15E Lakenheath.jpg   Grey ghost.jpg  
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Please! The drool, stop the drool!!

Priller

F-15C has been the test vehicle for engine / intake covers, wheel chocks and boarding ladder. The "C" model has an integral ladder which I will probably model in - I haven't been able to find an image of the "E" model using anything other than the mounted ladders, probably for the benefit of the WSO being able to get easily aboard.

All of these extras are activated with a click using the virtual cockpit pilot's interactive knee-pad - as with the Super Hornets, I'm trying to keep everything within the VC for virtual reality fans. Other goodies will include being able to raise the crew's visors and anything else that pops into my mind during the project ( maybe support vehicles etc ).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F15C_Covers.jpg   F15C_Covers2.jpg  
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Looking really good. Something to look forward to as we all fly from home. Appreciate your fantastic work.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I'm happy to report that the F-15C external model is now pretty much complete. There are a few small things for me to do, but the hard work is out of the way and many of the more complex animated components will now be exported to the other variant models and the correct textures assigned ( especially those detailed exhaust petals ! )
    I'm hoping that the external models for the other variants will be completed quite quickly now, the work mostly involving polygon smoothing / minor animation differences and of course assigning correct texture maps. From there, it's on to the virtual cockpits, for which the C model is almost complete.
    So far, I'm on target for a May release.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F15CC.jpg   F15CD.jpg   F15CA.jpg  

Those previews look excellent. I can't wait to get back into the cockpit of the F-15C in flightsim. I haven't done that since the Coral release way back when.

Splendid news. The model looks terrific. No doubt this will be a great addition. Count me in.

Looking great, as far as your additions I do like the covers/RBF flags, only a nice to have for the -15E regarding the moveable visors would be NVGs at night.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I'm game!! I've been waiting for a decent F-15C for ages!!

Priller

No words needed

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sunset_Burners.jpg   Lightning.jpg   Metal.jpg  

OOOOOOOOOh, Chomping at the bit. Love the pics. Thanks!!

Indeed! That looks awesome! Great work.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Is the intake manifold angle movement also modeled?

It certainly is - manually controlled upon engine start to engage the Inlet Ramps, then automatic above 150 KIAS, reacting to angle of attack and airspeed You can see them working in this shot, fully down as the Eagle pulls high-G toward the vertical.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Burners.jpg  

Great!!!

Thank you the fast responding

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

The F-15 Eagle project is nearing completion, and will soon move to the testing phase with the Just Flight team. There's probably about one more week of work for me to do before it's handed over, mainly on the twin-seat versions virtual cockpits. All external models are now complete and I've added some selectable scenery that accompanies the airplanes to increase realism, all made visible via the crew's knee-pads.

I'll share images of the F-15E cockpit once it's ready for public viewing, hopefully later this week.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GPU_Guard.jpg   Night lighting.jpg   F15E_Burners.jpg  

DC1973 , Have credit card in hand, hanger space has been made available .... can I be bold enough to ask what's coming next ? ...... besides a break I'm sure !!

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    DC1973 , Have credit card in hand, hanger space has been made available .... can I be bold enough to ask what's coming next ? ...... besides a break I'm sure !!

Regards
    Well, I have several aircraft in the pipeline at various stages of completion. The current release schedule for the summer, after the F-15 Eagles, doesn't actually include any military models ( yet ) but there are more military types to come later.

The next projects for release in 2020 are Concorde, for FSX / P3D all versions and FS2020, and the Grob 120 TP Prefect, a military turboprop trainer that also operates under civilian registrations. Both will be aimed at mid-level detail, with manageable systems and avionics.

Beyond the summer, development switches to P3D / FS2020 only. There are a large number of aircraft I'd like to build, predominantly military, with packages including F-14A/D Tomcats, F-16C/D Falcons, Phantom, Jaguar, Harrier and lots of vintage and WW2 aircraft. The list is too long to put here but I'm looking to model all of my favourites and make them accessible to all users rather than be study level - that's the key thing here really. There will no doubt be re-releases by other developers of most study-sim airplane models over time for FS2020, but I'm going to stick to my guns and keep the entertainment factor high, with multiple versions of each airplane in each package to make up for the lower-detail avionics and systems modeling.

I also have some sceneries I'm working on, which have been on hold since FS2020 was announced, as the presence of such great scenery out-of-the-box forced a change of business model for me. I can now confirm though that I will be releasing sceneries of airports / military air bases that other devs have overlooked.

I'll always update folks here on what I'm working on when it comes to military types, and hoepfully I'll keep getting better with each release

Sounds pretty good!
    Then F-15!
    More accurate date?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Awesome news , little bit of everything .... thank you !

Regards

Members who have read this thread: 0