My Sceneries at Simviation and FlyAway Simulations

Thread: My Sceneries at Simviation and FlyAway Simulations

My Sceneries at Simviation and FlyAway Simulations

Last weekend a friend pointed me to a post at Fly Away Simulations site showing that they have uploaded my Locher Scenery, something that was done without my permission. Even though I do not include distribution restrictions in my readme, still I expected to be notified before something like this happened. Furthermore, the site includes a "Premium" option and paying members can download faster, which does not go well with the freeware nature of the scenery package.

I contacted them and they were very quick in responding. I was pleased that they offered to remove the "premium" option from the link and also remove any contact details to avoid support requests. Although the first move of uploading without asking was annoying, the response was totally OK for me, and have no objection for them to host the file.

However, I was also informed that Simviation has links for not only one, but four of my sceneries since August. They also have a paying option so the situation is similar. I contacted their generic address webmaster@simviation.com but I had no response yet.

Does anyone have any other contact details that I could use?

I think its know problem of this site :/ , the same website like Ricoo.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Problem

I have uploaded to different websites as a thanks for all the freeware they have supplied to me. IMHO if a site allows unlimited free downloads with no penalty but asks for membership donations to help pay for the bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I have uploaded to different websites as a thanks for all the freeware they have supplied to me. IMHO if a site allows unlimited free downloads with no penalty but asks for membership donations to help pay for the bandwidth.
    It's one thing for one to choose to upload to a site (like I did here and at Avsim) and another for a site to get it from one of these and upload it on their own without asking anyone. It gets worse when that site is charging for faster downloads. Both SOH and Avsim accept voluntary donations for bandwidth and have the same speed for everyone, not charging for faster speeds.

I would appreciate pointers on how to contact Simviation staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I would appreciate pointers on how to contact Simviation staff.
    Usually "webmaster@websitename.com" will work.

But in the case of simviation, try "peter@simviation.com".

Hope this helps.

Thank you Frank! Apparently Peter’s email bounced back for some reason. I will try the forum.

On their pages there are two contact addresses: webmaster@simviation.com or support@simviation.com.

I've found a few of my things at flyaway despite not uploading anything there nor even downloading anything from there. It really irritates me that they feel like the can upload it there without any permission...in my mind it's theft since they are taking what isn't theirs and redistributing it.

Finally got a reply from Pete at Simviation that they have removed the files. Case closed. Thanks for the help!

Members who have read this thread: 0