Pilots vision/health and Tactucal display

Thread: Pilots vision/health and Tactucal display

Pilots vision/health and Tactucal display

Is there any relationship between a pilot's attributes and objects appearing on the Tactical Display? I sort of think not nut objects; vehicles in this case; sometimes don't appear, or disappear and maybe re appear.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    In campaign play, the pilot's vision is easier to verify, and to improve as points are built up. I would have thought that aircraft would go from the white unidentified to blue or red a lot sooner if the pilot's vision were 100 points? Hence the tactical display would reflect the pilot's attributes. Just my best guess.

Possible. Not sure about why some disappear and then re appear when I am talking about static flak, or on this case sound 'flak'!

I think clouds may stop things being visible on the TAC.

Under 'Flying the campaigns', the little printed manual that comes with the Abacus 'Mosquito Combat Europe' says this of the TAC, which corresponds exactly with my experience of it:

'Unlike the 'radar' in CFS2, the tactical display is not a 'god's eve view' of the action. In fact it will only show you want your pilot could actually see.

This means that aircraft flying in heavy cloud won't show on the display. Likewise ground units obscured by cloud or too small to be seen at distance won't be shown on the display. But it gets even more complicated than that.

The tactical display is turned on or off using SHF+T. It represents what your pilot can see given his current health and vision. The health (fatigue) and vision of your pilot will change from mission to mission, and can be increased by spending 'skill points'.

You acquire skill points by flying successful missions and by making kills. Before you fly your next mission you should check the status of your pilot and apply any skill points you have acquired'

I tend to play mission sets not campaigns. Any way to manually set pilot attributes in missions?

You have Health, Vision and G-forces.

I lessen my health to 10, and give it
    to vision and some to G-forces

I was thinking more of alterations in the xml rather than in game.

In-game modifies the Appdata unlimitedpilots.xml.
    There's also one in the main folder.

SOH-CM-2020
    I always modify the pilotconstants and pilotattributes, giving higher vision, health, gtolerance and experience to my wingmen. In this way the AI perform better and are less frustrating.

In pilotconstants it is possible to change the vision ranges etc for each level (novice, veteran, ace etc) and even to create new categories (eg. numpty) but thats a bit tricky .

If you check my post on the sticky thread on Upping the Ante, there is a more detailed description.

Thanks! That's what I was after.

Members who have read this thread: 0