Bruges_Buildings_2.0 released by Robert John!

Thread: Bruges_Buildings_2.0 released by Robert John!

Icon22 Bruges_Buildings_2.0 released by Robert John!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: GSL Bruges Buildings 2.0

This package contains buildings in and around Bruges, Belgium. The scenery comprises gabled houses, St Salvator Cathedral, Ten Berghe Castle and Snellegem Castle. They are destructible GSL library objects which can be used with CFS2 Mission Builder for missions or as GSL scenery.

There are two versions of each of the two houses - a low polygon (LP) and a high polygon model. The LP model is recommended for better frame rates when used in dense GSL scenery.

There are three models of Castle_3 to choose from. All models have the same polygons, it’s just the draw call that are different, the lower the draw call the faster the computer draws the texture on the model.

There are two texture sets for the Chateau: 2048 x 2048 and 1024 x 1024.

Robert John

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Bruges_Buildings_2.0.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Hi RJ

Beautiful work.

BTW I wasn't aware that we could even use 2048 textures for ground objects. The advanced setting slider only goes to 1024 max objects texture size size. So it works anyway? Something new every day.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Hi Captain Kurt

It was by accident that I found that 2048 textures worked on my machine (WIN 10 UPGRADE FROM 8.1) I started to texture using texture sheets higher than 1024 and scale them down but I forgot to scale the texture down and discovered the 2048 texture worked. I glad you mentioned it worked on your machine, be good if others will let us know if they work on their machines or not.The way new computers work higher resolutions may work.

Robert

Reply...

Robert John,

Thank you very much for the high-resolution buildings! When I get the chance, I will certainly test them. I'm taking a break from classwork today and am binge-ing on Mission Builder. Is the high-res the only difference from the version I already have and used in the Battle of France?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

RamiV2 has two extra buildings.

Robert John: excellent work. You are a true CFS2 artist. Maybe ///i ca use this when attacking Manila?
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Shadow Wolf 07: Have you got the GSL Objects for the Philippines.Issue 13 Nov 2018*GSL Objects for the Philippines. Robert

Library Staff
    Here are the two new buildings - beautiful castles - thanks again Robert.

Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chateau.jpg   Castle3.jpg  

Lovely work Robert. Thank you! Now our MFJ and Luftsreitkrafte officers will have decent accommodation, as will their aircraft.
    Excellent ground textures Kevin!

Wonderful upload,
    many congrats Robert!!!
    i've noticed with pleasure you've used some of my buildings, the large apartment houses...
    A question: i've Win7 64bit SP1, do you think i can use me too the high res textures, and anyway, also for planes?? they will be fantasmagoric for detailed repaints!!!
    Cheers,
    Giuseppe

Hi Gius I only built the models, others are doing the gsl.About textures, I have no idea. Just make a simple test and see.Robert

Quote Originally Posted by gius View Post
    Wonderful upload, many congrats Robert!!! i've noticed with pleasure you've used some of my buildings, the large apartment houses... A question: i've Win7 64bit SP1, do you think i can use me too the high res textures, and anyway, also for planes?? they will be fantasmagoric for detailed repaints!!! Cheers, Giuseppe
    Giuseppe, Using your apartment buildings for Bruges was the result of looking at hundreds of photos and deciding which buildings in the library worked best in terms of scale and "look". Your buildings are excellent both ways. After cutting down the number of objects in Bruges I found that your apartments were indispensable for maintaining some of the coherence I was after. My concern regarding high res textures for massed buildings, as opposed to "landmark" buildings would be the impact on frame rates. Up to you to test that possibility. Could you, if retexturing your buildings, make the roof colours on the apartments a bit lighter? Robert, Any chance that you could make a ruined cathedral? I'm thinking of the cathedral in Albert, with its damaged tower and leaning statue.

Icon23

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Giuseppe, Using your apartment buildings for Bruges was the result of looking at hundreds of photos and deciding which buildings in the library worked best in terms of scale and "look". Your buildings are excellent both ways. After cutting down the number of objects in Bruges I found that your apartments were indispensable for maintaining some of the coherence I was after. My concern regarding high res textures for massed buildings, as opposed to "landmark" buildings would be the impact on frame rates. Up to you to test that possibility. Could you, if retexturing your buildings, make the roof colours on the apartments a bit lighter? Robert, Any chance that you could make a ruined cathedral? I'm thinking of the cathedral in Albert, with its damaged tower and leaning statue.
    Hello Ravenna,
    i've done the test and it went wrong: i cannot use highres on my objects... but if i'll repaint my houses i'll follow your request surely. Thanks for the appreciation.
    Bye
    Giuseppe

P.S. Perhaps do you need some other scenery objects??

Hi Giuseppe,

Youhave a PM

Members who have read this thread: 0