A Swift response to the virus... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Swift response to the virus...

Thank you Baz!
    Greenhouse357

Blog Entries
    Very much appreciated Baz, and thank you for proving once again that our little community represents some of the finest people on Earth.

Kudos sir.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Thank you very much Bazzar and Aeroplane Heaven!

Thanks Bazz and the AH team stay safe and healthy.

Thank you!

Stay safe and healthy!
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

That's excellent. If you don't have it, get it. It's a fun plane to fly. Mine has been modified, though, with an up-rated engine like the Lopresti version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    That's excellent. If you don't have it, get it. It's a fun plane to fly. Mine has been modified, though, with an up-rated engine like the Lopresti version.
    Hi Sundog,

Would you mind telling us what you did to uprate the engine?

And thank you AeroplaneHeaven and Baz for this wonderful gesture!

Priller

Much appreciated, it's a fun model and a generous gesture. Mind you, by the time I've worked out how to take off in a straight line we should be through this whole Corona virus thing....

Beautiful gesture!!
    Stay safe and healthy!

Born to Fly

Appreciate it!
    Thank you Baz

Mind you, by the time I've worked out how to take off in a straight line we should be through this whole Corona virus thing
    I agree. For once I found it better to bang in the throttle at once rather than delicately feed in the power.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

I can't remember whether the Swift has a tail wheel lock. Don't think it has of the top of my hat. If it doesn't and you are having trouble with the large rudder then you could try a couple of things.
    Add a tail wheel lock entry to the Aircraft CFG and use a key stroke or maybe edit the steer angle entry to 0 in the contact points section.

Thank you so much AH! I just took her for a quick spin. This will help occupy the time.

Bazzar (AH),

Thank You kindly for the nice little gift!
    Took her up around the patch this morning and it was a dream! ))
    Will be putting in many hours in this historical airplane..

Thanks again!
    Roman
    Roman

That is awesome. Thank you very much. A beautiful vintage aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Hi Sundog,

Would you mind telling us what you did to uprate the engine?

And thank you AeroplaneHeaven and Baz for this wonderful gesture!

Priller
    Well, the Swift A had an 85HP engine and the Lopresti Swift Fury had a 200HP engine. So I took the Power Scalar in the aircraft config, which is originally 1.2 and multiplied it by (200/85). To truly model the Lopresti I should also adjust the drag and the propeller, but I was just going for quick and easy now. So in the aircraft config, just find the following section and change it to the number shown;

[piston_engine]
    power_scalar = 2.82

Regards,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Well, the Swift A had an 85HP engine and the Lopresti Swift Fury had a 200HP engine. So I took the Power Scalar in the aircraft config, which is originally 1.2 and multiplied it by (200/85). To truly model the Lopresti I should also adjust the drag and the propeller, but I was just going for quick and easy now. So in the aircraft config, just find the following section and change it to the number shown;

[piston_engine]
    power_scalar = 2.82

Regards,
    Ken
    It really does need this for more spirited flying. It is a Globe "swift" rather than a Globe "amble" after all. We went with the purity of the original, happy in the knowledge that the community will make those sorts of adjustments should they require it.

Bazz and Airplane Heaven, I would like to express my sincere appreciation for your generous gift. Having this little jewel I can now personally attest to the attention to detail and superb product you and your team create. I will definitely check in with you from time to time at your new releases. You have an excellent team... Thank you again... Terry

A most generous gift Baz and The AH Team. Just did my first flight with The Swift. Amazing quality. There is a real one at my local airport , so nice to have some virtual flights. Wishing everyone here safety and good health. Cheers ! Mike

Thank you bazzar and Airplane Heaven, I appreciate you sharing your work like this. I really enjoyed flying the Swift A. What a nice gesture, thank you again.

Thanks a lot for that gift

Thanks Bazz for the very nice gift to the SOH and flightsim community.

Saw one years ago and thought it was beautiful. Here's a pic from a few years ago.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_2020-03-24 Globe GC-1B and 1948 Temco GC-1B Swifts - Swift Museum Foundation, Inc .png   DSCN2229.jpg  
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

SOH-CM-2024
    Hello, All-

I saw one of these for the first time many years ago at a little airshow in central Ohio with my father, and have been hooked ever since. Thanks to all at AH for a very generous gift!

- Mike Z.

Thank you Baz keep safe over there
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Members who have read this thread: 0