NASCAR eRacing On FOX Sports 1 (Sunday)

Thread: NASCAR eRacing On FOX Sports 1 (Sunday)

NASCAR eRacing On FOX Sports 1 (Sunday)

BRILLIANT IDEA and KUDOS to all of the DRIVERS that are participating!

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2020/03/19/fox-sports-to-televise-enascar-iracing-pro-series-invitational-opener-on-fs1

NASCAR icon Dale Earnhardt Jr. and NASCAR Hall of Fame driver Bobby Labonte headline a high-powered lineup, including two-time and defending NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Busch, 2012 NASCAR Cup Series champion Brad Keselowski, 2018 NASCAR Cup Series champion Joey Logano, three-time Daytona 500 winner Denny Hamlin, 2016 NASCAR Cup Series Rookie of the Year Chase Elliott, 2008 NASCAR Xfinity Series champion Clint Bowyer, 2014 NASCAR Cup Series Rookie of the Year Kyle Larson and 2017 NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series champion Christopher Bell.Additional NASCAR Cup Series drivers* competing on Sunday include Bubba Wallace, Chris Buescher, William Byron, Matt DiBenedetto, Austin Dillon, Ty Dillon, Timmy Hill, Michael McDowell, John Hunter Nemechek, Ryan Preece, Garrett Smithley, Erik Jones, Ross Chastain, Parker Kligerman, Landon Cassill and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. A full 35-car lineup, including racers from the NASCAR Xfinity Series and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series, will be announced Sunday.

I was wondering if maybe some form of simulated racing might be brought out by one of the sanctioning bodies. There is nothing new on tv, so I think this is a great idea. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Apparently we are about to get a screening of Formula 1 with emphasis on the Australian Grands Prix starting with the 1985 season.
    Not sure how the present sanctioning body feels about this and the footage comes from Network Archives, which is why I say 'apparently', nothing confirmed so far.
    Be good if it happens.
    I am very pleased with myself as I taped everything from Fuji 1976 up to season 2000 and spent many hours transposing the tapes onto disc........
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    I was wondering if maybe some form of simulated racing might be brought out by one of the sanctioning bodies. There is nothing new on tv, so I think this is a great idea. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?
    I watched it today and it was great fun - even better with the entire FOX NASCAR team broadcasting it just like a real race!!!

It was different, it was interesting, and it was entertaining with all the commentary.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I missed out on it myself,can’t wait to see future races though,but it also hit me that there won’t be anymore serious or fatal crashes this way

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Looks like fox will continue with the eraces as it was one of the top rated shows last Sunday. I think the next one will be Texas speedway on March 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Looks like fox will continue with the eraces as it was one of the top rated shows last Sunday. I think the next one will be Texas speedway on March 29th.
    Yeppers!
    They're doing it again this Sunday at Texas!!!

https://www.nascar.com/gallery/enasc...texas/#photo-2

Indycar doing iRacing live now (Watkins Glen)..but nowhere near like NASCAR did because Indy doesn't have the full television network support and instead is only using YouTube.

BRISTOL this Sunday!

Yeah, it's Bristol, baby! This should be interesting.

Watched Indycar at Barber yesterday, not bad at all. Nascar does it a little better IMO. World of Outlaws on before Bristol today. Thanks to Iracing for doing all of these, sure beats no racing at all.....

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamminjames View Post
    Watched Indycar at Barber yesterday, not bad at all. Nascar does it a little better IMO. World of Outlaws on before Bristol today. Thanks to Iracing for doing all of these, sure beats no racing at all.....
    actually enjoyed the IndyCar race less than NASCAR. They need to do ovals so the racing is at least closer. Did not like the announcer team with every other sentence Being how great the racing is. I like Indy cars the same as NASCAR but they need to put on a better Irace show.

will watch race week starting Monday to see how this goes (Irace every day through the week)

Icon2

Yeah, it's Bristol, baby! This should be interesting.
    Well, it sure was!

Supercars ran their first 'Virtual' round at Phillip Island and it turned out better than (I) expected.
    The trick to watching anything on a circuit like PI is to focus on the cars and blank out the surroundings in your mind.
    Only way I can describe it.

Haven't looked at anything else but I imagine NASCAR would be best visually on ovals, tight shots worked well on the Supercars, but long shots were obviously awkward.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Icon2

Onward to Richmond on Sunday!

Things were going so well last year and this year got off to a good start, I was thinking maybe the misses and I would go to Richmond Raceway to see a race. We have not attended a race in at least 10 years. That plan, along with everything else, got shot in the arse!

Looks like Larsen should have kept his big mouth shut today, cost him his job, idiot!!

Yep, Larson opened his mouth, something really stupid fell out and now he is out of a job and is a toxic commodity.

Noticed a pretty big error with the digital version of Richmond. Grandstands. The stands along the back stretch and turn 3 were torn down several years ago, but they are still present in the digital version. I did enjoy the "racing".

Icon2

'Dega was interesting with Gordon back in the seat!!

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Looks like Larsen should have kept his big mouth shut today, cost him his job, idiot!!
    I imagine that after everything is done, Smoke will pick him up to replace Bowyer or Almirola....

What a way to end the iRace NASCAR season than with the race at North Wilkesboro!!!
    Just AWESOME!!!

Yep! Really sad that Bruton Smith bought North Wilkesboro so he could close it and move races to New Hampshire and Texas Motor Speedway.

Yep! Really sad that Bruton Smith bought North Wilkesboro so he could close it and move races to New Hampshire and Texas Motor Speedway.
    You might like this video!

Members who have read this thread: 0