P3DV4 LM/CS KC-130J Mod V1.1.zip

Thread: P3DV4 LM/CS KC-130J Mod V1.1.zip

P3DV4 LM/CS KC-130J Mod V1.1.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Military aircraft

Description: This is an update to V1.1 of the "ScorchMod" KC-130J for the LM/CS C-130Js that came stock with P3D. Those that have the previous version will need to download this update as it has the corrected textures for the inboard external fuel tanks as well a change to the model itself. I've changed the permanent visibility conditions for the external fuel tanks to make them show up 100% of the time. Instructions are included for people who have the original and for first time installers.

This is a model modification done to the Lockheed Martin/CaptainSim C-130s that come stock with P3DV4.

This mod will not work with earlier versions of P3D or FSX. This is P3DV4+ only.

The modification combines models to create a KC-130J. The original creators of the models therefore, deserve the credit for the visual representation you see before you. I've simply sculpted it to what it is. This model has the correct fuselage, engines, performance, 6-blade propellers, and working refueling drogues. I have also changed the drogue deployment assignments to the tailhook key to allow the retention of the drogue deployment animation with a custom cockpit installed in it if you so wish. Other modifications I've also added are custom night lighting. The addition of formation or "slime" lights to model as well as the IR/NVG Illuminated Propeller tips, similar to those found on the MV-22B Osprey are on this model too. This is a component based modification. Therefore, all the remaining pieces not included in this download are to be taken from you P3DV4 stock C-130Js and added to this model to make it work in your sim. Directions are in the readme. I have also included 2 custom repaints to represent the USMC KC-130Js that currently fly for VMGR-352 "Raiders" out of MCAS Miramar in San Diego, California. Those repaints include the black tail CAG ship as well as a flat gray Line ship.

Mod and repaints by Nicholas Mitchell "Scorch00."

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P3DV4 LM/CS KC-130J Mod V1.1.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

cant get this to show up in my aircraft selection list for P3D v4/5?

can I just double check which files we need in addition to the MoD please

I'm having the same issue, I can't get any of the models to show up in the Aircraft Selection menu of P3Dv4.5.
    That actually applies to all the models, the AC-130J Mod, the KC-130J Mod and the MC-130J Mod.
    Pretty sure it's something easy to fix, but right now I can't see what...

EDIT: Figured it out!
    Put in the panel-type in the aircraft.cfg file, under each aircraft. Choose the right panel-type (eicas/soft etc) that you copy into the MC/KC/AC-130 Mod folder (applies to all the three mods), then put the panel-type in the cfg-file, on the "Panel=" line. So for me, using the panel.eicas panel-folder, it'll be Panel=eicas in the cfg-file.
    Last edited by endl3ss; April 5th, 2020 at 13:24.

I followed the instructions in the readme to the letter, and it seems you have to change the following line in the aircraft.cfg file:

panel= becomes panel=eicas

But even then the cockpit isn't textured.

Maybe other changes are needed in the texure.cfg files? Or texture files need to be copied? I don't know. But at least they show up now.

Priller

As you, I did figure out that the line "Panel=" needed to have the name of the panel.xxxxx folder. For me it meant panel.eicas and "Panel=eicas" on the KC-130J and MC-130J, with panel.soft and "Panel=soft" for the AC-130J.
    As for the cockpit textures, they show up no problems for me. I only copied the panel folder, the .air-file andthe sound folder. Nothing more.

Only other thing I've done is that I installed the v1.0 first, then copied the relevant files from v1.1 over, as per the instructions.

I took this additional step - to make sure the interior model matches the panel in use. So as example KC-130J with soft panel also has folder for model.C-130J_SoftPanels

and model=C-130J_SoftPanels in the cfg file.

Just found these - THANKS!

Hey brother, I just came across these, installing them now. Seriously thanks for doing this.

I had gone and made a small handful of low viz 'line' paints for the other USMC VGMR squadrons, so now you have motivated me to finally upload them. Not sure how to post a link, but they are uploaded now.

Second - and I hesitate to point this out - but the nose numbers are reversed on the line version that you did. I'll see if I can make a simple fix, but might be better if you updated it, since this is all your great work.

Ripcord
    Last edited by Ripcord; February 15th, 2022 at 15:47.

hazegraystudios.net

Members who have read this thread: 6