A2A Free P-40 Accu sim - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A2A Free P-40 Accu sim

Corsicana Field, Texas__KCRS

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Very nice paint !

The scenery is spectacular ....... I wonder who it's by and what it's called ?
    Try here:

http://mikesrepaints.com/p40.html

Very nice paint !

It's a "fictional repaint" by Mike Sweeney

Lightbulb

Very nice paint !

Try here for the scenery

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4457&catid=217

a belated thank you Falcon409 (Ed) for the scenery I just now discovered it.

Thank-you, @sidler and @gray eagle for the info.

Anyone using KCRS with Orbx scenery (Global, Vector, Open LC NA) ? Apparently there is a power pylon to the left of rwy 32 threshold put in by Orbx scenery ?
    Last edited by MZee1960; April 4th, 2020 at 16:15.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Here's a member of the 325th Fighter Group which flew in the Mediterranean (MTO) in WWII. They were known as the 'Checkertail Clan'. The group had over 133 air-to-air kills from April to October 1943 in the region.

Then there's this one ...... with a very storied past : http://the-wanderling.com/p-40.html
    She is the only remaining airworthy survivor from the Pearl Harbour attack, and one of the oldest airworthy P-40's in the world today.
    Now she resides at the Collings Foundation in Massachusetts.

Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

Thank you Gray Eagle for both of the links to some impressive repaints including the historic 284!!

Saw 284 in Worcester last year during the tour stop there.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3839.jpg   IMG_3909.jpg  
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

There are probably less than 10 parts of the original '284' buried inside that airframe, otherwise it is largely all newly-constructed. The more fascinating feature of that restoration, to me, is the engine that powers it - it was able to be traced, via the numbers, to being one of the custom-built Allisons that were sent to the A.V.G./"Flying Tigers", and it is specifically known to have been used on John Petach’s aircraft #47.

The repaint version of '284' that I use is a different one than posted above, and won't give you the blue/metallic tint. You can find it here: http://www.mikesrepaints.com/p40.html

Last edited by Bomber_12th; April 4th, 2020 at 22:52.

Some old screenshots I took years ago of the Collings Foundation and Lewis Air Legends P-40B and P-40C in formation together using Mike's repaints (unfortunately the tailwheel wouldn't retract on '160' in the recording playback).

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    ...the Collings Foundation and Lewis Air Legends P-40B and P-40C...
    And with my Fighter Collection P-40C repaint we have 3/4 of the airworthy P-40B/Cs represented in FSX/P3D. Anyone know if there's a repaint of the Flying Heritage Collection's P-40C out there?

Hi John,

I will give your link a look. Thank-You.

Tom has a great selection of HD paints with slight wear showing even in the more recently restored/clean models, which IMHO adds to the realism, .. but, yes, ........ a lot seem to have that bluish tinge, for some reason.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Like many of you, I'm finding KCRS the perfect base of operations for my P-40 training.

Thanks Ed!

Michael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Texas Longhorn at KCRS.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mthrift View Post
    Like many of you, I'm finding KCRS the perfect base of operations for my P-40 training.

Thanks Ed!

Michael
    Hi,

Unfortunately in my case I have a couple problems with the KCRS scenery. Hopefully I will find a solution because the KCRS scenery is perfect for this type of aircraft, and very nicely done.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1215937
    Cheers, MZee ...

Found a nice, small Cape Cod airfield for those who like leisurely flights in paradise ..... (and don't mind waking the neighbors)....

Look for 'Cape Cod Airfield' by 'falcon409' here in the SOH library.
    Cheers, MZee ...

FHCAM P-40 Repaint

Working on a repaint of the FHCAM's P-40 in the colors of AVG pilot Robert Neale. Still needs some work. Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RHNeale.jpg   RHNeale2.jpg  

Here's a member of the 325th Fighter Group which flew in the Mediterranean (MTO) in WWII. They were known as the 'Checkertail Clan'. The group had over 133 air-to-air kills from April to October 1943 in the region.

Then there's this one ...... with a very storied past : http://the-wanderling.com/p-40.html
    She is the only remaining airworthy survivor from the Pearl Harbour attack, and one of the oldest airworthy P-40's in the world today.
    Now she resides at the Collings Foundation in Massachusetts.

do you have a link to the repaint for the Checkertail Clan P40 above?

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    do you have a link to the repaint for the Checkertail Clan P40 above?
    Hi,

A lot of Tom's wonderful repaints (including this one), may be found over at Lock-On Files here :
    https://www.lockonfiles.com/files/ca.../415-a2a-p-40/

Cheers,
    MZ ....
    Cheers, MZee ...

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter7 View Post
    Working on a repaint of the FHCAM's P-40 in the colors of AVG pilot Robert Neale. Still needs some work. Thoughts?
    I'm making room in my hangar for this one ! .......... Beautiful !
    Cheers, MZee ...

FooFighter, it is great to see you tackling the FHCAM P-40C!

I'm not sure if you've seen these photos, via the FHCAM, that may be of use if you haven't seen them already. When they painted the FHCAM P-40C, they went about doing so in the same fashion they originally had with the AVG Tomahawks in 1941. The RAF camouflage was applied first, as it had been at the Curtiss factory, and using Curtiss' subcontractor paint company's versions of the RAF colors. They applied the paint using rubber masks, just as the Curtiss factory did. Because the wing and tail fairings and control surfaces were painted separately from the airframe, the camouflage demarcation lines never met up properly, and this is also reproduced correctly in the FHCAM P-40C's paint scheme. There were also of course big voids in the camouflage pattern that had been meant for the RAF roundels.

The shark mouth and squadron badges were hand painted, as per original. The shark mouths in particular were each individually unique, and the shark mouth on the FHCAM P-40C accurately matches that particular original scheme.

The Flying Tiger logo on the sides was originally designed by Disney and was supplied to the AVG as decals for their aircraft. The FHCAM were able to acquire an extremely rare original surviving decal, and they were able to reproduce these decals exactly, so that they are decals on the restored aircraft as well, just as they were on the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    FooFighter, it is great to see you tackling the FHCAM P-40C!
    Thanks Bomber_12th! I had not seen these. It was surprisingly difficult to find detailed photos of it with a cursory google search. These photos will definitely come in handy!

I usually find Flickr to be a fantastic source as well, when it comes to finding photos of current/restored wabirds: https://flickr.com/search/?text=N2689

The FHCAM P-40C was the first B/C variant ever restored to fly since WWII, completed in 1998, and is by far the most original example left today. Unlike the rest of those flying today, built from few/partial remains, it was a fully intact, complete and very straight airframe even prior to restoration. It was recovered out of Russia, where it had served for about a year during WWII, beginning in '41, and where it had forced landed in the tundra. It still has a couple bullet holes surviving inside it. The aircraft was originally restored by a combination of California Aerofab and Fighter Rebuilders at Chino, California for Stephen Grey/The Fighter Collection at Duxford, UK. However, just shortly after it was completed, and before it was ever shipped out of the US, it was sold to Paul Allen/Flying Heritage Collection in 1999. (Stephen Grey sold the aircraft when it came about that he could acquire the Pearl Harbor P-40B project, which he did, as well as the Hawk-75, P-36, and P-40C projects that have also all now since been completed for TFC by California Aerofab and flying).

Initially, the aircraft had been completed in washable movie paint as AVG pilot Erick Schilling's aircraft. That paint scheme was never meant to stay on it as long as it did, as it was only meant to be a temporary thing when Erick Schilling was invited out to see the aircraft fly in '98. As it would happen, after Paul Allen acquired it, he and his museum personnel never got around to actually putting it in a real, permanent paint scheme until years later and the paint scheme you see on it now, as (Washington native) AVG pilot Robert Neale's aircraft.

Hi
    gray eagle

I have installed the P40 into Prepar3D v3.4 and Prepar3D v4.5....all I did was insert FSX.exe along Prepar3D exe v3.4 in the main folder.

sidler

Quote Originally Posted by sidler View Post
    Hi
    gray eagle

I have installed the P40 into Prepar3D v3.4 and Prepar3D v4.5....all I did was insert FSX.exe along Prepar3D exe v3.4 in the main folder.

sidler
    HI,
    I too have the P40 installed into P3D V3 as there is a FSX.exe in the main P3D folder. Only issue I have it when I install accusim, the engine will not start, but, I do have the cockpit
    sounds that accusim provides, switches, primer noises et all. I also had the accusim updater do its thing as well. I had to remove the accusim so that I could start the engine successfully
    but at a cost of no cockpit sounds that accusim provides.

When I go to the A2A forum about this, I am told (Lewis) that this wasn't designed for P3D V3 - only for FSX or P3D V4 - so I am in the middle of two supported sims or versions.
    I don't know if you have the same issues as I have described but would be curious to know.

I originally tried creating a dummy folder with fsx.exe in it and the core and accusim would install there and then I would cut/paste the appropriate folders over to P3D where they belong.
    Same issues that way as the the direct install to P3D V3.

Take care

Butch

Members who have read this thread: 1