Cntrl/E pilots please read...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cntrl/E pilots please read...

Cntrl/E pilots please read...

As we move inexorably toward a new and exciting phase in flight simulation, we, at Aeroplane Heaven, have been thinking hard about how we can continue to have a presence for our brand on “older” platforms like FSX. More importantly, how we can continue to supply and support our loyal and valued customer base, especially in FSX.

We have understood for some time now that there is a sizeable core of flight simulation enthusiasts who feel that they have no need for complex add-ons requiring extensive learning curves just to go flying. Also, an awful lot of people no longer have the budget to pay for this complexity with the ever- escalating prices being asked for such productions.

So, how can we continue to deliver high-quality productions for this sector of the market alongside our continuing schedule of product development and release?

We are very excited to announce a totally new concept in flight simulation:

Ctrl/Ezy (Control Easy) has been designed to deliver the very same type of high fidelity, high quality product you will find in our regular releases but with some major differences. And because the production timelines for these models are much shorter, we will be able to make more, faster.
    The exterior models are produced with exactly the same levels of authentic detail and finish you will find in our “front-line” products.

Each model will have a fully rendered virtual cockpit (in PBR for P3DV4.5) but created with a significant difference.

The cockpits of Ctrl/Ezy models will be driven entirely by stock keystrokes without the need for special coding. Cockpits will not need multiple clickable objects – instead, letting your programmed sticks and quadrant hardware do the heavy lifting!

Think of the old days of FS when 2D panels were the order of the day. Transpose that concept into 3D and you will have a basic understanding of what a Ctrl/Ezy cockpit is all about.

So, now you can enjoy your favourite aeroplane subject to the full, explore the subtle detailing and beautiful finishes of the model and experience the simple joy of jumping into the cockpit and just going flying. No complicated start procedures, no lengthy learning curves and best of all, school’s out -no hefty manuals to study!

Flight dynamics, sounds and effects will be the same as you find in our regular releases – all authored with the utmost authenticity.

Ctrl/Ezy will be produced for FSX and P3D and P3D models will have full PBR materials and textures inside and out.

All Ctrl/Ezy products will have just one single price -$19.95.

It doesn’t matter if it’s a four-engined airliner or a single-engined light aircraft or fighter. The price stays the same.

FSX will cost the same as P3D.

In order to keep things simple, we will have a dedicated Control Easy website where you will be able to purchase all our Ctrl/Ezy products and check for details of upcoming productions, upgrades etc.

The first aircraft in the Ctrl/Ezy lineup is the Argentinian FMA IA58 PUCARA.

A twin turbo-prop fighter/bomber. Made famous for its role in the Falklands Conflict of the early 80’s, many are still flying today. The design is very “fighter-jet” with a twin-seat cockpit and a varied load-out.

Available for FSX or P3D, it is due for release very soon.

The P3D version (for P3DV4.5) will have full PBR materials and textures and both have incredibly high levels of detail and finish.

We very much hope people will enjoy the concept of Ctrl/Ezy and see in it a way to continue to extend their hobby the way they like it.

As developers we are excited to have an opportunity to bring diversity back and keep FSX in the Flight Simulation picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ce_puc_003.jpg   ce_puc_002.jpg   ce_puc_001.jpg   Logo_100.jpg  

You know, I like both simple and "some" in depth models. But the idea that this will allow us to have a lot more planes is what makes me most excited. Hopefully, somewhere down the line, you will have a Martin B-10 in this market line.

Having said, that I'm excited for the Pucara. Of course, I just finished flying around South America. It looks like I'll be heading back soon. Great choice Baz!

Ken

I love this, Baz! I do enjoy study planes, because it's an interesting challenge to learn to really operate them, but I don't need every plane to be a study plane. And I'd love the opportunity to explore more planes, see what it's like to scream over hills low in a Pucara!

Let me tell you, on my T-34B and F-15D flights, engine startup and fuel management were NOT the fun and exciting parts.

I used to love the FS9-era Alphasim planes, because even though they had simple cockpits and light systems, they were inexpensive and I got to fly planes like Sepecat Jaguars and F4D Skyrays and F3H Demons that could likely never justify a study sim. So hoping this series takes off (sorry) and you'll be able to put your amazing talents to work on some more old warbirds.

And at $19.95, it becomes an impulse purchase. I never knew I wanted a Pucara, but for the price of McDonald's with my teenager, I'd love to give one a try. Plus, we're not allowed to go to McDonald's anymore.

Blog Entries
    Funny, I could have sworn the Pucara had turboprops, not RR Derwents.

Seriously, though, I welcome it. As was said by other posters, I'm happy to dive deep for some aircraft, but a few light ones are good too. Especially if they're off the beaten path, which invariably most of my favourites are.

Hope some Cold War "weirdos" get some consideration - I'd give my left something or other for an FJ-4 or an old U-2. A spruced-up F4D would be lovely too.

Anyway - good on you for a new (old fashioned?) track to some of the finer days of sim periods past.

Look forward to seeing followup projects.

dl

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

...missing for long time

Good news ...

I´am curious about this Argentinian Pucara bird...

RS

Great initiative Barry!

Cees

Out-Bloody-Standing!!!!!!

Re that 'Argentinian Pucara bird...'
    Back when COIN aircraft were fashionable the Argies built this rather tidy twin turboprop package.
    Quite a respectable performance and payload for the price but nothing to be outstanding, except perhaps for its nice lines.
    IIRC the bulk of the Pucaras stationed in and around the Falklands fell victim to SAS raids or air strikes, while a couple ended up at the RAE.
    Nice looking aircraft and one that I welcome into the virtual skies.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Congrats, great brand name and great concept! For some unfathomable reason I would have preferred 'Control' to be abbreviated as 'Ctrl', not 'Cntrl', but no matter.

How about an upgrade path for those who, after trying the Ctrl model, would like to get the full version after all?

I think you're right on the brand. We may make the change before things go "real".
    As to upgrades, it is partly why we came up with the concept. If there is sufficient interest in a subject we may produce it as a "full" release. CtrlEzy is a good way for us to test the market with a subject at much lower risk.

Icon26

The way I use/fly FSX, running external addons while flying, like FSX@War and FSCAI, plus
    AI traffic, simulating combat/military scenarios in FS, this choice of your's is most welcome.
    For such flying, cpu/gpu "hungry" planes are not suitable. "Less is more" in this case.

I expect more & more simmers will utilize FS for combat simulation flying in near future,
    as programms like FSCAI will become even more efficient and complete.

So my only request (apart of a new F-5 & Mirage F-1C... ) would be to consider of
    modelling planes with external droppable ordnance (bombs, individual rockets, tanks, missiles),
    selection/changing of these weapons visuals to be associated with the payload changes, as user
    can change payload before flying (Aircraft.cfg defined).
    This is almost the half+ of the work a plane needs to be properly Tacpacked by end users themselves.
    Please consider that there is a small but significant in size "community" that buy planes for FS
    having that in mind (using with Tacpack).
    My Military Flight Videos :

I think it is a great idea! Back to when we could kick the tyres, light the fires and off into the wide blue yonder!

I like the idea, Baz, and wish you well with it!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I agree with Manfred. Two versions of the aircraft would be the Cat's Meow for consumers and may be another revenue stream for you guys.

Great idea! I vote YES! NC

Sounds like a good idea to me. I like having clickable switches in my vintage types where there aren't many more than fuel, mixture and mags anyway, but not with anything much more complex.

I agree about the name - CTRL+E is something reassuringly familar already.

ATB, as one of our old friends would have said.

David
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

I like it. Count me in.

These days I struggle to find sim time, but when I do I find myself flying older releases and using the keyboard shortcuts a lot. Once in a while I flying "by the book" just to see if I remember how to start the aircraft and manage various systems, but not often.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Like most very good decisions, arrived at to fulfill more than one identified need or purpose. An excellent idea. I'm an adherent, will be looking for the Pucara!

Thanks to you and yours, Mr. Baz!

Just SUPER, Baz ! I'm looking forward to whatever you put forth.

Now were cooking with gas , bring it on Baz !!

BRILLIANT idea!! Applause!!

Priller

Oh, and the choice of the Pucara is equally brilliant!

Blog Entries
    Absolutely brilliant marketing strategy. I like a study level plane as much as anyone else, but the bulk of my flying would fall into the Ctrl+E category. How many times have I spent an hour setting up a flight with live weather, flight bag, check lists and the rest, only to get borked by some sim anomaly or other unforeseen interruption. Too many....

An attractive, affordable and relaxing model with PBR is an option I will purchase every time. Kudos.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Simplified operations and beautiful rendering sounds good to me. Love the pricing as well.

This is Exciting!!! Can't wait to see what ends up coming off your Drawing Boards!!

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I love this, Baz! I do enjoy study planes, because it's an interesting challenge to learn to really operate them, but I don't need every plane to be a study plane. And I'd love the opportunity to explore more planes, see what it's like to scream over hills low in a Pucara!

Let me tell you, on my T-34B and F-15D flights, engine startup and fuel management were NOT the fun and exciting parts.

I used to love the FS9-era Alphasim planes, because even though they had simple cockpits and light systems, they were inexpensive and I got to fly planes like Sepecat Jaguars and F4D Skyrays and F3H Demons that could likely never justify a study sim. So hoping this series takes off (sorry) and you'll be able to put your amazing talents to work on some more old warbirds.

And at $19.95, it becomes an impulse purchase. I never knew I wanted a Pucara, but for the price of McDonald's with my teenager, I'd love to give one a try. Plus, we're not allowed to go to McDonald's anymore.
    I agree with this! Could a simplified Caravelle be requested. I was really waiting for that one and was disappointed when announced it was P3D only. Which I still may get into one day in which case the Caravelle is a frontline buy along with JF's 747 classic. Not that I'm an airliner guy, I normally go for prop and jet warbirds but I do like vintage stuff and airliners with pure turbojets are scarce nowadays! (Oh, Convair 880/990 while I'm wishing!)

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    I think you're right on the brand. We may make the change before things go "real".
    As to upgrades, it is partly why we came up with the concept. If there is sufficient interest in a subject we may produce it as a "full" release. CtrlEzy is a good way for us to test the market with a subject at much lower risk.
    After buying your other products I'll risk my wallet on the Pacura. A nice fit with Piglet's Bronco and Mohawk! If it doesn't include a loadout editor would we be able to remove stores on a weight condition through the FSX fuel/loadout screen?

Members who have read this thread: 1