Cntrl/E pilots please read... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cntrl/E pilots please read...

I think I'll have to wait and see just how much the VC is "cut down". I don't mind default systems etc, but a reasonably good VC is important to me being mainly a VR flyer.

Hi Bazzar,

As a VR pilot, operating complex aircraft is difficult so its about the feeling of being in, rather than operating, the aircraft. So from that point your concept is right up my street.

What I look for is an aircraft that behaves as I expect it to, through the flight envelope.

Limited resolution means that detail does not need to be as extreme and is generally wasted on me anyway.

But, as I enjoy doing display flying, looking over my shoulder when repositioning is normal. This doesn't mean I need the detail, just the feeling of enclosure.

Perhaps some of the extreme detailing around the airframe could be simplified to provide a full bucket cockpit? Aft of the throttles doesn't need much detail as I don't look down there, and behind the seat can be blanked. The seat itself doesn't need detail, just to be in the correct place so that I can get the correct datum point for my head.

Just my opinion, but don't understand why the modelling has become so detailed. While it is incredible and admirable to look at, isn't flight simulation about flying the aircraft rather than looking down their air intakes and in the gear bays? Not criticizing the people who enjoy this but it adds pressure on developers and increases development time immensely. I'd rather be in the cockpit sooner for less money.

Kind regards

Andy

For years now wanted something like this and posting about it...GREAT NEWS and yes Bazzar, thanks. Have no need at all for complex, expensive products.
    Great...

Hi Andy,

ctrl/Ezy is designed for a specific purpose and a certain segment of the simulation community. I am more than certain that as a concept, it will polarise people but I am not concerned over that.

Think of it another way... if you enjoy plastic models and only like say, 1:24 scale, the chances are you will not be that interested in building in 1:72. That's your bag (sic) and nobody is going to change that.

If people like or prefer more of whatever turns them on but can't find it in a ctrl/Ezy product, never mind. There are plenty of alternatives out there to suit them better. We're not going to be hurt or worried.

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post

Seems like there is a misconception here.
    This is not a 2d panel. It is not a bmp. It is the vc. you can pan at the most 75 degrees either side of straight ahead. I think a youtube video will help this but at present we are still finishing up the exterior.
    I think that's an excellent idea and will clear up the "look straight ahead, don't use VR, Trackir", nothing to see, ". . . .and just cover the forward view to around 60-75 degrees either side" conundrum. . .those two statements are conflicting and simply muddy the water. So a quick video (we don't need a slick production with music and dancing girls, lol. . .just a 15 or 20 second sampling is sufficient) to show what we can or cannot see will answer everyone's questions about what to expect.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I think it is a brilliant concept, and I will most certainly try the Pucara.
    In the past I have actually deleted aircraft because they would not start with ctrlE, just saying...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Think of it another way... if you enjoy plastic models and only like say, 1:24 scale, the chances are you will not be that interested in building in 1:72. That's your bag (sic) and nobody is going to change that.
    Have you been listening in on the hobby club I belong to? It sounds like you have LOL. Our quarter scale guys are die hard about their scale. I, on the other hand, have limited space. So I'm 1/32 on the WWI planes (Wingnut Wings!) 1/48 on the WW2 stuff, unless it's the big bombers, and 1/72 on the modern jets. Those kits all fit in approximately the same space. I do make exceptions though, on price deals (1/32 Hasegawa Shoki for $20USD)[<= a good subject for Ctrl-Ezy, think of all the paint schemes! And the Ki-61/Ki-100 too] and the 1/32 Zoukei Mura Ta-152H, because it's an excellent Ta-152H kit. If I had known that was going to be released in 1/48, I would have waited. Just saying.

SOH-CM-2022
    I think it is a great idea as well. I'm definitely a Ctrl-E guy and spend most of my flight time outside the aircraft gawking at the scenery.

The Pucara isn't my personal cup of tea but I can't wait to see what else pops down the pipe.

Gavin

The VC as it has been more clearly explained will not hinder my support for this new concept / product line. I'm just trying to squeeze the life out of my FSX Steam install for another year or two, along with an ever declining hobby related budget.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Icon23

Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    The VC as it has been more clearly explained will not hinder my support for this new concept / product line. I'm just trying to squeeze the life out of my FSX Steam install for another year or two, along with an ever declining hobby related budget.

Tommy
    This. Tommy is the exact target market we're aiming for.

VR wise ctrl ezy wont be the product for you. The cutoff view angle is a bit like this. Accurate cockpit front from 0 -> 10 degrees either side of front then generic cockpit ( check fb for a shot of that ) from 10 degrees -> 70 degrees either side of front. After that... wild open expanse!

Ctrl -ezy whilst built for " " look straight ahead, don't use VR, Trackir", nothing to see, ". . . . " can be panned around but only up to a certain point and VR wise I expect it to be too jarring. Side note I'm one of those types that gets sick with VR so even if I could afford it I cant test it!

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    This. Tommy is the exact target market we're aiming for.

VR wise ctrl ezy wont be the product for you.

Actually, VR wise ctrl ezy WILL be the product for me! I'm fine with it.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Tommy
    Agreed, Actually no reason that Trackir or VR couldn't be used. I have a lot of freeware airplanes that have nothing more than eye-candy once I look away from the main panel. . . . .components on the side consoles are nothing more than nice art. . .doesn't concern me at all. If I can view 60 to 70 degrees from center that's plenty.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Plenty for sure .... It's $20 people !

Tommy

Sorry Tommy the VR comment wasnt meant for you forgot to put a To All: on the VR part. Your initial comment is almost word for word what the boys here at AH were saying.

To all

I dont know about VR Personally I wouldnt like to be whipping around 70 degrees and suddenly see absolutely nothing. That would drop me out of the immersion pretty quickly.

We have made a locked off camera view. It is in the CFG and you can disable it but it perfectly mirrors what a 2d panel used to do, the older simmers will know what this was. But since the Sim defaults to the VC if you dont want to use it then you never need to. and of course you can delete it if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I think it is a brilliant concept, and I will most certainly try the Pucara.
    In the past I have actually deleted aircraft because they would not start with ctrlE, just saying...
    Couldn't agree with you more.

And in these times of soaring prices for addon aircraft, this price range is a good idea. Especially since this hobby has a large user base on a fixed income/pension.

I think this initiative is very commendable!

Priller

It is a really good idea and one I certainly welcome.
    Like Jan I've several brilliant subjects that are either too hard start or take more starting time than flying time.
    While I certainly acknowledge the depth and detail of certain subjects available, to a simple suck like me, I just want to go flying.
    Looking forward to the upcoming projects Baz!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0