Alphasim C-141A Starlifter (FSX).zip

Thread: Alphasim C-141A Starlifter (FSX).zip

Alphasim C-141A Starlifter (FSX).zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military Jets

Description: This is the freeware Alphasim C-141 converted to FSX Native. My focus was on the virtual cockpit as they had done a pretty nice job with the exterior model. I used the Alphasim C-5 VC as a base to start with and added several new VC sections. I have done two different models, one with the CIVA INS and another with FMC.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Alphasim C-141A Starlifter (FSX).zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Now where'd I put that white cane with the red tip? Might be tough to fly like this. They started out clear until all of the cockpit textures appeared.
    Very odd since I have the C-5 and it looks good. Only difference is the C-5 uses .bmp instead of .dds. No difference when looking at them with DTXBMP.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windows.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	74665
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Not sure, they look fine on my sim.

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    Not sure, they look fine on my sim.
    OK, will give it another try and choose a different one!

All show the same! Here is my C-5 cockpit.

Name:	Lockheed C-5 Galaxy.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	74676
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Glass is fixed and v1.1 uploaded. The C-5 used a moving rain texture that FSX didn't like but P3Dv4 didn't mind. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    Glass is fixed and v1.1 uploaded. The C-5 used a moving rain texture that FSX didn't like but P3Dv4 didn't mind. Go figure.
    Outstanding! Will give 'er another go! You now qualify for a raise outta petty cash!

It's now working fine! Doing my first short instructional flight from Carswell,Tx to Elemdorf,Alaska.

Name:	starlifter.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	74691

A friend and I, during a break loading our vans for going back to the US from Iwakuni, were looking around the upper deck, when the crew chief came in. We pointed to what looked like a submarine's hatch in the rear, and asked him where it went. He didn't know, so he went to it and opened it up. Nothing but a ladder, and enough room to climb it. So, we started climbing. We finally popped out on top of the tail.
    Great place to sit, or lay, and look up at the stars, or down at the work going on below you. We stayed there until everything was all done, and all persons we secured to barracks. Climbed down, and ambled out like we'd been there the whole time, and just took a little break for a tour

Really handy, especially if you find a cool crew chief to let you in
    Still, great looking plane! Thanks for the good memories.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

PhantomTweak, I love the C-141. It brings back so many good memories of when I was stationed at NAS Adak. If I wasn't flying a Reeves L-188 back and forth to Elmendorf, it was a C-141 or a C-130. I was too young then to realize how good those times were.

Excellent job..The 141 whine is great. The beast flies very well as expected for a heavy bird. After a few false steps, (didn't see the earlier posts of being blind in VC) I reloaded v 1.1 and all is better. Question... why doesn't the 2D show even though the panel config seems like there would be one?. An outstanding plane... and I, too, was stationed @EDF for six years bringing in the F-15s. Thank you for a great airplane that I'll fly for many hours...Terry

Members who have read this thread: 2