FSX windows 10 gauges not showing in VC

Thread: FSX windows 10 gauges not showing in VC

FSX windows 10 gauges not showing in VC

I have a problem with some/most of the gauges in the VC of captain sim's aircraft, except for c-130(its Okay), not showing in the VC. I reinstalled all the aircraft, several times....... After I first installed them they worked good, then all stopped showing there gauges. The aircraft worked, wheels were there and all?? This also happens with other freeware aircraft, not all but some.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSimmer2016 View Post
    I have a problem with some/most of the gauges in the VC of captain sim's aircraft, except for c-130(its Okay), not showing in the VC. I reinstalled all the aircraft, several times....... After I first installed them they worked good, then all stopped showing there gauges. The aircraft worked, wheels were there and all?? This also happens with other freeware aircraft, not all but some.
    Are they (gauges) installed in the right place? Are they aliased from another plane?

They are gauges that came with the aircraft in all cases and in most cases are in the panel folders. All these planes were working just fine then BOOOOOOOOm - Gone.

What antivirus do you use?

Priller

I have Norton. I also use IObit system software to keep my software update.

If you have DX10 Preview activated, turn it off.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

After some recent updates to Windows 10, I've had to apply 'Compatibility Mode - Windows 7' to FSX and a couple of add-ons to get them fully working again. They would start OK, but part-way through a flight some of the add-on's functions inexplicably stopped working. Setting the compatibility mode to Windows 7 fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSimmer2016 View Post
    I have Norton. I also use IObit system software to keep my software update.
    Did you look to see if Norton quarantined any files from the sim? My anti-virus has allowed me to restore the files then exclude them from future scans.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    After some recent updates to Windows 10, I've had to apply 'Compatibility Mode - Windows 7' to FSX and a couple of add-ons to get them fully working again. They would start OK, but part-way through a flight some of the add-on's functions inexplicably stopped working. Setting the compatibility mode to Windows 7 fixed it.
    Fancy seeing you over here, Tim Very boring over at the other site!

OP: any pics to show of the missing gauges? Are they just black holes?

Charlie
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I checked Norton, all seems okay there. I will try "7" compatability. And the gauges are all black holes with a few working and a few with only parts showing. The aircraft functions okay just most gauges missing.

Windows 7 compatability did not work.........................

Try this simple trick. Go to the folder (while FSX NOT running)

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Rename there the file FSX.cfg to anything for ex. FSX.cfg.OLD

Run FSX. It creates a new clean FSX.cfg.

Start a flight with some of the problem airplanes and accept all gauges of the plane before the plane loads. You have to do this once again for every other airplanes you fly.

Perhaps you should contact Captain Sim's support.

Every addon you buy from them makes Captain_Sim folder under FSX folder (if not yet there). There is an Internet shortcut to CS's Customer support pages.

Just Incase anyone is interested I fixed the problem of gauges not showing at least for now.

I uninstalled FSX and all its addons. Then reinstalled "repaired" Windows 10 (by way of USB stick download from MS). After that I did some registry scans several times and with different scanners. Then reinstall fsx Deluxe that went okay except it did not ask for the a key to run FSX. To me that indicated there were still some leftover FSX stuff in the registry. Then I tried to reinstall acceleration but it would have nothing to do with my efforts. Would not even let me know why it didn't want load. It would just show the getting ready to install first notice only for a split second and disappear, Poof, it's gone! So I install SP1 and SP2 programs downloaded from microsoft and all went well. Reinstall SDK form Acceleration disk after meeting all quirky needs? So far FSX is running well and CS Boeing 737-200 is up and running with all gauges showing and working. That is the only third party aircraft i've reloaded so far. Starting slow with all adding addons and hardware (Joy Sticks etc) to see if any cause a change in behavior. Going to take a while. Took about a week to accomplish all where I am now.

David

Members who have read this thread: 0