RFN Crusader Auto Pilot Issue

Thread: RFN Crusader Auto Pilot Issue

RFN Crusader Auto Pilot Issue

Awesome job on this by the RFN team - thanks again all!

I have and think maybe others are having an issue getting the autopilot to engage. Be interested to hear back and see if this is isolated to the P3D 64 bit format.

Discussion on this (FSX forum) here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1213257
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Awesome job on this by the RFN team - thanks again all!

I have and think maybe others are having an issue getting the autopilot to engage. Be interested to hear back and see if this is isolated to the P3D 64 bit format.

Discussion on this (FSX forum) here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1213257
    I just posted over there. Mine is working as advertised. P3Dv4.5.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Spent a good hour working with it last night in P3D v4.5 and FSX-SE for an update to the checklist and ref notes. No issues at all.

On left front console.
    - Flip the "Normal" switch.
    - Tap the brakes (trigger), engaged light comes on.
    - Lift the guard and flip switch to capture current heading and enable steering using Bank Control.
    Move to right console.
    - Flip switch to capture current Altitude and light comes on.
    - Steer with the Bank Control knob.

The thing to remember is that this is a military AP, not a civilian. It captures the current situation (altitude or heading basically) so the pilot can work on something else.
    No pre-programming target altitude or rate of climb/descent.

Once you don't have to worry about flying into the ground you can get inside the cockpit and start playing with the radar.

On left front console.
    - Flip the "Normal" switch.
    - Tap the brakes (trigger), engaged light comes on.
    - Lift the guard and flip switch to capture current heading and enable steering using Bank Control.
    Move to right console.
    - Flip switch to capture current Altitude and light comes on.
    - Steer with the Bank Control knob.

The thing to remember is that this is a military AP, not a civilian. It captures the current situation (altitude or heading basically) so the pilot can work on something else.
    No pre-programming target altitude or rate of climb/descent.

Once you don't have to worry about flying into the ground you can get inside the cockpit and start playing with the radar.
    Copy all that Frank , thanks. Same deal as in the SWS F-4. Problem is something with my system is causing the aircraft software to fight the brake trigger command to activate the AP after flipping the arming switch.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Copy all that Frank , thanks. Same deal as in the SWS F-4. Problem is something with my system is causing the aircraft software to fight the brake trigger command to activate the AP after flipping the arming switch.
    Try using the "z" key instead of the brake. That is what I was using, as I don't have my brakes mapped to the "." key. Have rudder pedals with brake axis.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

You might also just try the trigger on your joystick. it is usually mapped to the brakes. That's working perfect for me.

Members who have read this thread: 0