Best Flying GA Aircraft

Thread: Best Flying GA Aircraft

SOH-CM-2023

Best Flying GA Aircraft

Hi All,

Im looking for the most accurate flying GA aircraft, payware or freeware. I prefer something that is rudder heavy, meaning I want to have to fly the thing with the rudder to make it turn correctly. if it has the engine in the back, so much the better, but I am looking for accurate flying dynamics in a GA bird.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
    Sean

You could not do better than to try A2A.

All of their aircraft are brilliant so much so that the Mustang which was a very twitchy aircraft to fly is faithfully replicated and confirmed by people lauding it after mastering it and a few others asking for a refund because they say it is unflyable hehe.

Give them a go.You could start with the T6 which is forgiving and beautiful to fly.

Here is a link https://a2asimulations.com/

Cheers Chris

What he said. You can't go wrong with anything by A2A. Take the time to read the posts in their forums. There's a level of realism and commitment almost unparalleled in the sim world.

A2A make great products for FSX and P3D but this is the FS2004 (FS9) forum and the Accusim products hinted at are not available for the senior sim.
    Larry

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    A2A make great products for FSX and P3D but this is the FS2004 (FS9) forum and the Accusim products hinted at are not available for the senior sim.
    A2A makes some fine fs9 aircraft but none are General Aviation aircraft. Any other suggestions? I have most of the Caranado planes and they fly pretty well but I was hoping for something that is lighter and flys closer to real life.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    Hi All,

Im looking for the most accurate flying GA aircraft, payware or freeware. I prefer something that is rudder heavy, meaning I want to have to fly the thing with the rudder to make it turn correctly. if it has the engine in the back, so much the better, but I am looking for accurate flying dynamics in a GA bird.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
    Sean
    If you're not looking for Modern tin, then Nigels Avro.
    'Cos that's how Magoo, Molyned and I made it fly.

Or...

Bill Lyons Quad City Challenger, Rick Pipers Aeroprakt A-22 Foxbat

Or.... Samdim Avions Mudry CAP10, and the Jodel D112
    from here ----->

http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.ph...tconfig=0&id=1

Ttfn

Pete
    Last edited by Motormouse; March 16th, 2020 at 14:03.

I'd recommend Real Air if you can get hold of them, probably second hand on disc only these days.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/American-Ch...84EC170787D414

I'd also recommend their Sf.260 if you can find it. It was included free with the disc version of Lago's Rome scenery.

If you want to try their work they did a rework of the stock Cessna 172 flightmodel that you can find for free on the big sites.

Jamie

Side-slips in fs2004

I agree, RealAir did some really accurate flt models for the stock Cessna and the SIAI 260 and their excellent Spitfire.

These are the a/c to learn and hone your X wind landings. Side-slipping their Spit XIV into a short field in a gusty X wind is very satisfying for the ego.

I found that while the early A2A a/c for FS9 accurately reflected piston engine performance for the type within its performance parameters at various heights, it seemed to lack the responsive handling when flying a RealAir flt model and A2A did not manage to achieve the side-slip. I cannot comment on their later AccuSim products as I never moved on from FS2004.
    Mal

One aircraft I always liked very much was the Beechcraft Twin Bonanza by Eric Dantes . I have never sat in one in real life, but I had the feeling it could be quite realistic . (Its my personal opinion based on nothing)

My favourite livery was the L'Air Azur livery by Jens Erik Schreiber.

Both files are available at flightsim.com.

Cheers,
    Huub

RealAir is the real deal for me.

One of the first payware AC for my FSX I downloaded was the Duke B60, and I never looked back. Very nice flight model, easy to use gauges, and a sound and effects package which rivals the best in the business. Few AC out there actually provide VC shake effects on engine startup, gauge needle vibration effects on takeoff rolls, VC sound effects for flap retraction, touchdown tire screech, flap extension sounds, brake squeals ....... the list goes on and on. I added A2A's AccuFeel to it as well for further enhancements. Been with FSX since it was introduced, and always keep coming back to my RealAir birds.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Guys this is a fs2002/2004 section, no point in recommending airplanes for fsx/p3d

I'm surprised these ones didn't came along......

The stunning freeware models by Long Island Classics (Kevin Lechmanski and Dan Hufford).

Cheers,
    Huub

Or Mikko Malineimi (spelling?)
    little Maule, but Sean wanted something
    that needed more rudder input to turn,
    and the Maule is based on stock 172 flight model.

Ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0