Blackburn Skua

Thread: Blackburn Skua

Blackburn Skua

New in today at Flightsim.com by Dave Molyneux. Just downloaded and tried out, highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    New in today at Flightsim.com by Dave Molyneux. Just downloaded and tried out, highly recommended.
    How does it compare to the one by Jed Marsh?

https://simviation.com/1/browse-Vint...rk=50026#50026

Ttfn

Pete

Excellent! Happy to have it!
    Thanks Dave!

Pete, I have Jed Marsh's Skua but like so very many planes I have, I've never flown it. Too busy fiddling with planes and scenery and stuff to actually fly much. I'm trying to turn that around, but ideas and projects keep popping up...

I noticed that the Marsh model has three pre-WW2 liveries from the late 1930s, when Fleet Air Arm planes were silver with colorful unit markings. The
    Dave Molyneux one comes dressed in wartime camouflage. I should fly them both some time from the old HMS Inscrutable in Scapa Flow that came with the Sea Hurricane model. One of these days...

Who ever does the model, and how good the model may be...... The Skua remains an ugly aircraft

David's model:

And the VC:

Jeff's model:

And the VC:

For me they are quite equal. Some small points are better in one model and some in the other. As said they are too close to make a choice, So I will do as Mick and keep both.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Who ever does the model, and how good the model may be...... The Skua remains an ugly aircraft

David's model:

And the VC:

Jeff's model:

And the VC:

For me they are quite equal. Some small points are better in one model and some in the other. As said they are too close to make a choice, So I will do as Mick and keep both.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Not as unfortunate looking as the P-75, but it does have the feel of a similar conglomeration of other aircraft parts. To me, the vertical tail looks like it came from DeHavilland. The rest doesn't look too bad. I think the square canopy and its almost bolt upright windscreen are the biggest aesthetic detriment. Sure flies fine though!

Members who have read this thread: 1