LM/CS KC-130J Conversion + Mods - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LM/CS KC-130J Conversion + Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph29 View Post
    I just installed this and everything is working just fine. But on both of the VMGR-352 paints you can see the tail number from one of the original C-130 paints. (look where the "QB" is)

Also is the
    illuminated propeller tips a real thing on a C-130? I don't think I ever seen that before.

That's an annoying P3D thing, it's not the repaints. In P3D you'll have to click the option "show tail number" off, that option is in the bottom right hand corner, and it will disappear. You can also remove the tail number in the aircraft.cfg as well.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Joseph29, I can' find any night pics or find the prop tip lights in the flight manual, but it would make sense as the Marines do that on MV-22 and retired CH-46.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch00 View Post
    That's an annoying P3D thing, it's not the repaints. In P3D you'll have to click the option "show tail number" off, that option is in the bottom right hand corner, and it will disappear. You can also remove the tail number in the aircraft.cfg as well.
    Thanks. I did not know that.

I don't believe they actually have it. Like you guys, I haven't seen the modification actually done. USAF is actually testing 8-blade props at this point so who knows. But I heard there was discussion of adding them at some point. But I added them as something different or in case they did end up adding it to later block upgrades to the J models. So, it's really just some creative "fictional" addition on my part. Which I should have specified as such. After I had spent some time messing with night lighting on them I added them after watching a lot of night MV-22 footage. After looking into it further none of them do have it, but it's also a modification I can honestly see being done to them, which is why I left it. People can obviously rename the night prop texture or modify it if it's something they don't like. Or would like it more to current specs.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Members who have read this thread: 2