KCFS Seabee Redux Version 2 is out!

Thread: KCFS Seabee Redux Version 2 is out!

KCFS Seabee Redux Version 2 is out!

Hello!
    Following the release of the Redux package for the payware FCFS Seabee 10 days ago, I have received feedback about a few errors and improvements ideas. The result is the Redux v2 which is already available at FlightSim, and anytime now at AvSim.

FlightSim : https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...ght&fid=208495
    Avsim :

So here are the new features :

- Gear and Flaps levers animations now match the markings on the floor, corrected tooltips
    - The G keystroke triggers the handpump just like a left-click on the handpump lever, so that gear and flaps actuation is possible without focusing on the lever
    - The standard events triggered by the keystrokes G (toggle landing gear), F5, F6, F7 and F8 (full or incremented lowering or raising of flaps) are disabled. Please use the reallife procedure explained below.
    - Documentation of the deletion of the passenger model
    - Visual improvement of the radio background texture to match the panel overall style.
    - Hand pump and gear locking sounds toned down a bit...
    - Aircraft data updated in aircraft.cfg : empty weight corrected to 2190lb and rendering of the lack of aileron and rudder trim (aileron_trim_effectiveness and rudder_trim_effectiveness changed from 1.0 to 0.0 in [flight_tuning] section), no more autopilot
    - Generator is now synced to the battery switch to avoid battery depletion
    - The "Gyro Drift Adjust" tooltip gives the needle position in deg
    - The Kohlsman tooltip gives the setting in both inHg and hPa

All other improvements and fixes from v1 are retained of course :
    - corrected throttle, mixture and pitch levers' animation
    - vintage radio set replaced by Jon Dyer's KY196A and KT70 with 3D models in the VC
    GPS295 added in the VC; consistency of switches positions and actions
    - flaps and landing gear actuations much more realistic now
    Reminder : as stated in the README file, XMLTools (available at FSDeveloper) is required for proper landing gear animation and radio freq storage.
    Bonus livery of OH-EGA is included (real life Finnish Seabee now at display at Lusto, the Finnish Forest Museum in PunkaHarju).

I don't own P3Dv4, but I have added instructions and files that SHOULD make the avionics click sounds play in this sim. No warranty about that though, feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks to Kevin from KCFS for allowing me to release modified MDL files, Jon Dyer for the avionics gauges, David W for the GSP295 model, JanKees for the livery template, modelr, Yoyo and altack for their feedback!
    Hope you like it!

PS : I would have used the v1 thread if I could have edited the thread's title and first post.

Ok, thank You.

However I noticed this violet part on old radio now (on 3D model, top part, violet line):

and I have still this issue in P3Dv4.5, gauge sound.

Regards!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Well well well... It seens that I forgot to paint a one-pixel-high strip when I retextured the RadioBackground.dds file.
    The radio box is much darker on my PC, so the purple tint was really faint.

Please drop the enclosed dds into your KC Flight Shop Seabee\Texture folder, and tell me how it goes (fixed it on my side).

RadioBackground.zip

About the sound gauge, I still don't understand what could be wrong. Since you do listen to the sounds, it mustn't be too severe.

Thanks for the prompt feedback anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekelekou View Post
    - Aircraft data updated in aircraft.cfg : empty weight corrected to 2190lb
    Thanx for the great update. I've put a lot of work into the FDE design, especially the stall/spin modelling and it's great to see that finally all these errors have been fixed!

FYI, the original 2350lbs are the RW values from a W&B sheet. 2190lbs is the rather optimistic theoretical value.

An optional patch for the Seabee Redux v2 is out!

It fixes the faint purple haze on the upper edge of the radio box, and adds custom keystrokes to F5-F6-F7-F8 keys for easier flaps and gear lever actuation.
    Hope you like it!

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.ph … fid=208551
    https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=216905

Members who have read this thread: 0