'Mission failed to load' on startup screen.

Thread: 'Mission failed to load' on startup screen.

Icon9 'Mission failed to load' on startup screen.

Well if not one issue; an other!
    I get this with a flickering screen when the 2nd splash screen comes up just prior to seeing the QC tabs. If I click 'OK' the tabs come up and I can flay QC or a mission. After exiting that, the normal QC UI and music comes up. Now I have fully deleted the App data for this install and re configured. I have deleted a mission I had been flying; althgough I can in fact still fly it once I'm passed that initial issue.

Ideas?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

That usually means CFS3 can't find the aircraft you last flew in QC. It has either been deleted or the name has changed. Click the OK button and go to the Aircraft menu to select another aircraft. It will boot up as normal then

Well, as I said I can fly both QC and missions, once I click OK on that mission file failed to load tab. Then, provided I stay in CFS3, I can fly or do any mission. Deleting the uisel file, or all the Appdate folder would have solved the problem you mentioned.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails miss fail load.jpg  

Have you done anything to the aircraft xdp file?

I've had this issue with a messed up xdp in the past.
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

I'll check that out and let you know. Tomorrow!

Icon26 Solved!

Well I'm not sure if changing aircraft xdp was responsible but it did give me ideas. Having moved out the content of the mission files and all likely offending aircraft, I found no change. I then decide to look at 2 things; the frontend.xml in the missions folder and the _mission.xml in the Appdata folder. I noted the relationship to them and my QC aircraft. I'm not sure exactly what I did but deleting the uisel.xml and then restarting; and then moving away from the old stock P47, checking what was in the other 2 mission related xml's and making sure there was some(??) convergence in the aircraft name(s) there, seem to fix it!

That's CFS3 for you James!
    Glad it's sorted.
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Members who have read this thread: 1