RFN F-8 Crusader is Out!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RFN F-8 Crusader is Out!!

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Am embarrassed to admit this, but I've been disappointed thinking there's no available USN carrier with F-8s on deck from which to fly - until I remembered the '65 USS Coral Sea cruise formation modelled by the great folks at SWS has VF-154 F-8s on deck! How could I forget? Hooray! No VF-154 repaint (yet), but who knows, that may change.

What I've not been able to to do is either launch or trap aboard the SWS boats - all my USN carrier work with this model has been off of Gaz's great CVT-16. Was hoping to fly in a more "operational" environment, so until he updates his long-awaited Essex SBC-125, I'll have to make do with what's available.

Has anyone succeeded in getting the SWS Coral Sea to play nice with the RFN F-8?

thanks in advance.

dl

Hmm, I smell a challenge!! NC Will give it a try later.....

What I've not been able to to do is either launch or trap aboard the SWS boats - all my USN carrier work with this model has been off of Gaz's great CVT-16. Was hoping to fly in a more "operational" environment, so until he updates his long-awaited Essex SBC-125, I'll have to make do with what's available.

Has anyone succeeded in getting the SWS Coral Sea to play nice with the RFN F-8?
    NO !!!!!!!!!!

Having exactly the same issue with the SWS Coral Sea. Been A - B testing this issue the past two days and sent a "ticket" (hate that system personally) to Alex about it. Wish they would bring back their forum so the communtiy could gang tackle these issues efficiently! I can trap and launch the RFN F-8 on Gaz's O Boat and other carriers. Can do the same with the SWS F-4, but the CV-43 that comes with the legacy F-4 doesn't work for me anymore for some unkown reason. My F-4 is installed the "outside" method - I normally install simobjects the old fashioned way so may that's the issue? The new PBR F-4 I am now using didn't ship with a new CV-43.

My NavAir wish list at the moment:

• Fix the SWS CV-43
    • A repaint pack (replacing the old one) for the new PBR SWS F-4 (didn't realise when I bought it last week the old paints won't work on the new plane - bummer)
    • Gaz to release his Essex class carriers so we can have a Hancock, Bonnie Dick, Tico, etc for the F-8
    • Find the source of the issue I alone seem to have activating the RFN autopilot

Over and out!
    expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

F8 Burner light sound

Listen For The Low Pass - Oil Cooler Door Open, Burner Lights Abeam

It's an F8 burner light on flyby, Sounds like a sonic boom

http://www.f8crusader.org/flyby.wav

A red nose for the Death Angels

An other work in progress for the RFN Crusader.
    A red nose for the Death Angels.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post
    An other work in progress for the RFN Crusader.
    A red nose for the Death Angels.
    Richard
    Very nice. Looking forward to it.

Blog Entries
    Love the weathering!

Look forward to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Love the weathering!

Look forward to this one.
    Thank you DL I hope to have the time to upload this texture and that of the red nose of the VF211 this weekend.
    Richard

WIP

A new wip VF84 - USS Independence
    Richard

Blog Entries
    Looks lovely Richard. VF-84 flew the C model, but nonetheless, I’m sure that paint will be popular here.

I’ve been really enjoying your weathered VMF-235 paint, btw. Many thanks for that.

Yes, I know, the VF84 used the C model, pointed nose and flat back.
    But as this version is not part of the models offered by RFN ..

Thank you for your kind words DL, weathering takes the longest time in a repaint.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    NO !!!!!!!!!!

Having exactly the same issue with the SWS Coral Sea. Been A - B testing this issue the past two days and sent a "ticket" (hate that system personally) to Alex about it.
    The issue is that the Crusader's tailhook is commented out in the aircraft.cfg. Also, it isn't calibrated with our system, so may not be able to catch a wire. Unfortunately the next patch is already packed and will be out soon, so we'll add the F-8 preset in the update after.

You can still create it yourselves using the ingame tool we are providing by going to Add-ons->SWS Carriers->Calibrate Aircraft->Tailhook/AoA Calibration.
    Last edited by SiR_RiPPER; May 2nd, 2020 at 03:15.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    The issue is that the Crusader's tailhook is commented out in the aircraft.cfg. Also, it isn't calibrated with our system, so may not be able to catch a wire. Unfortunately the next patch is already packed and will be out soon, so we'll add the F-8 preset in the update after.

You can still create it yourselves using the ingame tool we are providing by going to Add-ons->SWS Carriers->Calibrate Aircraft->Tailhook/AoA Calibration.
    Hi Alex,
    The tailhook positions is hard coded into the mdl, but SWS system to have these info available into the aircraft.cfg? I guess there's no impact to uncomment these lines...

We've just release v1.2 of our Crusader.
    In this version added Zuni capacities, sonic boom effect and sound and fixed the fuselage issue.
    Regarding impacts on textures, the main change is that I improved the pylon texture by adding some more specific details into Fuselage-T texture so if repainters want to I updated the paint kit too.

Regards,
    Sylvain
    http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia....ations.htm#Avi

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    Excellent news! Working on integrating the updates.

Another enthusiastic Crusader fan here, thank you for the update.
    Much appreciated!

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Hi Alex,
    The tailhook positions is hard coded into the mdl, but SWS system to have these info available into the aircraft.cfg? I guess there's no impact to uncomment these lines...

In this version added Zuni capacities, sonic boom effect and sound and fixed the fuselage issue.
    Regarding impacts on textures, the main change is that I improved the pylon texture by adding some more specific details into Fuselage-T texture so if repainters want to I updated the paint kit too.

Regards,
    Sylvain
    In step 4 of installation:
    4)Copy all .bmp files which are in _FSX_Effects/texture or _P3D_Effects/texture folder into your sim root Effects/texture folder or Prepar3D v4 Add-ons/Effects/texture folder (in case of P3D extra installation folder).

I did not see any texture files included. There are Effects but no textures.

Edit: I used the texture files from V1.1 and they seem to work okay.

Boom on

Thanks Sylvain

V1.2 with added effects. The sonic boom effects work great in P3D V4.5

Thank you for this upgrade and the paint kit Sylvain.
    Richard

Hi Alex,

Regards,
    Sylvain
    Hello Sylvain,

We have our own set of hook & launch bar attachpoints that are stored in a text file. CEX uses them to trap and launch and reverts to the cfg ones if they aren't found. Perhaps commenting out the cfg entries is what breaks it for us, but that will be arranged in the near future with an update from us.

I'll send you an e-mail with the presets file to check, as well as something else

Best,
    Alex

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Final tests to finalize this repaint.

A few screenshots from a formation flight off the coast of Japan. In my little group of friends, everyone who's flown the Crusader has fallen in love with it! Good on ya RFN!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flt3.jpg   flt2.jpg   flt1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by InDeepSchit View Post
    A few screenshots from a formation flight off the coast of Japan. In my little group of friends, everyone who's flown the Crusader has fallen in love with it! Good on ya RFN!

F-111...whose model? Thanks, NC

Can someone please tell me how to remove this canopy/windscreen "haze" that appears? Thanks, NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-5-6_22-3-58-807.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Can someone please tell me how to remove this canopy/windscreen "haze" that appears? Thanks, NC

You forgot to turn on de-fog. Air-conditioning panel, right side, just ahead of the lights, p15 of the manual.

Members who have read this thread: 1