Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RFN F-8 Crusader is Out!!

Work in progress VF-211 NP 100

A red nose for VF-211.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post
    Texture is finished. Upload soon.
    Richard

https://i.postimg.cc/VvdBXvzw/Capture.jpg

That looks to be VF-24 in the F-8J aircraft and markings of the early 70's - minus the red hockey stick that was painted on the tail when I was with them.
    When they flew F-8C's, the modex was in the 400 range. Will your VF-24 repaint work in P3D V3?

Nice paint job

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    That looks to be VF-24 in the F-8J aircraft and markings of the early 70's - minus the red hockey stick that was painted on the tail when I was with them.
    When they flew F-8C's, the modex was in the 400 range. Will your VF-24 repaint work in P3D V3?

Nice paint job
    Thank you for your testimony GE.
    I found many different markings for VF24 during its cruises include the one you're talking about.
    I didn't test my texture in P3D V3. But as there is only one paint kit for both versions P3D V4 and P3D V3, I suppose it should work with the latter.
    Richard

A red nose for VF-211.

My intention was to upload both textures (VF24 and VF211) at the same time. But due to the limitations of the paint kit, the VF211 version is on standby.
    The end of the infrared sensor should be white, not red. But the paint kit doesn't allow this. The paint kit applies the same color to the tip of the infrared sensor as to the nose of the aircraft.
    Contact made with RFN designers, a solution may be available soon.

So, I will upload only VF24 texture in the next days.
    Richard

My intention was to upload both textures (VF24 and VF211) at the same time. But due to the limitations of the paint kit, the VF211 version is on standby.
    The end of the infrared sensor should be white, not red. But the paint kit doesn't allow this. The paint kit applies the same color to the tip of the infrared sensor as to the nose of the aircraft.
    Contact made with RFN designers, a solution may be available soon.

So, I will upload only VF24 texture in the next days.
    Richard
    Thanks Richard for this one.

I had left VF-24 before they went to F8-J's in early '70's It works well in P3D V3.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Richard for this one.

I had left VF-24 before they went to F8-J's in early '70's It works well in P3D V3.

Nice repaint.

GE, is that the original included AB effect? It looks a bit different than mine. Looks really good, in fact.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Nice repaint.

GE, is that the original included AB effect? It looks a bit different than mine. Looks really good, in fact.

dl
    Thanks. Yes, it is the original effect.

You should have both afterburner and smoke effects. Look at your installation folders, there is an effect folder in, you just have to copy-paste its content into your flight sim Effects folder.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...sader-is-out!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks. Yes, it is the original effect.

You should have both afterburner and smoke effects. Look at your installation folders, there is an effect folder in, you just have to copy-paste its content into your flight sim Effects folder.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...sader-is-out!!
    Oh I have them working fine - it's just the flame looks a bit more subdued in the first shot I quoted than mine. Again, different systems, and settings etc. probably account for slight variations. Your second shot looks more like mine normally does. I just wondered if you had changed your effect.

Yeah - the smoke effect is something I really appreciated.

dl

RFN F-8 Autopilot

Anyone else except me still having issues activating the AP?

I only very infrequently get the AP to engage (the yellow light comes on) after pressing alternatively "Z" and "." keys - AP and brakes, and also the button on my X52 for brakes many dozens of times, but most flights I cannot get it to activate at all. I have tweaked my control settings but no luck. AP works fine on other a/c.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

There are two operations to do to activate the autopilot:

1 / on the left bank: switch to "on" then press the brakes. (the yellow lamp lights up)

2 / on the right bank, switch "altitude hold" to "engage". (the yellow lamp lights up)

Then you can use the "bank control" to turn

It is not an autopilot like on modern airplanes.

Yes, I understand that. In the rare times I have got through step 1) it works and is very straightforward.

The problem is almost always the yellow lamp does NOT light up after many, many times pressing the brakes. Once in a while entirely randomly it works and then I am in business. This is really perplexing why I have this issue and no one else seems to. I have done several fresh downloads and re-installs. This is my most used aircraft - it is work of art.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

OK,
    I don't know what can cause this malfunction in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Yes, I understand that. In the rare times I have got through step 1) it works and is very straightforward.

The problem is almost always the yellow lamp does NOT light up after many, many times pressing the brakes. Once in a while entirely randomly it works and then I am in business. This is really perplexing why I have this issue and no one else seems to. I have done several fresh downloads and re-installs. This is my most used aircraft - it is work of art.
    Do you use a joystick? If so the trigger is typically mapped to the brakes. When I enable the AP on this aircraft I just click the trigger once (maybe twice or for a long "burst") and it works every time.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks Frank. Yes, brakes mapped to the "." key and pinky trigger on the X52 stick. Both function. Really stumped on this.

Tried changing the keyboard - that was not it. Reverted to the default panel and air.cfg (had added the Oriskany deck pack by CIMOGT and fooled around with the AP entries).

I get nothing pressing the brake "." key or button. If I press on and off many times the Z key the yellow light flickers on and off and I can hear the "click" sound. Eventually I may get it to stay on and then it all works as advertised. Almost as if there is a command conflict somewhere or not enough electrical power to the activation circuit?

Hi expat
    Be sure your throttle is between 80 and 92%.

Didn't know that - thanks for the tip, will give it a try!

Hi,
    We've just released a new V1.1 version on our website!
    In this version we added 2 new versions (new external mdl only): F-8E (it still has BLC and double leading edge but it looks like a E...) and F-8P (the very last French version)

We added a configuration gauge too, which allows to start cold & dark, manage fuel and manage store configuration. Only fuselage pylons and missiles sor far but you can now have clean Crusader or dual pylons with 4 Sidewinders!
    Payload corresponding weight is also managed by the gauge but not yet drag. Note that should be compatible with Tacpack (look at the documentation for implementation detail)

We fixed few bugs and mapping issues, including the nose and IR sensor mapping issue.
    This is a full package which replaces the previous V1.0.

Here is the link tour our website : http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia....ations.htm#Avi

I hope it will meet your expectations?
    Regards,
    Sylvain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crusader_RFN6.jpg  

Thank you so much!! Un tout grand merci!!

Bien à toi,

Priller

Trés bon! Merci beaucoup
    Best regards, Manfred.

Repaints

Will the repaints for version 1 work with V1.1 ?

Thank you to all the RFN team for the new version. Thanks to this V1.1 I was able to finish my "Red nose" texture.
    Richard

First of a series I'm working on finishing up. I'm doing three schemes worn by F-8J's of VFP-63 during the 70s
    through early 80s at NAS Miramar (aka "Fightertown" at the time). This first one was the CO's ride in 1974.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFP-63.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Am embarrassed to admit this, but I've been disappointed thinking there's no available USN carrier with F-8s on deck from which to fly - until I remembered the '65 USS Coral Sea cruise formation modelled by the great folks at SWS has VF-154 F-8s on deck! How could I forget? Hooray! No VF-154 repaint (yet), but who knows, that may change.

What I've not been able to to do is either launch or trap aboard the SWS boats - all my USN carrier work with this model has been off of Gaz's great CVT-16. Was hoping to fly in a more "operational" environment, so until he updates his long-awaited Essex SBC-125, I'll have to make do with what's available.

Has anyone succeeded in getting the SWS Coral Sea to play nice with the RFN F-8?

thanks in advance.

dl

Members who have read this thread: 3