RFN F-8 Crusader is out!!
Page 1 of 25 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: RFN F-8 Crusader is out!!

RFN F-8 Crusader is out!!

Hi guys!
    The RFN Team is really proud to announce you that our Crusader is out!!
    After so many years, the project finally succeeds in releasing its 1st release with 2 Crusader's versions: F-8E(FN) and F-8J
    I hope you'll enjoy to fly this beatiful beast as much as we loved to work on this project.

Enjoy!!

http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia....ations.htm#Avi

Regards,
    S.

Downloading and getting ready to crash-test!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I see Sylvain's name is attached to it. If it's as good as the Etendard (which as been around a while and has aged very well) it will be quite a treat! Downloading now!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    I see Sylvain's name is attached to it. If it's as good as the Etendard (which as been around a while and has aged very well) it will be quite a treat! Downloading now!
    It is. It's a whole new level of freeware awesomeness.

Read the manual, esp WRT trim settings, BLC, and autopilot.

You're going to love it!

dl

Vf-211

Thanks to the RFN Team for this fantastic F8-E - The F8-E had wing hard points and as a result, could carry bombs under the wings.
    Sierra Hotel!!!!

Not sure if I copy the whole RFN Gauges to my Gauges folder or where to place them all.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Thanks to the RFN Team for this fantastic F8-E - The F8-E had wing hard points and as a result, could carry bombs under the wings.
    Sierra Hotel!!!!
    Not sure if I copy the whole RFN Gauges to my Gauges folder or where to place them all.
    Hi,
    Regarding wing hard point, in this 1st release we focused on the fighter Crusader, the bombs truck version is something different that need more work/discussions... and so more time.
    For the RFN Gauge, if you have other planes which use the RFN Gauge too so you should place the files into your Gauges folder.
    Regards,
    Sylvain

Punaise, deux heures et j'avais pas encore vu!

Many thanks Sylvain and RFN team, it will be a long night...

Paint Request

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    Hi,
    Regarding wing hard point, in this 1st release we focused on the fighter Crusader, the bombs truck version is something different that need more work/discussions... and so more time.
    For the RFN Gauge, if you have other planes which use the RFN Gauge too so you should place the files into your Gauges folder.
    Regards,
    Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

VF-211 was sister squadron to VF-24; which I was with back in the day. I like what you did with the burner effect.

I know your RFN F-8 was just released but would you please add a texture paint of VF-24

Merci

The suspension racks were optional - they could be removed. The Marines used the bomb capability quite a lot for close air support.

Shift + I doesn't attach the plane to the carrier catapult. Don't see any bridles.

On carrier approach, the tail hook doesn't seem to snag any arresting wires.

Shift + I doesn't attach the plane to the carrier catapult. Don't see any bridles.

Hi,
    As there is no launch bar or equivalent to be animated, it is hard to know if you had really done Shift+T (which is mandatory for FS launch), so we add a small red dot which appears after ****+T, where the shuttle should be positionned and so, when you're ready for Shift+I.
    Regards,
    S.

"Shift + T" or "Shift + U" ? First impressions, great plane ! Thank you RFN.
    Great Fighter for some Mig-17 dogfights over Vietnam...
    My Military Flight Videos :

Great work!

Thank you!
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Anyone forgot to turn on the anit-fog switch and seen the ghost appear on the windscreen?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

A little witch...

Thank you for this impressive freeware pearl...

...what a fine cockpit...

...and what a little witch ... three carrier approaches - but no trap.... Seems I need lot of training with her

Greetings RS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-3-11_12-33-58-828.jpg   2020-3-11_12-27-37-766.jpg  

The F-8 has been one of my favorite aircraft since I was a child, so when I caught wind of this addon's development I had high expectations. So what are my thoughts after one short flight? As far as I'm concerned, this is the single greatest piece of freeware the flight sim community has ever conjured! The exterior is beautiful! The VC is beautiful! The flight dynamics are beautiful! And it's free! This is how you give payware a run for it's money. Tres bon! Tres bon!

The mirrors work! The friggin' mirrors work!

Also happy to report that Carrier Ops are an absolute joy! Haven't missed a trap yet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f8 1.jpg   f8 3.jpg   f8 2.jpg   f8 4.jpg   f8 5.jpg  
    Last edited by InDeepSchit; March 11th, 2020 at 06:55.

Hi guys,
    Thank you for your nice comments! It seesm that Crusader have lovers around here! (lol)
    We've just upload the paintkit, to let you play with the numerous and colorfull USN liveries!

Regards,
    S.

The F-8 has been one of my favorite aircraft since I was a child, so when I caught wind of this addon's development I had high expectations. So what are my thoughts after one short flight? As far as I'm concerned, this is the single greatest piece of freeware the flight sim community has ever conjured! The exterior is beautiful! The VC is beautiful! The flight dynamics are beautiful! And it's free! This is how you give payware a run for it's money. Tres bon! Tres bon!
    No, really. What are trying to say?
    I mean, seriously, why are you being so vague about what you think of it?

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    "Shift + T" or "Shift + U" ? First impressions, great plane ! Thank you RFN.
    Great Fighter for some Mig-17 dogfights over Vietnam...
    He meant Shift+U as it says in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    No, really. What are trying to say?
    I mean, seriously, why are you being so vague about what you think of it?

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
    Pat☺
    Oh stahp it, you!

Catapult Bridle

On the Nimitz I can get the cat bridle to show with SHIFT + I then SHIFT + ENTER to launch

For the other carriers, I get different results with the SHIFT + I sometimes nothing at all. SHIFT + T (Nimitz) = nothing,

Last edited by gray eagle; March 11th, 2020 at 15:23.

Looks great and flies great but I had to alias the sound to the Milviz F-100. (As I also did with my Virtavia Skyray and Razbam F-102. Their Hun sounds just like Dean Cutshall's real one so it's my go to J57 source!) I just have to work in the gauge for the afterburner BANG. As an aside, has anyone had issues with the USN skin? The three RFN skins display crystal clear on my monitor but the USN one looks a bit blurry.

Go into the bottom of the aircraft.cfg and remove the "//" from in front of the subjects under [launch assist] and [tailhook]. Mine were turned off with the slashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Go into the bottom of the aircraft.cfg and remove the "//" from in front of the subjects under [launch assist] and [tailhook]. Mine were turned off with the slashes.
    Hi,
    Don't remove the //because the launch bar is hard coded into the model and the one in comment nithe aircraft.cfg is not well positionned.
    You have to strike Shift+U to lower the virtual Launch Bar. Even if there is no Launch bar in the Crusader, FS need it to be activated. Then you will see a little red dot at the exact place where the catapult shuttle have to be positionned.
    In the screen shot below you can almost guess the red dot and see how the F-8 is positionned on the catapult : the shuttle behind the front wheel.

Regards,
    S.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-3-11_23-15-23-783.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 4