RFN F-8 Crusader is out!! - Page 8
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: RFN F-8 Crusader is out!!

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    Hi Guys,
    mmm, I really do prefer you ask me to compile an extra exterior mdl than open it and do some changes in it... For a modeler, seing his mdl recompiled by other gives always a strange feeling even if it's done for good purpose...
    I had no intention of presuming to interfer with such a beautiful model other than for my own use. I would never put out into the public domain any alterations I make without prior consent. However, what I do on my own computer is my affair. I merely suggested this as a possible alternative to swapping interior models. I won't make the mistake of giving such suggestions in public again.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Hello Sylvain.

Like Dave Q I had no intention of making changes to your models, especially to be parsed out to the public. I don't have the skills to do that even if I wanted, which I don't. In my post was merely explaining my texture manipulation in order to head off some questions later on.

I did, however, suggest a new model.cfg in order to use what I thought was perhaps a workable combination with the existing models.

Speaking for myself only, I honestly didn't consider asking for another model. I understand the work that might be involved in making just a few changes in the model. I thought from the beginning your inclusion of a J model was very generous, and it is a beautiful model. Many of us understand most of both the visual and operational differences between the E and J and the work it might require to produce a more accurate E model.

Sorry for any confusion or offense my repainting may have caused. There was certainly none intended. If you intend on issuing an "E" then I will just wait for it.

Thanks,

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hi Duckie et al,

My apologies for not noticing earlier that you were intending to paint for the "Var 1", or I would have spoken sooner. My assumption was that all USN/USMC paints would focus on the J, since those other versions as decidedly E(FN)s feature the Gueneau 313 and 316 helmets versus the APH-5/6 style.

For my part, I do hope your paint will work with the J, as I find the presence of the RHAW gear a bit of less obtrusive visual compromise than the larger, more bulbous French helmet style. But that's just my view - I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever you come up with.

Again, looks good, and I appreciate the work you and the other artists are putting into this model.

Kind regards,

dl
    Hey dl, my paints will work with either the J or the Var 1 models. I’ll have to check to see how the white cross in the blue tail band lines up with RHAW bulge. It may need adjusting for the J model. If so I’ll make a separate texture for the J and one for the Var 1 model.
    Duckie

Blog Entries
    Thanks kind sir.

These will really be enjoyed.

DL

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Hello Sylvain.

Like Dave Q I had no intention of making changes to your models, especially to be parsed out to the public. I don't have the skills to do that even if I wanted, which I don't. In my post was merely explaining my texture manipulation in order to head off some questions later on.

I did, however, suggest a new model.cfg in order to use what I thought was perhaps a workable combination with the existing models.

Speaking for myself only, I honestly didn't consider asking for another model. I understand the work that might be involved in making just a few changes in the model. I thought from the beginning your inclusion of a J model was very generous, and it is a beautiful model. Many of us understand most of both the visual and operational differences between the E and J and the work it might require to produce a more accurate E model.

Sorry for any confusion or offense my repainting may have caused. There was certainly none intended. If you intend on issuing an "E" then I will just wait for it.

Thanks,

Steve
    My sentiments exactly.
    FAA A&P, FE (TURBOJET),AMEL COMM INST DC-8 & B767/757 TYPE RATEINGS
    FCC GROL

F-8J masquerading as an "E".

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Duckie

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    F-8J masquerading as an "E".

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    With me it's hard to go wrong with blue trim! (Probably why 92sq was my favorite Lightning outfit!)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    I had no intention of presuming to interfer with such a beautiful model other than for my own use. I would never put out into the public domain any alterations I make without prior consent. However, what I do on my own computer is my affair. I merely suggested this as a possible alternative to swapping interior models. I won't make the mistake of giving such suggestions in public again.

DaveQ
    Hi Dave,
    I'm sory if my last post may sound like I was upset, it was not my intention, and I cleary understood you were not trying to hijack the mdl. My point is that this 1st release still need to be improved/complete and I'm waiting for feedbacks and/or suggestions from community like SOH users. If some changes/additions can be done easily I'll do them quickly, if not, it will feed my to-do-list for the next releases.
    Regards,
    Sylvain

Boy! That 212 looks outstanding! I've made a couple of corrections to VF-191 and also got to work of this one, VF-194. I have to do the speculars yet for both.

Mike

Excellent!!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Fictional Royal Australian Navy F-8J

I had done this for the Alphasim F-8 but never released it. It's a fictional F-8J with the VF-805 squadron Royal Australian Navy. A what if the Australians had chosen the Crusader instead of the A-4 Skyhawk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsx 2020-03-29 19-13-27-36.jpg   fsx 2020-03-29 19-10-59-37.jpg   fsx 2020-03-29 19-12-45-79.jpg  
    FAA A&P, FE (TURBOJET),AMEL COMM INST DC-8 & B767/757 TYPE RATEINGS
    FCC GROL

Great looking repaints Mike and jd.
    Duckie

Here's my two cents worth. Two F8-E's; VMF(AW)-122 at MCAS El Toro late '60's and VF-162 off USS Oriskany 1967.

These are P3Dv4.5 shots set up in PBR, so the textures need converting for FSX. When done I'll post.

Sparouty - if there's anything I've done you would like to look through I'd be happy to share. Just send me a pm.

DaveQ
    Last edited by DaveQ; March 31st, 2020 at 05:12.
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Good morning eveyone,
    as requested by Jankees, here is a link to a VF-53 pilot helmet:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...ght-1851816205

Cheers,

Stéph.

Quote Originally Posted by johndetrick View Post
    I had done this for the Alphasim F-8 but never released it. It's a fictional F-8J with the VF-805 squadron Royal Australian Navy. A what if the Australians had chosen the Crusader instead of the A-4 Skyhawk.
    Nice! But I would not have wanted to be the pilot who needed to land the F-8 on the rather small HMAS Melbourne...lol

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Here's my two cents worth. Two F8-E's; VMF(AW)-122 at MCAS El Toro late '60's and VF-162 off USS Oriskany 1967.

These are P3Dv4.5 shots set up in PBR, so the textures need converting for FSX. When done I'll post.

Sprouty - if there's anything I've done you would like to look through I'd be happy to share. Just send me a pm.

DaveQ
    Looking very good Dave! That bird is going a lot faster than the heli project you helped me with...!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Smart looking paints DaveQ!
    Duckie

Great job Dave! They look awesome. I have a VF-162 in the works but not the one you did. I'm working on Commander Dick Bellinger's 149159 from the Oriskany as well. I believe Bellinger was the first to shoot down a MiG-21 in Vietnam.

Mike

Sparouty - if there's anything I've done you would like to look through I'd be happy to share. Just send me a pm.

DaveQ

Dave,
    These look great. Anxiously awaiting the VF-24 paint for the RFN version like you did for the Virtavia version
    (with the mig kills on the ventrals) and maybe one with USS HANCOCK without the mig kills? Thanks

Wonderful Dave! Was going to suggest VF-162 which was paired with VMF(AW)-212 both on the Oriskany and at El Toro. Very cool.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Packaging up this one now. Will be uploaded a bit later today.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

J model with 212 Shield on helmet visor.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Duckie

Just uploaded this one...

[IMG][/IMG]
    Duckie

Corrected Texture for VMF-212 F-8

Well, seems I mucked it up again! I forgot to "turn on" the layer with USS Oriskany. Iturned it off while I was doing some last minute work in that area and just plain forgot to turn that layer back on.

Anyway, the library file has been corrected. For those who have already downloaded it here's a corrected single texture. Just drop it into the texture.VMF-212 folder and allow to overwrite. So sorry for the inconvenience.

Fuselage2_T.zip
    Duckie

Good evening everyone,
    I'd like to express my gratitude to all the talented repainters here at SOH for providing us with lots of wonderful repaints, many thanks for what you have done so far and for what is yet to be released!!!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Great paints!

Yeah, was about to also suggest this. I suggest much and contribute little. It’s about the fourth time in this thread I was about to suggest or request something and then before I could there it was. So we all do think alike!

Wonderful work and also endless enjoyment. I can’t express how much this is appreciated.

expat

Members who have read this thread: 4