[IMG][/IMG]
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

VF-162 and VMF-122 now separately posted. I have included a temporary F-8E model as per John Detrick's earlier post (the FN var1 external model with the F-8J cockpit/vc). Hope that's OK. Next up will be that VF-24 Mig slayer from Alphasim days...

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    VF-162 and VMF-122 now separately posted. I have included a temporary F-8E model as per John Detrick's earlier post (the FN var1 external model with the F-8J cockpit/vc). Hope that's OK. Next up will be that VF-24 Mig slayer from Alphasim days...

DaveQ

Hi Dave

Thanks in advance

F-8 Crusader Article

Very interesting read and detail on systems and performance in SEA: https://www.aerosociety.com/media/80...al-sources.pdf
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Is this really good?

I have read messages from Sylvain trying to gently explain he's not in favour of spreading kind of diy stuff based on the models he and his team have taken months to build and tune to perfection. To our great pleasure, from the messages I have seen.

Additionally Sylvain mentioned he is working to build other versions that will satisfy all the screw counters on earth, and we know it will be done with extreme care and quality.

Having said that, is this really necessary to go against his will by upolading a kind of bastard model (he does not sound rude in english hopefully) that has extremely low interest and will be soon just totally unuseful?
    Seriously?

Some may be tired to get for free tremendous models from the RFN, planes, gauges and aircraft carriers, I am not!
    And so to respect the wishes of the artists that give us their work seems to me just minimum of courtesy.

My 2 cents

Icon13

DaveQ
    I am not impressed - you obviously did not take Sylvain's earlier post on board ... people used to wait patiently !

Hi Guys,
    For what I understand no pb with Dave's release : the Var1 external mdl using the J's mdl VC.
    I didn't want to create here polemic here... We're really pleased at the RFN team to see how many repaints have been done in so few weeks.
    I hope I'll able to release quickly some extra mdls (external and/or VC) to answer to your expectations, guys!
    Clearly the "E" external mdl is on the top of my list!
    Regards,
    Sylvain

Hi DaveQ,
    I've just downloaded your wonderful repaints for the Crusader by RFN and here is my question:
    Is that normal not to have any srtencil around the mouth of the VMF-122 aircraft?
    Cheers,

Stéph.

WTF???!! What the devil was I playing at? It's even missing on the screenshot and I didn't notice! Anyway a corrected copy is now available in the library. SO sorry for the inconvenience.

But please note, the temporary -E model folder contains only models available as part of the original download, NOT my 'bastardised' creation that seems to have upset people (see Sylvain's post above #207). In due course these paints can be married to a more authentic and properly made -E.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

WTF???!! What the devil was I playing at? It's even missing on the screenshot and I didn't notice! Anyway a corrected copy is now available in the library. SO sorry for the inconvenience.

But please note, the temporary -E model folder contains only models available as part of the original download, NOT my 'bastardised' creation that seems to have upset people (see Sylvain's post above #207). In due course these paints can be married to a more authentic and properly made -E.

DaveQ
    Duckie

It will be time to load addtional models and textures when they will be released.
    Cheers

VMF(AW) 333 has now been uploaded also with F8E and F8J options.

F8J with USN/USMC pilot/helmet
    [IMG][/IMG]

F8J with USN/USMC pilot/helmet
    [IMG][/IMG]

F8E with USN/USMC pilot with Painted French helmet
    [IMG][/IMG]

Duckie

Very nice - thank you!

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

@Duckie, I was with Trip Trey (VMFA-333) in Beaufort, SC, in 86. Granted, they were Phantoms, but the paint is very similar.
    It was my final squadron in the Corps. When we came back from Iwakuni, they transitioned out to the Hornets. I had a family and property in Yuma to care for, so I decided it was time for me to go. I really didn't want to spend 8 months a year, minimum, asea, either. Too hard on the family...

So, I got out, and went to work for VMFAT-401, working on their Israeli Kfirs. Perfect timing. They were just standing up, and I am a plank holder.

Anywho, thanks for the trip down memory lane
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    @Duckie, I was with Trip Trey (VMFA-333) in Beaufort, SC, in 86. Granted, they were Phantoms, but the paint is very similar.
    It was my final squadron in the Corps. When we came back from Iwakuni, they transitioned out to the Hornets. I had a family and property in Yuma to care for, so I decided it was time for me to go. I really didn't want to spend 8 months a year, minimum, asea, either. Too hard on the family...

So, I got out, and went to work for VMFAT-401, working on their Israeli Kfirs. Perfect timing. They were just standing up, and I am a plank holder.

Anywho, thanks for the trip down memory lane
    Pat☺
    Hey Pat, thanks for sharing that memory. Very glad it perhaps brought a smile. And, Thanks for your service.

Steve
    Duckie

VF-11 Red Rippers...

[IMG][/IMG]
    Duckie

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    VF-11 Red Rippers...

[IMG][/IMG]
    I would be neat to do 5357 to go with this one. It's pretty famous!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F-8-Ejection.jpg   F-8-VF-11.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    I would be neat to do 5357 to go with this one. It's pretty famous!
    I remember that one well. It was part of our annual recurrent ejection seat training qualification. Martin Baker used it in their training film for our seat which was the same as the early F-8s, an MB Mk 5 ballistic seat. If I recall that was an A model that smacked the deck hard as the deck pitched up in rough seas. The right tire blew and the magnesium alloy wheel ignited.

Maybe if RFND MODS an A these textures will fit but for one these will be for an E.
    Duckie

Blog Entries
    Nice Duckie!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    I remember that one well. It was part of our annual recurrent ejection seat training qualification. Martin Baker used it in their training film for our seat which was the same as the early F-8s, an MB Mk 5 ballistic seat. If I recall that was an A model that smacked the deck hard as the deck pitched up in rough seas. The right tire blew and the magnesium alloy wheel ignited.

Maybe if RFND MODS an A these textures will fit but for one these will be for an E.

The F-8's MB seat was a lot more difficult to remove than the F-4s. I don't ever remember removing one without losing some skin on my knuckles! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    The F-8's MB seat was a lot more difficult to remove than the F-4s. I don't ever remember removing one without losing some skin on my knuckles! NC
    Have a buddy who was a seat tech on F-4s and F-15s. He, like I'm sure you do Pete, had a world of stories about his work in the USAF.

Steve
    Duckie

Here are three VF-24 paints, two from the old AS F-8. 146998 was an F-8C so will have to wait for a model... The other two will fit though. 148705 was an F-8C converted to -E standards, and 149204 was a -J photographed at Miramar in 1974, long after the Crusader had been replaced by the Phantom in Vietnam.

Will post the two that fit the models as soon as I can. Currently working on a 1972 paint of 149204 in VF-301 colours.

DaveQ

Bu. No. 149204 when it was with VF-301. Again, when converted for FSX will post.

Stay safe and well

DaveQ

Blog Entries
    VF-301 looks delightful, Dave. Well, they all do, of course!

dl

Two VF-24's and the VF-301 uploaded now.

Stay well and stay safe

DaveQ

Members who have read this thread: 3