RFN F-8 Crusader is out!! - Page 10
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: RFN F-8 Crusader is out!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Two VF-24's and the VF-301 uploaded now.

Stay well and stay safe

DaveQ
    Thanks Dave, and you too.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Three fabulaous paints Dave - thank very much!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    I remember that one well. It was part of our annual recurrent ejection seat training qualification. Martin Baker used it in their training film for our seat which was the same as the early F-8s, an MB Mk 5 ballistic seat. If I recall that was an A model that smacked the deck hard as the deck pitched up in rough seas. The right tire blew and the magnesium alloy wheel ignited.

Maybe if RFND MODS an A these textures will fit but for one these will be for an E.
    The A would not have the strakes under the rear fuselage, correct. (Or did the retrofit them to older airframes?)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    The A would not have the strakes under the rear fuselage, correct. (Or did the retrofit them to older airframes?)
    Aircraft involved in accident was 145357.

According to Joe Baugher's site:

145318/145415 - Vought F8U-1 Crusader Redesignated F-8A in 1962.

I can't see if it had strakes or not! But if it does my guess would be that they were retro-fitted if the production block didn't have them.

Steve
    Duckie

VF-11 Red Rippers F-8E just uploaded,

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Duckie

Another nice one!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hi,
    We've just released a new V1.1 version on our website!
    In this version we added 2 new versions (new external mdl only): F-8E (it still has BLC and double leading edge but it looks like a E...) and F-8P (the very last French version)

We added a configuration gauge too, which allows to start cold & dark, manage fuel and manage store configuration. Only fuselage pylons and missiles sor far but you can now have clean Crusader or dual pylons with 4 Sidewinders!
    Payload corresponding weight is also managed by the gauge but not yet drag. Note that should be compatible with Tacpack (look at the documentation for implementation detail)

We fixed few bugs and mapping issues, including the nose and IR sensor mapping issue.
    This is a full package which replaces the previous V1.0.

Here is the link tour our website : http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia....ations.htm#Avi

I hope it will meet your expectations?
    Regards,
    Sylvain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crusader_RFN6.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    Hi,
    In this version we added 2 new versions (new external mdl only): F-8E (it still has BLC and double leading edge but it looks like a E...) and F-8P (the very last French version)

We added a configuration gauge too, which allows to start cold & dark, manage fuel and manage store configuration. Only fuselage pylons and missiles sor far but you can now have clean Crusader or dual pylons with 4 Sidewinders!
    Payload corresponding weight is also managed by the gauge but not yet drag. Note that should be compatible with Tacpack (look at the documentation for implementation detail)

We fixed few bugs and mapping issues, including the nose and IR sensor mapping issue.

Here is the link tour our website : http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia....ations.htm#Avi

Regards,
    Sylvain
    Awesome! Can now fly her is a clean configuration as most US Navy were post Vietnam.

Thank you Sylvain. I know what I'm downloading as soon as I get home from work.

Ken

Wonder what the best strategy would be incorporating this change 1.1, as I have a few addons in the aircraft.cfg and want to keep the continuity of textures in the v1.0 I have and
    gain the changes that 1.1 has to offer.

Most appreciated! Thank you.
    Duckie

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Wonder what the best strategy would be incorporating this change 1.1, as I have a few addons in the aircraft.cfg and want to keep the continuity of textures in the v1.0 I have and
    gain the changes that 1.1 has to offer.
    It depends on what kind of changes you did in the aircraft.cfg. If it is extra repaints (the [fltsim] items) then just copypast your previous changes into the new aircraft.cfg file and after thatlook if you want to use the 2news mdl of the V1.1.
    If you did changes deeper into the aircraft.cfg file, then look at the new Payload stations part, I guess I did changes only here ...

Regards,
    Sylvain

It depends on what kind of changes you did in the aircraft.cfg. If it is extra repaints (the [fltsim] items) then just copypast your previous changes into the new aircraft.cfg file and after thatlook if you want to use the 2news mdl of the V1.1.
    If you did changes deeper into the aircraft.cfg file, then look at the new Payload stations part, I guess I did changes only here ...

Regards,
    Sylvain
    I've copied the V1.1 over my 1.0 and I kept my original 1.0 Aircraft.cfg. What needs to be installed to use the payload stations?
    I haven't installed any RFN Gauges. Not sure what you mean by using the 2news mdl of V1.1.....

Edit: I use P3D V3.4

I've copied the V1.1 over my 1.0 and I kept my original 1.0 Aircraft.cfg. What needs to be installed to use the payload stations?
    I haven't installed any RFN Gauges. Not sure what you mean by using the 2news mdl of V1.1.....

Edit: I use P3D V3.4
    There are two new MDL files in the package. One is the F-8P or final French version and the other is a sort of F-8E for US Navy use.
    It still have the wing of the F-8J but an "E" tail. Payload stations are discussed at the end of the new v1.1 manual.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    There are two new MDL files in the package. One is the F-8P or final French version and the other is a sort of F-8E for US Navy use.
    It still have the wing of the F-8J but an "E" tail. Payload stations are discussed at the end of the new v1.1 manual.
    I went to the end of the manual and saw this:

The only thing I get from SHIFT + 1 is Tacan Indicataor.

I read about the payload configurations but didn't find anything about installing this load configuration. I've installed all the effects/textures and the planes. I don't know what gauge(s) if any are
    installed to make the load configuration work. I see two gauges folders.

Sylvain,

What a great add on! Superbe!

Cees

Blog Entries

I read about the payload configurations but didn't find anything about installing this load configuration. I've installed all the effects/textures and the planes. I don't know what gauge(s) if any are
    Are you mixing the old and new versions? For now, I'd say forget the old version. Validate you can get the new one working. On P3D v4 it worked flawlessly. Just drag the gauges and effects into their respective folders and go.

Worry about your repaints and edits later once you get the new base version working fine.

dl

Hi,
    The configuration gauge is included into the new panel folders "Panel" and "Panel.US".
    If Shft+1 shows Tacan Indicator that means that you didn't update panel's files.
    If the customization you did is extra (and beautifull) liveries done by repainters , I suggest that you proceeed like this:
    - copy your old Crusader folder into an archived folder and remove it from your FS Aircraft's directory
    - copy all the new v1.1 folders and files into your FS Aircraft's directory: then you have the v1.1 installed
    - copy your extra liveries texture folders into this v1.1 folder
    - edit the new aircraft.cfg and replace all the [fltsim.x] blocks by the one of your old aircraift.cfg file
    - last, for all defined Crusaders which are US version and not French one, replace the line "Panel =" by "Panel=US"

Then you should have the v1.1 ok and all your extra textures available. You just miss the F-8P and F-8E which will need to be added into your aircraft.cfg

Let me know if it works ?
    regards,
    Sylvain

For those who have downloaded my repaints I will upload to the Library later tonight an update package to use my repaints with the new 1.1 version. It will include updated pilot textures and 1 fuselage texture for the corrected IR sensor along with updated config entries. I realize some of you "old hands" probably won't need them but for those who want them there will be nothing to figure out. Just drop my repaint texture folders (which you already have) as is into the new V1.1 main folder and then follow the update instructions included with my update pack.
    Duckie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    For those who have downloaded my repaints I will upload to the Library later tonight an update package to use my repaints with the new 1.1 version. It will include updated pilot textures and 1 fuselage texture for the corrected IR sensor along with updated config entries. I realize some of you "old hands" probably won't need them but for those who want them there will be nothing to figure out. Just drop my repaint texture folders (which you already have) as is into the new V1.1 main folder and then follow the update instructions included with my update pack.
    Thanks Duckie - look forward to that.

dl

Hi,
    The configuration gauge is included into the new panel folders "Panel" and "Panel.US".
    If Shft+1 shows Tacan Indicator that means that you didn't update panel's files.
    If the customization you did is extra (and beautifull) liveries done by repainters , I suggest that you proceeed like this:
    - copy your old Crusader folder into an archived folder and remove it from your FS Aircraft's directory
    - copy all the new v1.1 folders and files into your FS Aircraft's directory: then you have the v1.1 installed
    - copy your extra liveries texture folders into this v1.1 folder
    - edit the new aircraft.cfg and replace all the [fltsim.x] blocks by the one of your old aircraift.cfg file
    - last, for all defined Crusaders which are US version and not French one, replace the line "Panel =" by "Panel=US"

Then you should have the v1.1 ok and all your extra textures available. You just miss the F-8P and F-8E which will need to be added into your aircraft.cfg

Let me know if it works ?
    regards,
    Sylvain

Hi,

I noticed in the new (1.1) aircraft.cfg that a call is made to the US panel and from there the option of SHIFT +1 is there for the configuration screen. I loaded one of the new US F8's and

when I press the SHIFT + 1 keys, there is no response. Same for the other SHIFT + keys - I know you have them mapped to open the three items on the menu but none open.

Now I did not install any gauges and when I looked at your panel cfg file there are calls made for lots of gauges.

Thanks to Sylvain and team, also to Duckie, Gribouil, Nastybeats, Jankees, DaveQ (;o)) and to all those who bring us (and will) such a wonderful fighter in fs!!!

Hi,

I noticed in the new (1.1) aircraft.cfg that a call is made to the US panel and from there the option of SHIFT +1 is there for the configuration screen. I loaded one of the new US F8's and

when I press the SHIFT + 1 keys, there is no response. Same for the other SHIFT + keys - I know you have them mapped to open the three items on the menu but none open.

Now I did not install any gauges and when I looked at your panel cfg file there are calls made for lots of gauges.

Mmm always hard to find out remotely what is not working ... The missing gauges should be in the "Panel" folder into your Crusader's folder. In this folder you should find : Crusader_RFN.cab, 2 dlls (F-8_Crusader and F-8_Radar), the panel.cfg file and RFN_Sounds folder (which contains 2 sound files). If it's not the case, you shoud install again the v1.1 from the original package because it seems that you lost some files during your installation process...
    Regards,
    Sylvain

Mmm always hard to find out remotely what is not working ... The missing gauges should be in the "Panel" folder into your Crusader's folder. In this folder you should find : Crusader_RFN.cab, 2 dlls (F-8_Crusader and F-8_Radar), the panel.cfg file and RFN_Sounds folder (which contains 2 sound files). If it's not the case, you shoud install again the v1.1 from the original package because it seems that you lost some files during your installation process...
    Regards,
    Sylvain
    Hi,

I manually copied the panel files to P3D including the ones you mentioned. When I used the SHIFT + 1/2/3 keys I have no response, and just for fun, I pressed the SHIFT + 4 key and

could see what the valid keys you had mapped on my screen

I opened up that RFG cab and looked at the images and noted that those are the images I should be seeing when I press the SHIFT + 1/2/3 keys. So far nothing.

Hi,

Regards,
    Sylvain
    Thank you for the configuration editor! I like flying clean! Just wondering, is there a way to change the smoke effect so it turns on at about 25% and goes away after AB ignition. It just seems weird to have a ton of smoke at the lowest power settings. (I couldn't find the effects controller in the first release.)

Members who have read this thread: 3