Solid prop discs

Thread: Solid prop discs

Solid prop discs

Several downloaded aircraft, such as the 615 and 111 Sqn Hurricane packs, and the Blenheim_mkiv, show individual prop blades when stationary, but solid discs when the engine is running. I'd know what to do in FS9 or FSX, but not here. Can anyone help, please?

David
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Several downloaded aircraft, such as the 615 and 111 Sqn Hurricane packs, and the Blenheim_mkiv, show individual prop blades when stationary, but solid discs when the engine is running. I'd know what to do in FS9 or FSX, but not here. Can anyone help, please?

David
    Gidday, it is possible to change prop disc textures. You need an m3d editor to enable you to open the aircraft's .m3d file, where the various textures used will be listed. The normal location of the prop disc textures is within the aircraft/shared pathway. Sometimes shared files are buried in an aircraft's folder directly, but I always move the shared textures to the shared folder, otherwise you can end up with multiple textures with the same name. You don't want that!

Once you know what the prop disc texture is called, you can look for a preferred texture, and rename a copy of the texture to match the name in the m3d file. Voila, a free upgrade!

PS great forename.

D

prop_us_brit.dds is the standard file that is typically referenced in the m3d, but I'm not sure exactly which aircraft you're having trouble with.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thank you both.

The filename of the Blenheim, which I had from an earlier dalliance with CFS3, is Blenheim_mkiv, original model by Craig Bielat, CFS3 conversion by Corrado La Posta

The Hurricane packs were both from Simviation here:
    https://simviation.com/cfs3_aircraft21.htm

prop_us_brit.dds is already in the shared folder and editing the m3d seemed a bit daunting.

However, I have now found another Blenheim package here at SOH, and Hurricanes in the
    Combat_Flight_Simulator_BoB_Alpha_01 expansion, so both types are now flying happily.

I am glad you approve the name, Dai, and hope you appreciate the forum sig!

David

Hello,
    I just looked into this and saw that these Hurri's need 'brit_us_prop.dds'.
    These were Fouteman's and there was an 'FS_rafbobfighter_sharedV2' file for these.

So, like Daiwilletti says, you could copy the 'prop_us_brit.dds' and rename it
    'brit_us_prop.dds'. That should work, but I still have that old shared file

Thank you. That worked for the Hurricane, but not the Blenehim, which doesn't matter as I prefer the SNJ version anyway. I saw mention of FS_rafbobfighter_sharedV2 but couldn't find it.

David

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Thank you. That worked for the Hurricane, but not the Blenehim, which doesn't matter as I prefer the SNJ version anyway. I saw mention of FS_rafbobfighter_sharedV2 but couldn't find it.

David
    Well it is there.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=80&id=20262

Thanks. I have that now.

David

Members who have read this thread: 0