IRIS MiG-29 experiments & question
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: IRIS MiG-29 experiments & question

IRIS MiG-29 experiments & question

Hi fellows,

I wanted for long to cover the Mig-29 from IRIS, the paintkit provided with the install starts showing its age but the 3D model is still really good !
    I dig up from my archives the first Mig-29 template Eagle Dynamic originally released for LOMAC Flaming Cliff first opus, around 2005/2006... Despite being completely outdated in regards to DCS, I'm going to give a try adapting it to IRIS Mig-29 mapping to see how it looks.

Will keep you posted with results. As it will be based o n15 y/o stuff, I don't think they will mind if I release the results, quoting them as original authors of templates used ?

More to come

Cheers

L'iguane

Looking forward to this.
    I had started to work on a new paintkit myself a few years ago but never finished it.

If you do not copy anything directly from this paintkit to your new one but simply use it as a template for positioning and redraw everything by yourself I do not see a problem.
    Hartwig
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Quote Originally Posted by hawk_sh View Post
    Looking forward to this.
    I had started to work on a new paintkit myself a few years ago but never finished it.

If you do not copy anything directly from this paintkit to your new one but simply use it as a template for positioning and redraw everything by yourself I do not see a problem.

After further investigation, IRIS & Lock on Mig-29's mapping are way too differents for a simple copy/paste . Starting to redraw everything by myself, this is gonna be long !

L'iguane

I would wager that SteveB has a paint kit.

Some of his paints. Just to maybe avoid duplication. There may well be more knowing Steve, haven't extensively checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    I would wager that SteveB has a paint kit.

Some of his paints. Just to maybe avoid duplication. There may well be more knowing Steve, haven't extensively checked.
    Steve already shared his paintkit with me 3/4 years ago, it does the job, but I wanted to go further in detail and create a paintkit on my own.
    To avoid duplication, I'm going to cover exotic liveries only, so I won't probably not cover soviet VVS at all, or only if the livery hasn't been done yet by Steve.
    I have been working on mine for approx 30-40hrs now and from what I get, it is promising. (screenshots to come within 2/3 days, when it will look decent )

Cheers
    L'iguane

After some nights on it, here is a first draft . I quickly dropped yemeni 3 tone camo to have an idea. Still a lot to adjust, fresh livery without weathering and wears and tears. I have been basically redrawing every parts of it, also, I "MDLMAT"ed all the model files to adjust the spec shine, canopy and VC transparency etc....

[IMG][/IMG]

Cheers
    L'iguane

That looks incredible! I love the detail of the exhaust petals, looks so real

Stunning, looking forward to this one.
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Very nice l'iguane and like Taff I'm really looking forward tho them.

BTW great AB effect did that come standard with the model as I can't remember it looked this good.....

Cheers,
    Huub

That looks absolutely awesome.
    Hartwig
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Very nice l'iguane and like Taff I'm really looking forward tho them.

BTW great AB effect did that come standard with the model as I can't remember it looked this good.....

Cheers,
    Huub
    Thanks Huub !
    I didn't change anything on the AB, however the retexturing of the exhaust nozzles indirectly made it look better

Cheers
    L'iguane

Royal Malaysian Air Force - Smokey Bandits

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Would you be able to make N29UB skin please? Semi fictional as it needs a 2 seater model

l'iguane, those are beautiful repaints. I especially like the Polish commemorative paint with the aviator tail graphic.

Thank you all, hawk_sh, RgAtkinson, Anels !

TARPSbird, a painter here did a similar scheme years ago (Jason32) but never released them for some reasons. I was quite in need of one, so I finally decided myself
    But yes these low-vis scheme along with commemorative paints are gorgeous, highly motivating for a painter !

Anels, I already have a long working list, will depend on my timeline for N29UB (plus there are no two seater Fulcrums for fs9..)

Cheers
    L'iguane

Pulling some serious G's

KBT vapor effect's works well along IRIS stock trail & condensation effects.

[IMG][/IMG]

That works perfectly, thanks for the idea. will add to mine

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Looks amazing! You’ve given the wonderful mig a breath of fresh air

Thanks mate ! more to come.
    Getting closer of a release, I hope you'll enjoy them

Cheers
    l'iguane

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Bloomin lovely. Especially the Polish Skins. I look forward too flying a MiG 29 that I haven't painted.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Bloomin lovely. Especially the Polish Skins. I look forward too flying a MiG 29 that I haven't painted.

Steve
    Cheers mate
    I'm still thinking about refining the weathering, but got bored on it and enjoying putting some colors on liveries. We shall see a first batch release within days, I'll see for refining later.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Finally I couldn't resist on a soviet vintage scheme, here is the Bort 58 of the VVS Swifts early colors

[IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Cheers
    L'iguane

Quote Originally Posted by l'iguane View Post
    Finally I couldn't resist on a soviet vintage scheme, here is the Bort 58 of the VVS Swifts early colors

Cheers
    L'iguane
    WOW! Thats pretty! I always like seeing military aircraft in bright colors. I like it!

Members who have read this thread: 5