IRIS MiG-29 experiments & question - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IRIS MiG-29 experiments & question

Quote Originally Posted by anels9 View Post
    Huub, did you modify those exhaust petal textures? They look great!
    No, that's how they are done by l'iguane's in these textures. I was amazed how good they looked as well (see post #10 of this thread....).

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    No, that's how they are done by l'iguane's in these textures. I was amazed how good they looked as well (see post #10 of this thread....).

Cheers,
    Huub
    Hey Huub,
    From what I see on your screenshots, are you using some in game post processing (ENB ? SweetFx ?) they appears to much more colorful than stock fs9 ?
    Also, are you using fs9 stock envmap.bmp or a custom one ?

Same for darker canopy - either you changed the glass texture or use IRIS stock mdl ?

That's why I love fs9, you can adjust almost every points of many aircrafts to fit your taste
    Glad to see you're having fun with these paints

Cheers
    L'iguane

You guys must be kidding. Do you really think that I know what I'm doing. I have tweaked FS2004 so much, I can never reproduce what I have been doing. Every reinstall is different than the previous one.

What I have done this time is more or less what's in this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...nearly-perfect
    So yes I use a sweetfx. But since I have done what's in the Youtube movie, I already made quite some changes.

The Swift repaint is on the Iris Cobra model. Because this model is completely clean. I can't recall when I took the screenshots from the Polish Fulcrum. I first installed the "standard Iris package" which I did partly overwrite with l'iguane's upgrade package. As said I don't know whether I took the screenshots before or after I had overwritten the model files.

Cheers,
    Huub

By the way, I tweaked the cobra mdl (clean - no pylons) for a planned update of Swift livery.

Here are some shots, 1990's Kubinka atmosphere
    [IMG][/IMG]

SOH-CM-2020
    @l'iguane: I like your paints a lot, especially the Swift one - it makes so much fun to explore the power and fantastic IRIS model of this bird and in combination with such wonderful robes it's a real joy! Thanks so much for! ... just out of curiousity, have you planned to do the blue-white Swift livery too?

@Huub: May I ask you about your afterburner effect? It looks altered as well, at least in my FS the current one seems to be a bit "blocky".

[...]

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
    @Huub: May I ask you about your afterburner effect? It looks altered as well, at least in my FS the current one seems to be a bit "blocky".
    Hi Elmar,

Its the standard IRIS afterburner effect. I haven't done anything special with it.

Cheers,
    Huub

@elmar, make sure you’ve copied the texture folder of the effects, I can confirm that huubs AB effects are what the stock iris ones do in fact look like in fs9

SOH-CM-2020
    @Huub and anels9: Thanks there was something wrong with the textures and after reinstalling it everything was fine!

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by l'iguane View Post
    By the way, I tweaked the cobra mdl (clean - no pylons) for a planned update of Swift livery.

Here are some shots, 1990's Kubinka atmosphere
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The second shot I had to look at twice, I thought it was a photo. Man FS9 is still getting it done.

Sean

Another Polish low viz memorial scheme, S/Ldr Bodeslaw Drobinski

[IMG]

[/IMG]

Are you able to make the same nice adjustments to the mig29K please?

Quote Originally Posted by anels9 View Post
    Are you able to make the same nice adjustments to the mig29K please?
    Will see what I can do. Probably just camo adjustment, as I won't start new layering and rivets for just one livery (2 Mig-29K prototype ever built..)
    Cheers
    L'iguane

MiG-29K Bort 311 - prototype

[IMG][/IMG]

Wow, that looks great.

I did not dare to ask regarding the Mig-29K model.

Although the IRIS models are not the correct ones for these paint schemes, dont you think that the Mig would look good in the current Russian and Indian Navy Mig-29K schemes:

https://www.airplane-pictures.net/type.php?p=2365

http://www.mig.mariwoj.pl/big/mig-29...-navy-2015.jpg

http://www.mig.mariwoj.pl/big/mig-29kub-russia-[51]-2014.jpg
    Hartwig
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Wonderful! FSX users will be happy, since there is a native FSX conversion of the naval Iris Mig-29K here, thanks to Corrado from IS4G Design Workshop:
    http://www.isoliti4gatti.it/warbirds/Tacpack.htm

File name "FSX Iris Mig-29 TP update.zip", scroll down to section "TacPack Updates for FSX". This model is nicer than the "regular" Iris Mig-29A found in the same page in the P3D section (The tacpacked 29A is 100% compatible with L'iguane repaints, and works also in FSX, but some animations like rudder and nose wheel are reversed, no big deal while flying fast...)

These days in my basement, to kill time, I tried to "navalize" the Ukrainian repaint, quite fictionnal, and with mixed result...

Mig-29A:

Mig-29K:

So I look forward very much this new Mig-29K prototype repaint!

And having fun with some VC swapping...

Quote Originally Posted by hawk_sh View Post
    Wow, that looks great.

I did not dare to ask regarding the Mig-29K model.

Although the IRIS models are not the correct ones for these paint schemes, dont you think that the Mig would look good in the current Russian and Indian Navy Mig-29K schemes:

https://www.airplane-pictures.net/type.php?p=2365

http://www.mig.mariwoj.pl/big/mig-29...-navy-2015.jpg

http://www.mig.mariwoj.pl/big/mig-29kub-russia-[51]-2014.jpg

Hi Hartwig,
    I'll see for a few what if liveries. Still plenty of real scheme to carry on...
    By the way, the russian one is gonna be a nightmare to reproduce with its underbelly marine camo

Cheers
    L'iguane

MiG-29K Bort 311 - prototype
    Thanks! Much appreciated...

Nice Chad paint!!

Ukraine AF - digital camo

Again very nice. You are spoiling us and I already have far too much Fulcrums on my HD......

Cheers,
    Huub

Again very nice. You are spoiling us and I already have far too much Fulcrums on my HD......

Cheers,
    Huub
    I almost succeeded converting Huub to jets that's an accomplishment !
    By the way, I'm really looking forward Hispano Tripala as you mentioned you may give them a brush !

Cheers
    L'iguane

Another Retro Scheme,
    Polish Air Force, 1994, 1st PLM "Warszawa" based Minsk Mazowiecki
    This scheme was worn at a visit of the eskadra to Dijon, France, at the 2ème Escadre de Chasse flying mirage 2000.

Thank you for all these excellent new paint schemes!

A small note regarding the two Swifts paint schemes:

the wheel rims should be blue instead of the standard green ones

https://www.airplane-pictures.net/ph...vich-mig-29ub/

https://www.airfighters.com/photo/14...iG-29-9-13/07/
    Hartwig
    __________________________________________________ _____________

I almost succeeded converting Huub to jets that's an accomplishment !
    By the way, I'm really looking forward Hispano Tripala as you mentioned you may give them a brush !

Cheers
    L'iguane
    Hahaha, I have always loved the Fulcrum and Flanker. and made many hours in Eduardo Fadul's Fulcrum. I'm a child of the Cold War and I couldn't imagine the Russians were capable of building such advanced aircraft. Like most we were always told that the Russian technology was inferior and that the Warsaw Pact had the numbers, but we had far superior quality.
    Now I have grown up a bit and learned a bit, I realise that it all wasn't as simple as we were told in our youth and that a lot had to do with differences in technical philosophy.

The Tripala is still on my to do list and I saw a new Buchon has been released by Mr Scrub as well. So I don't have to worry about future projects. I had already started to work on a paintkit for Mr Ito's Blohm&Voss BV138. But suddenly a cfs2 project changed all my plans. A developer needed a painter so I more or less volunteered. As its a bad-boy aircraft, I'm having fun.

So when you paint the jets, I will try to paint the vintage models................

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 4