FSX Grumman Goose HD Redux V1.2 ..... Revisited - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FSX Grumman Goose HD Redux V1.2 ..... Revisited

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Not that I could find. Searched "N985R", "Goose" and "Collings."
    +1 - I used same search criteria and didn't find it either.

Oops, guess I didn't get around to uploading it. Addressing that now.

In looking at it, I think I was trying to get the aircraft.cfg under control and was gonna include some of that. For now, I'll assume you guys are good with that and will just upload the paint. Putting it together now.

Edit: Uploaded... Sorry about that

What is the difference between this paint vs. the default OZx one that looks the same? Just the reg number?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    What is the difference between this paint vs. the default OZx one that looks the same? Just the reg number?
    Yes, I got lucky, it's basically the same. The only difference is the reg number and the floats (which took forever to get "right", still not perfect).

Of course, the big difference between this and the real plane is the real one doesn't have retractable floats. The only update to FSX of Lynn and Bill Lyons Goose I've found is the one by Nor-Cal. I should check that one out, too. But I always liked the update by OZx to the default plane. I'd love to see somebody do a modern version of the plane. Of course the likelihood of a commercial version is about nil with 2020 on the horizon.

This is one of a series of paints I've been making and collecting of Collings Foundation planes. I volunteer there, and one of my tasks is helping them develop STEM/Educational Enrichment activities for kids for the American Heritage Museum they run in Stow, MA. One of my goals is to set up 2 or three simulators where kids can fly planes. I used to run a small business with community education classes and going into schools where I'd introduce kids and adults to flying through flight simulation.

I've done Tondelayo too, but haven't asked for permission to release it from Roy Chaffin. I hope he's still "ok". I also created a paint for their 2 seater F that fits on the SOHDw F-100D here (not correct since it's only a single seater, but I don't know of a 2-seater model).

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Oops, guess I didn't get around to uploading it. Addressing that now.

In looking at it, I think I was trying to get the aircraft.cfg under control and was gonna include some of that. For now, I'll assume you guys are good with that and will just upload the paint. Putting it together now.

Edit: Uploaded... Sorry about that
    Thanks for sharing...

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Thanks for sharing...

Great work and thank you FlyingsCool! That's some terrific work.

Introducing kids to flying through simulators sounds like a great idea. Hope it succeeds.

Was hoping someone would do "Toulouse Nuts" on the Wozza / Warwick Carter's P-51 Mustang even though it is a two seater for a while now.
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Just downloaded. That's a beautifully done repaint. Thanks very much!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Thanks guys!

Most of the blame falls on the OZx folk who did the redux

It's a really fun plane to fly, though, ain't it Definitely among the top of the list ones I'd love to own for real, it or a Beaver amphib.

Anyone need the Pilot's Handbook (JRF-6B)? The one I've got isn't the best quality, but it's got some interesting info in it. The most surprising to me was the flaps, that they can be put down at any speed without damaging them. I think I remember there being a couple other interesting tidbits. I have the Erection and Service Manual, too.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Just brought this over from my now-defunct FSX install into P3D4.5 - what a beauty. Looks and flies beautifully - thanks to all the authors and contributors.

Small question - steering in water, even with differential power, just doesn't give good results - massive turn radius. I think I recall there being a "fake water rudder" fix or something along those lines - was that the trick, or does someone have another suggestion?

thanks,

dl
    Hi @delta_lima,

The water steering 'fix' is described in the first post of this thread. The higher the number, the 'tighter' the turns.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi @delta_lima,

The water steering 'fix' is described in the first post of this thread. The higher the number, the 'tighter' the turns.
    GPS in the VC??? Blasphemy!!! Who needs that?

This Goose seems to be very popular over in MSFS. The Mt. Cook livery for the HD redux is very elusive though. I'd love to find it ! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...k-with-a-Goose
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Members who have read this thread: 35