Grumman Goose G21A Wheel lock

Thread: Grumman Goose G21A Wheel lock

Grumman Goose G21A Wheel lock

The labels on the tail wheel lock are opposite from where they should be i.e. the unlock label should be on top and lock on the bottom off lever for these two repaints
    This is sample of the two repaints with opposite placement of labels:

This is the labeling for the other textures - unlock is on top.

These are the two repaints with the label issues:

Expansion Pack

Looking for the expansion pack for this plane.

Butch,

I sent you 'repaired' texture files. Just replace and up is unlocked, down is locked.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Looking for the expansion pack for this plane.
    Have you tried this one : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1212465 ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Butch,

I sent you 'repaired' texture files. Just replace and up is unlocked, down is locked.

Joe
    Thanks Joe

Butch

I found the Samoa airlines paint:

And the labels on the tail wheel lock are juxtaposed. I wonder why that is?

I've found three repaints that way.

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=goose+samoa&CatID=root&Go=Se arch

Butch,

I just found my old copy of FSX and in it the MS Goose. There are six textures included and in each, the tailwheel lock labeling on the instrument panel is opposite from the OzX Goose.

When the group put out the OzX Goose, most everybody discarded the MS Goose. Some painters didn't read the docs that came with the OzX Goose that told of the numerous improvements in the model - ones that corrected MS mistakes. One was the textures were improved to include 'bump' texturing and improved specular texturing (and correct labeling). If the painters had used the OzX paint kit . . . . . . . . . .so here we are.

Butch,

Joe
    Hi Joe,

Butch has a keen eye, I just noticed same issue and was wondering if you could PM me the repaired file as well. Hoping it's just the switch labels that need swapping, and not the entire instrument panel with gauges etc. that needs to be also redone - in that case I would just live with the mis-labelling as the instrument panels came in black, white, and the rough black texture in the Samoa paint - too much work IMHO.

Thank-you,
    Milan ........
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Interestingly, I found one picture of a Goose panel.
    The MS Goose labeling was correct. The action was incorrect.
    Up is locked, down is unlocked.

MZee,

I can't attach anything to a PM. PM me you email addy and I'll send the 'Samoa' panel fixed.

Thanks again Joe for the fix for the Samoa paint:

So is MS correct and Ozx incorrect or ....?

What is strange is that the Samoa paint states it is for the OzX version of the Goose.

I have gimp and paint.net but would like to know how to put those labels like they are with the OzX paints.

Samoa paint here is one example:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php...root&Go=Search

Butch

Interestingly, I found one picture of a Goose panel.
    The MS Goose labeling was correct. The action was incorrect.
    Up is locked, down is unlocked.

MZee,

I can't attach anything to a PM. PM me you email addy and I'll send the 'Samoa' panel fixed.

Yup, it sure looks that way. Now I wonder why OzX labeled it backwards?

Misty air charter

Repaint by Reggy Smith

Members who have read this thread: 0