MAW Global Layer

Thread: MAW Global Layer

MAW Global Layer

I modify the MAW global_layer.csv and use make_gsl.bat to generate a new med_gsl.lib file.
    Then, when I run MAW the modifications do not show up. I exit the sim and see that the global_layer.csv and the med_gsl.lib have reverted back to their original form and my changes have disappeared.
    Something is overwriting the files in the global layer folder with the original versions.
    Any suggestions on getting this to stop?
    I fixed this once years ago on my old computer but I cannot remember how I did it.

When I delete the global_layer.csv and med_gsl.lib files from the global layer folder and start up MAW, new global_layer.csv and med_gsl.lib files appear in the folder. It seems that starting up MAW runs some sort of macro.

With some experimentation it turns out that my global_layer.csv and med_gsl.lib files in my global_layer folder are being replaced by global_layer.qco and med_gsl.qco files in the mode folder which are converted to .csv and .lib files automatically.
    If I remove those qco files from the mode folder then my global_layer and med_gsl files are erased from the global_layer folder upon startup, and I have no global facilities.
    Does anyone have any ideas what the heck is happening here?

Fortunately I have a work-around. I copy the global_layer.csv and med_gsl.lib files that I have customized from the global_layer folder and paste them into the mode folder then change them both to qco files. This works.
    But still, ?????????

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi swpierce,

I guess that the MAW system of era and spawn swapping is not as accessible as the .bat files used in ETO. There must be some base GL files being referred to when switching that we don't know about? Maybe in the MAW backup files? have you tried doing the same thing in MAW 1943?

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Hi swpierce,

I guess that the MAW system of era and spawn swapping is not as accessible as the .bat files used in ETO. There must be some base GL files being referred to when switching that we don't know about? Maybe in the MAW backup files? have you tried doing the same thing in MAW 1943?
    I have not tried loading MAW 1943 yet as I have had so many issues just getting MAW up.
    I wish I knew why I have so many unique problems with my machine.

Members who have read this thread: 0