No external sounds and no radio chatter sounds in Windows 10

Thread: No external sounds and no radio chatter sounds in Windows 10

No external sounds and no radio chatter sounds in Windows 10

Hi all,

Was forced to upgrade to Windows 10 recently from Windows 7. Whenever I switch to an external aircraft view, I get no sounds at all. I'm assuming that there's a glitch somewhere?

Any suggestions as I'm completely lost

Thanks,

Chris
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

It's been years ago now, but I remember something similar happening when I made the switch to Win 10. I seem to think it had to do with an incompatibility with the sound drivers, and how they were trying to do environmental/special effects. Are you using the generic Windows plug and play sound driver, or a dedicated one?

I'm on a newer computer now and Win 10/ CFS3 doesn't seem to have a problem with the Realtek HD Audio Manager that came with it (No Environmental Effects, Loudness Equalization Checked, Equalizer using the Powerful Preset).
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

As far as I know, I'm using a RealTek sound driver, so I'm assuming it's a generic sound driver. Any suggestions? I've finally started getting back into CFS3 after so long.

Have you applied any compatibility settings to CFS3?

Running Win 7 on a dual boot 10/7 PC here and don't recall if I played CFS3 in Win 10 before adding 7 on an SSD (mainly to play BoB2 without issues) but - if only as it's a very easy thing to do - it might be worthwhile locating cfs3.exe, right-clicking on it, and in the menu which appears, selecting Properties/Compatibility, ticking 'Run this program as an administrator' and 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:', trying different values in the drop-down - I have Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility set.

Quote Originally Posted by 33lima View Post
    Have you applied any compatibility settings to CFS3?

Running Win 7 on a dual boot 10/7 PC here and don't recall if I played CFS3 in Win 10 before adding 7 on an SSD (mainly to play BoB2 without issues) but - if only as it's a very easy thing to do - it might be worthwhile locating cfs3.exe, right-clicking on it, and in the menu which appears, selecting Properties/Compatibility, ticking 'Run this program as an administrator' and 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:', trying different values in the drop-down - I have Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility set.
    Turned out to be a very simple fix. Just had to set the sound driver to headphones and now the audio works flawlessly!

Members who have read this thread: 0